• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Husker Nation, welcome back to the Wonderful World of REX BURKHEAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt! And it's in no way a dig at Abdullah or Heard, as they have been outstanding.

Burkhead is a back like I've never seen before. It's as if he says "OK, I'm getting 7 yards on this play" and there's nothing short of an asteroid the size of Omaha landing on his head that will stop him from getting it. We may have had more purely gifted RBs at NU, but none of them were as much fun to watch. And none had the heart he has (and we've had some very high class RBs).

I'm trying to imagine him behind the lines from the 90s. What a show he would have put on.

This.

Rex has helped instill a work ethic and attitude that will live along time in the Husker program. You can see his influence on Ameer, Braylon & Imani, not to mention the rest of the team, when they get the ball. Ameer, Braylon & Imani will just get better and better and pass it along to the next group of backs. His presence will be felt for years.

Rex has helped instill a work ethic and attitude that will live along time in the Husker program. You can see his influence on Ameer, Braylon & Imani, not to mention the rest of the team, when they get the ball. Ameer, Braylon & Imani will just get better and better and pass it along to the next group of backs. His presence will be felt for years.

Work ethic, attitude, and also a desire to reach out to those in need. As exemplified by the Uplifting Athletes membership:

http://www.upliftingathletes.org/ua-chapter/nebraska-leadership

Finally found a picture from one of his amazing 4th quarter runs. Anyone have any others?

50b026662c4bf.preview-620.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...a6-662ec3c6f89a/50b026662c4bf.preview-620.jpg

Chuck Norris says this, twitter@chucknorris, "I am no longer the man. Replaced by Rex B...cuz even I can't tackle him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back