• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked List of who is visiting for the Texas Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Neuheisel is supposed to have real repore with kids and I guess sells them the goods....and it works with some kids....and being able to sell LA to some kids is a plus too....he thinks big and goes after top recruits and lands a few like Owa who buy into it....as far as philosophies he and Bo are polar opposites....and I think their defensive mindset is too....then again he is an offensive guy.....

Neuheisel I think could be a really good coach and he has shown as such it just seems like all of the other stuff seems to bring him down where ever he goes...he inherited a mess in Westwood and they will give him a few years to turn it around...if he does or not is anyone's guess....lot of injuries for them this year is not helping his cause....

Thanks RR for the updates. Do you have an idea why NU and UCLA have been battling it out for recruits the past couple years? Same defensive schemes / philosophies, etc?

They lost to K-State. Don't these people understand?!?

Most kids don't care if they lost to so and so team, it is about the school and relationship with the coaches, plus they think they can be the missing piece to get them over the hump.

We used to get our best recruits after losses under Callahan.

That is true....good post...:)

Most kids don't care if they lost to so and so team, it is about the school and relationship with the coaches, plus they think they can be the missing piece to get them over the hump.

Never thought of it this way. It kind of defies logic, but it does make sense in a way.

And taking a flight into L.A. rather than Omaha doesn't hurt, either. :lol:

Yet another recruit will visit....CB Jon Aiken......same school as Curt Evens another Nebraska offer....

Very impressive video....a real burner...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEPI0k_tFsk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JEPI0k_tFsk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Some concern that this group may be getting a bit too big to give indvidual attention too....also some belief we may get a commit or two after this game...

Just different things I have read/heard on the radio etc....and they make sense....you want a group in the 8-10 range....we are up around 15 now and that is way to big, especially with a game like Texas.....

Where are these feelings coming from?

Just different things I have read/heard on the radio etc....and they make sense....you want a group in the 8-10 range....we are up around 15 now and that is way to big, especially with a game like Texas.....

Well, quit reading all the doom as it is never to big to have recruits in for a Texas game.

I know what your saying and don't disagree in thw scheme of things....however, I think a group that big can also be a problem if a kid thinks he is being ignored....I guess we pay attention to the ones we really want and think we have a shot at....;):Biggrin:

Well, quit reading all the doom as it is never to big to have recruits in for a Texas game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back