• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2013 MLB Season Discussion Thread

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
Astros currently on top of the Rangers in the first game of the season... well, Houston will fall back to reality in time. :)

Anyhow ... this thread is to talk about whatever you please all season long (okay, not just whatever you please, but MLB baseball).

If you wish to post predictions, have at it. If you just wish to chat as the season progresses, please do.

Personally, I LOVE professional baseball. Of course, rooting for the Phillies due to my 12 years living there... won't be easy with Washington and Atlanta to contend with. And my team growing up in Nebraska was the Royals. And since they are in separate leagues, I'll pull for both. Kansas City should be a ton of fun to watch in 2013.

Remember that time baseball was too long and boring to satisfy younger sports fans and it slowly died off as football surged in popularity?

Happy Opening Day, everyone! Two things that always make me think spring are Opening Day and The Masters.

Really hoping the Twins aren't battling for the cellar in the AL Central again this year. They open at Target Field today with the Tigers. It's the first ever true opening day at Target Field. Would love it to be a win.

Happy Opening Day, everyone! Two things that always make me think spring are Opening Day and The Masters.

Really hoping the Twins aren't battling for the cellar in the AL Central again this year. They open at Target Field today with the Tigers. It's the first ever true opening day at Target Field. Would love it to be a win.

And fittingly, it will be COLD today in Minneapolis! Temps in the 30s.

I see its currently 29 degrees with a high of 35 today in Minneapolis:)

Bryce Harper starts out with homeruns in his first two at bats! Strasburg is currently mowing down the Marlins. Lot's of picks for the Nats to win the World Series this season.

Taking my dad to Camden Yards this next Sunday to watch the O's and Twins. Will also see KC play in Baltimore on May 7.

Bryce Harper starts out with homeruns in his first two at bats! Strasburg is currently mowing down the Marlins. Lot's of picks for the Nats to win the World Series this season.

Nats are starting to develop a real following in the DC Metro area. Some fans are afraid they will shut Strasburg down again this year so he won't be in the playoffs. I find that hard to believe but they may limit his innings pitched as the season wears on.

The Japanese tourists were out in force in Rangers gear this morning, even though I don't think Darvish pitches until tomorrow.

Nats are starting to develop a real following in the DC Metro area. Some fans are afraid they will shut Strasburg down again this year so he won't be in the playoffs. I find that hard to believe but they may limit his innings pitched as the season wears on.

I tend to agree with you, Thot. No way in hell do the Nats shut him down again ... or you might as well just shut him down every playoff series for the rest of his career. Last year sort of made sense... less than a year removed from surgery ... But now, yes, maybe they'll limit his innings to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

Last edited:
Yes, the Chicago White Sox start the season off with a win, way to go Chris Sale and Tyler Flowers. I know the Tigers are the media favorites to win the division but you better not count out my team out.

I would tend to agree, they definitely are a threat to win it all this season. Let's see, White Sox and Nationals, I like it, lol.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back