• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Championship week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo Pelinis Gum

Scout Team
2 Year Member
This game is gi-nourmous for the Huskers. I believe that the winner of this game wins the conference. We all know whats at stake for the legends division, but this game is for the legends, the B1G and for a Rose Bowl berth. If the team is looking for a weekend to put it all together and let it fly, this is it. HUGE game!!

This game is gi-nourmous for the Huskers. I believe that the winner of this game wins the conference. We all know whats at stake for the legends division, but this game is for the legends, the B1G and for a Rose Bowl berth. If the team is looking for a weekend to put it all together and let it fly, this is it. HUGE game!!

Yea Oregon and USC are shaking in their boots wondering who they might have to play:sarcastic:

Totally agree. And with Michigan State and Wisconsin looking progressively worse each week, this is a prime opportunity for either the Huskers or Wolverines.

Let's look at the eventual Leaders Division Champion: Wisconsin. Ohio State and Penn State are on probation. Wisconsin -- though a shadow of their 2011 squad -- pretty much has the division locked up. They're sitting at 3 conference wins and will likely notch a fourth against Indiana. Even if the Badgers lose the rest, they'll be 4-4 in the Big Ten.

Purdue, Illinois and Indiana, meanwhile are winless in-conference. In order for one of them to win the division, they need to win their remaining 5 consecutive games; a very tall order.

Meanwhile, in the Legends Division, things are more open. Minnesota is winless, meaning they'd need to replicate the same five game streak as the bottom 3 Leaders Teams. The Gophers still play Michigan AND Nebraska, so this is practically impossible. Sorry Formo.

Moving up the ladder, Michigan State has a single win. However, they only have four games remaining so their only shot at redemption is for Nebraska to beat Michigan and they would then need to run the table (including Nebraska). Ain't happening.

Northwestern (2-2) or Iowa (2-1) could potentially pull ahead, but they play each other this week. Since the Hawkeyes have a better record, they need this game to stay in the hunt. If Northwestern wins, they likely sideline both teams since the Wildcats have already lost to Nebraska and must travel to Ann Arbor. If the Hawkeyes prevail, they could improve to 6-1 before playing Michigan AND Nebraska... back to back.

So long story short - Wisconsin has virtually wrapped up the Leaders Division and unless there's some Sooner Magic coming out of Iowa City, the game on Saturday will crown Michigan or Nebraska the Legends Division champ.

This sentiment is completely misplaced.

If Michigan wins than they win the division (and potentially the Conference).

If we win (since we already have 1 loss) we need to win our or get help.

If we beat UM all that means is we get to keep playing for 4 more weeks with each week being a must win.
If we drop a game to MSU, PSU, or Iowa we need to get help from UM losing.

This sentiment is completely misplaced.

If Michigan wins than they win the division (and potentially the Conference).

If we win (since we already have 1 loss) we need to win our or get help.

If we beat UM all that means is we get to keep playing for 4 more weeks with each week being a must win.
If we drop a game to MSU, PSU, or Iowa we need to get help from UM losing.

I don't think it's misplaced at all. The momentum off a big win potentially sets us down a heck of a run. Every week is a must win, so that hasn't changed. Hoping that the sloppiness is cleaned up this weekend, this could be a catalyst to turning an average season into a dang good one. We have no idea how good this team actually is/could be but, there's been some flashes of a pretty dominant team, this is the weekend to show it.

Last edited:
I agree BPG that this is a must win for the confidence of this team for the season. It's time to start playing some big-boy football. I think we get it done. I hope the Red Sea is loud and proud on Saturday!!

GBR

It's a tough string of games, but it is also for Michigan St. They played Michigan last week, Wisconsin this week and Nebraska next week. Nebraska took advantage of that last year as MSU had won two very emotional games before coming into Lincoln. If Wisconsin beats MSU this week, MSU will move to 4-5 and I'm not sure what the Spartans will have left to play for.

Last edited:

with Wisconsin looking progressively worse each week, this is a prime opportunity for either the Huskers or Wolverines.

Wisconsin progressively worse each week? :confused:

After Wisky pushed NU to the limit in Lincoln, with their young QB getting some game experience under his belt and their all-american running back getting healthy, they have:

1. Beaten Illinois at home by 17, outgaining them about 430-280;
2. Beaten Purdue on the road by 24, outgaining them about 650-250 (yes, the same Purdue that just took OSU to OT in the Shoe; you are familiar with OSU, I presume); and
3. Beaten Minnesota at home by 25, outgaining them by about 440-240.

I have seen several national writers saying that Wisky is the favorite to win the Big Ten because of how much they have improved of late (and I presume because they are pretty much a lock to reach the CCG game, as was mentioned above).

I am not saying Wisky will or will not win the Big Ten CCG. But to say that they are regressing seems to be unsupportable, given the numbers and the performance.

Last edited:
Agree. If we make it to Indy, we won't be playing the same Wisky team. But, in order to make it to Indy, we can't be the same Nebraska team either.

Wisconsin progressively worse each week? :confused:

After Wisky pushed NU to the limit in Lincoln, with their young QB getting some game experience under his belt and their all-american running back getting healthy, they have:

1. Beaten Illinois at home by 17, outgaining them about 430-280;
2. Beaten Purdue on the road by 24, outgaining them about 650-250 (yes, the same Purdue that just took OSU to OT in the Shoe); and
3. Beaten Minnesota at home by 25, outgaining them by about 440-240.

I have seen several national writers saying that Wisky is the favorite to win the Big Ten because of how much they have improved of late (and I presume because they are pretty much a lock to reach the CCG game, as was mentioned above).

I am not saying Wisky will or will not win the Big Ten. But to say that they are regressing seems to be unsupportable, given the numbers and the performance.

I agree, as of right now Wisky is the overwhelming favorite.

I would say they have a 60% chance of winning the championship.

As of right now:

Michigan has a 30% of winning.

Nebraska has a 9.5% chance.

Iowa has a .05% chance.

If we beat Michigan (and Iowa beats NW) I would change the chances to this:

Michigan has a 19% of winning.

Nebraska has a 29% chance.

Iowa has a 2% chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks