• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hold the phone on Suttles to Miami: Its Not Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Interesting....wonder if Al Golden talked to Bo and had second thoughts based on what happened up in Lincoln? Not to mention sanctions against Miami are expected to come down this coming week from the NCAA....

But according to a tweet from longtime Miami Herald reporter Barry Jackson, it does not appear Suttles will be with the Canes.

Jackson' tweeted on Friday: After discussion UM has decided not to take Ernest Suttles who was thrown off Nebraska team for breaking bottle on teammates' head.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...3-a810-0019bb2963f4.html#.UgaiYbpayG4.twitter

Its the you know what's when the truth comes out sometimes. I wish the kid the best. But I am glad this happened. There are consequences for the things we do.....

I would assume "wishing him the best" was under the assumption that it was a teenage kid making a dumb mistake under the influence of alcohol. Many have been made and many more will be by underage and "of-age" users of alcohol.

Because I'd hate to see another young talent completely wasted. I hope Suttles can put things together, just not at NU (or Miami).
Ahhh, so he has talent we wish him well, but a normal student nobody would care about.

Being young and dumb is one thing....a regular fight and kicked off cool, wish him luck, but he used a bottle to assault one of OUR players requiring medical attention and stitches.

Last edited:
Ahhh, so he has talent we wish him well, but a normal student nobody would care about.

Being young and dumb is one thing....a regular fight and kicked off cool, wish him luck, but he used a bottle to assault one of OUR players requiring medical attention and stitches.

A normal student nobody would hear about, and probably would never have been arrested (depending on where the party took place), and a normal person wouldn't have to live the rest of his life wondering about an athletic career that could have been.

I agree with the dismissal, I agree that he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but I also realize that I'm not the same person I was when I was 17 or 18 and I only hope that Suttles' life isn't completely ruined by a stupid alcohol and testosterone-fueled fight.

A normal student nobody would hear about, and probably would never have been arrested (depending on where the party took place), and a normal person wouldn't have to live the rest of his life wondering about an athletic career that could have been.

I agree with the dismissal, I agree that he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but I also realize that I'm not the same person I was when I was 17 or 18 and I only hope that Suttles' life isn't completely ruined by a stupid alcohol and testosterone-fueled fight.
Steroids?

He hit a teammate over the head with a bottle....that's an assult and he got a ticket to appear in court in Nebraska for it.....pretty serious stuff....could have killed him.....that's why he got booted at Nebraska and I suspect why Miami passed....

Huh, didn't know he was committing a felony assault when he got told no go.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back