• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The only mention of Nebraska in Stewart Mandel's mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not be surprised to see Sheelhouse to move around in the pocket or break loose on blown coverage.

The problem is we're playing Illinois in a morning game. Why will anyone care if we win by 28? We SHOULD win by 28 so it won't matter if we do. The only way we get attention this weekend is if we lose. And that'll only be because people will talk about if/when Bo is going to be fired.

MAYBE if Armstrong breaks a bunch of school records, then people will talk about a quarterback controversy. But really, we're too irrelevant for any national sports media to care if we have a good backup QB.

We have to win the next three games convincingly and then beat a good NW team, a good MSU team and a good Michigan team. Then we will get noticed in a positive light. Until then, forget it.

The point is we will suck until we don't suck. Just winning ugly won't change the national perception. We will have to stop getting embarrassed on national broadcasts and we will have to start consistently beating decent teams. You can't do that when your defense is a sieve and your offense is inconsistent. Let the desuckification process begin!!
not to start another how many wins are enough debate but the highlighted part has always been it for me. the reason I have changed my vote for Bo to I am not sure is for this reason. This tells you what people outside the program think about Bo's 9 to 10 wins a year. Not much. They are correct. If we were competing in these games and playing good football yet falling short, I would be putting my dukes up to fight some of these Bo has to go now guys. Right now, all I can do is sit and watch and ocasionally throw in my own pot shot. :Biggrin:

Yes and no...the next few games tell us little.

As far as on-field action this has to be one of the more boring seasons I can remember. From game 1 to november its mostly teams with no pulse and "bye" weeks. Snooze-fest

Well let's hope not, because if the next few games tell us something it's probably not going to be a good thing.......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...usc-coaching-mailbag/?sct=hp_t13_a2&eref=sihp

In a question about whether or not Craig Bohl's North Dakota State team should be ranked, Mandel says the following...

This is what national sportswriters think of Nebraska football. We don't even belong in the top 25. The worst part is I have no argument against it. In the past I would email Mandel or Ivan Maisel at ESPN if they said something I disagreed with, but in this case there's nothing to be said. :(

I hope we turn it around fast and show people we're a good team. Let's win the conference and stop being a laughingstock. Please.

Where is the outrage??? There was no need for Stewie to go there! Obviously he has an agenda, what a hack........:rolleyes:

Agree with sentiment of your post....

Yes and no...the next few games tell us little.

As far as on-field action this has to be one of the more boring seasons I can remember. From game 1 to november its mostly teams with no pulse and "bye" weeks. Snooze-fest

Two "bye" weeks certainly don't help. These teams aren't complete pushovers, but I agree. The season starts in earnest in November. It would be nice to mix some of those games around on the schedule.

Either way, going into Northwestern at 6-1 won't prove a whole lot, but it should calm at least a few nerves. Provided the defense shows at least a modicum of competency.

If we are anything other than 6-1 I (and I suspect many others) will be in meltdown mode. If you thought what we have seen on here is meltdown mode you won't recognize it if we're 5-2, 4-3, or worse 3-4.

These next three are MUST wins IMO to have any faith moving forward.

If we are anything other than 6-1 I (and I suspect many others) will be in meltdown mode. If you thought what we have seen on here is meltdown mode you won't recognize it if we're 5-2, 4-3, or worse 3-4.

These next three are MUST wins IMO to have any faith moving forward.

This is very true. Bo's job will be in serious jeopardy if we're not 6-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back