• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2011 Team Recruiting Top 20 Rankings Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
I know a few folks have been asking about the initial team rankings for the 2011 recruiting cycle....out today 25August 2011....Nebraska at 16....found it interesting that Nebraska's "stock" was down...not sure what they base that on (perhaps Bo ticked them off..:Biggrin:)....perhaps HIO or someone else can chime in on that....also not sure that I agree with their "Top Remaining Targets" either....but hey this is Rivals....:)

Only one team with fewer recruits then Nebraska to make the list.....'SC.....

Free article by the way...

The Huskers will be taking their program to the Big Ten after this season and recruiting could shift, but for now they are killing it in the places they recruit best, such as Texas, areas of the Southeast and the rest of the Midlands. With only 12 commitments, there is plenty of room in this class and a chance to move up the charts if they finish strong.

Biggest gets: OL Tyler Moore, QB Bubba Starling, CB Tevin Mitchel

Top remaining targets: RB Aaron Green, OL Cyrus Hobbi, DT Mickey Johnson

See the rest here:

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1117573

Last edited:
Its interesting that they have Aaron Green as one of Texas's top remaining targets, but not one for Florida State. I couldn't see how he is listed for Cal.

I assume from their blurb that Nebraska's stock is down because they think NU wont be able to recruit Texas effectively anymore.

I know a few folks have been asking about the initial team rankings for the 2011 recruiting cycle....out today 25August 2011....Nebraska at 16....found it interesting that Nebraska's "stock" was down...not sure what they base that on (perhaps Bo ticked them off..:Biggrin:)....perhaps HIO or someone else can chime in on that....also not sure that I agree with their "Top Remaining Targets" either....but hey this is Rivals....:)

Only one team with fewer recruits then Nebraska to make the list.....'SC.....

Free article by the way...

See the rest here:

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1117573

Who do you think the top 3 remaining recruits should be? I would love to have these 3 and I agree with them being the top 3 remaining.

Jeremey Cash and Todd Peat would be in the their too....so you can really look at five or so guys in the final mix....

Who do you think the top 3 remaining recruits should be? I would love to have these 3 and I agree with them being the top 3 remaining.

Last edited:
Jeremey Cash and Todd Peat would be in the their too....so you can really look at five or so guys in the final mix....

Top choices by chance to get them: Aaron Green, Todd Peat, Wayne Lyons, and Mickey Johnson. I can't imagine Cash would leave his OSU offer on the table, unless they are encouraging him to look around and I don't have a good feeling we will land Hobbi - but I hope I'm wrong!

Cash is looking and scheduling visits which is not a good thing for Ohio State....soft verbal now....I think he is using them as a place holder and I think they will play along to a point, as he is too good of a commit to lose...I'l make a wild prediction that he goes elsewhere....

I like Peat & Lyons alot too...

Hard to tell on Hobbi, btu I tend to agree with you.....

Top choices by chance to get them: Aaron Green, Todd Peat, Wayne Lyons, and Mickey Johnson. I can't imagine Cash would leave his OSU offer on the table, unless they are encouraging him to look around and I don't have a good feeling we will land Hobbi - but I hope I'm wrong!

Eleven SEC teams in the top 33...what a conference. They should get two automatic BCS bids.
Penn State listed at 99th with only four recruits.

Cash is looking and scheduling visits which is not a good thing for Ohio State....soft verbal now....I think he is using them as a place holder and I think they will play along to a point, as he is too good of a commit to lose...I'l make a wild prediction that he goes elsewhere....

I like Peat & Lyons alot too...

Hard to tell on Hobbi, btu I tend to agree with you.....

Yeah I just find it interesting with Cash that he would even consider looking around unless he isn't hearing what he wants to hear or OSU is telling him to look around due to class size or something (which I kinda doubt based on his skill). I won't consider your prediction wild if he chooses to come here! ;) The great thing I keep reading about Cash and Lyons is how they are both rover types with the ability to play S - uhm, sounds exactly like the abilities BP is lookin for!

Also I haven't seen as much video on Mickey as I have on Peat, so I'm a little biased here, but Peat fires off the ball like mad and seems to be in the backfield more than he isn't. Based on rankings, I would assume Mickey is darn good and we should hope to get him as well - he seems to be in the Jay Guy mold (continually described as a tank).

Yeah, all of this is just speculation and I'm no mind-reader, but everything I've read on Hobbi just makes it seem like he wants to stay in the SW. Once again, hope I'm wrong, but we've got a good looking OLine class so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back