• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked We are just not well coached

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd be better off with Olivia Newton-John as head coach. "Let's Get Physical." Bo is clueless.

I cannot express how happy I am to see a Moderator say this. I feel like I've been in the minority on Pelini and his blatent lack of ability to "get the job done".

I have really wanted to support Bo, but I just do not seeing any improvement. On the flip side, I don't want to have a Dan Hawkins situation where we think we are getting a winner and we end up getting worse. We are not a top 20 team and can't think of the last good team we beat? I taped the game and ended up fast forwarded to the end (after the beginning of the 3 rd quarter). This story is getting old but I am not sure who I would see us getting? I would take Iowa States head coach at this point, no talent and yet they still win games. No way a Patterson or Peterson even look at us. :(

I dunno, Patterson or Peterson may be willing. Look, NU is still a step up from TCU or BSU IMO. The pay would be for sure, and especially with BSU I could see it as an intrigueing option for Peterson.

I dunno, Patterson or Peterson may be willing. Look, NU is still a step up from TCU or BSU IMO. The pay would be for sure, and especially with BSU I could see it as an intrigueing option for Peterson.

And if Peterson can recruit and coach talent to Boise, ID.... He'd damn sure be able to do it in Lincoln, NE.

And if Peterson can recruit and coach talent to Boise, ID.... He'd damn sure be able to do it in Lincoln, NE.

We know he sure as hell can coach. The question would be can he recruit the type of talent needed? That I don't know.

I have really wanted to support Bo, but I just do not seeing any improvement. On the flip side, I don't want to have a Dan Hawkins situation where we think we are getting a winner and we end up getting worse. We are not a top 20 team and can't think of the last good team we beat? I taped the game and ended up fast forwarded to the end (after the beginning of the 3 rd quarter). This story is getting old but I am not sure who I would see us getting? I would take Iowa States head coach at this point, no talent and yet they still win games. No way a Patterson or Peterson even look at us. :(

Last good team we beat???? Michigan state...

I agree on the improvement thing with Bo. He needs to be a better coach. A performance like this should be looked upon o different than the dismal performances of the previous regime.

I agree. Petersen has his own little fishbowl in Boise so it wouldn't be a huge adjustment though the media throng and glare would be greater.

I think I would find the best recruiter in the SEC, see if he is willing to hire the 2 best coordinators (I actually like Tim Beck's offense). And hire him....just like Barry Switzer. A personality in front of the camera is a must. ESPN will make or brake you.

I think I would find the best recruiter in the SEC, see if he is willing to hire the 2 best coordinators (I actually like Tim Beck's offense). And hire him....just like Barry Switzer. A personality in front of the camera is a must. ESPN will make or brake you.

Funny you say that. I was thinking today while watching the NU OSU talk on College Gameday why they interviewed Urban and nothing from Bo.

The thread title:[h=2]"We are just not well coached"[/h] is THE UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR. POTY material. Well said.

Last edited:

I don't know whether the Huskers are poorly coached, but they certainly are undisciplined. The lack of discipline really shows in road games (the game in Happy Valley last year being a weird exception given the circumstances). The result this evening was tough to swallow, but not unexpected. Because the team has been undisciplined for such a long period of time, there really is nothing that told me that suddenly they would become disciplined against a quality opponent in a hostile enviroment. On the contrary, everything told me that this game would be similar to the games against UCLA and South Carolina and Michigan--poor play by the defense, poor play by the special teams, erratic play by the quarterback, turnovers and pre-snap penalties.

You could argue the talent issue too, which is on Bo as well. But I think the talent issue argument is losing water as this team performs worse than a UAB and CAL against teams like OSU. If NU truly isn't as talented as UAB that's scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back