• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked CB Charles Jackson has Huskers as one of his three favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Tough company to battle for his commit.....a real burner....another kid who wanted to play at Texas however, the offer never came....I think he he would a really big pickup if we can get him onboard....

Eval Teaser:

Evaluation
Jackson is a few inches away from being a top national prospect but we still feel his recruiting will heat up once more coaches pop in his film. Lacks ideal height but has a longer, rangier frame and simply plays bigger and taller. This kid is a competitor who consistently...

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-.../college-football/recruiting/player?id=103324

Charles Jackson (Klein, Texas/Klein Collins)
He's a really impressive athlete who should see his stock rise through the spring evaluation period. The ESPNU 150 prospect can run, is physical and can match up thanks to his upper-body strength in a short area. He has real upside to be one of the better secondary players in the Southwest.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5077685

\Video: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4734626

Klein, TX
Klein Collins HS
5'10"
175 lbs
40 time: 4.4
Scholarships: Arkansas, Baylor, California, Florida, Houston, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas Tech
Favorites: Nebraska, Oklahoma and Arkansas

Rivals: 4****
Scout: 4****
ESPN: 4****

Kid is a stud that I would love Texas to make room for. I don't care who gets him as long as he stays away from Norman.

I love how we haven't really heard about these guys unless you are browsing Rivals position rankings, and you see them at the top. All of a sudden we are listed in the top 3 for them.

We have to prove this year that we can do it before I label us "back", or selecting instead of recruiting, but everyone eluded to the fact that we are getting TOP talent to look at us. You can not rely on 2star Jared Cricks every year to develop like he did. You have to get the top players in the country to play for you. Bo makes average players look real good, can't wait to see how we start playing with "his" players on defense.

With 7 four stars commits and five in the Rivals 250 this year we have done pretty darn good thus far....throw Aaron Green into that equation and that's a hell of a class and we still have 9-10 slots to fill....and Stafford will more than likely be a Top 15.....4-star when the JUCO rankings are released...so add Green in (good chance at a 5-star ranking) and that leaves us with 9 young men out of 14 ranked 4-star or higher...and Sade as a kicker is ranked #2 in the country....I call that a great class that hopefully will only get better....:) So we are getting the top players in the country to play for us....but we have to sustain it year after year...

I love how we haven't really heard about these guys unless you are browsing Rivals position rankings, and you see them at the top. All of a sudden we are listed in the top 3 for them.

We have to prove this year that we can do it before I label us "back", or selecting instead of recruiting, but everyone eluded to the fact that we are getting TOP talent to look at us. You can not rely on 2star Jared Cricks every year to develop like he did. You have to get the top players in the country to play for you. Bo makes average players look real good, can't wait to see how we start playing with "his" players on defense.

Last edited:

With 7 four stars commits and five in the Rivals 250 this year we have done pretty darn good thus far....throw Aaron Green into that equation and that's a hell of a class and we still have 9-10 slots to fill....and Stafford will more than likely be a Top 15.....4-star when the JUCO rankings are released...so add Green in (good chance at a 5-star ranking) and that leaves us with 9 young men out of 14 ranked 4-star or higher...and Sade as a kicker is ranked #2 in the country....I call that a great class that hopefully will only get better....:) So we are getting the top players in the country to play for us....but we have to sustain it year after year...

Great post, barring any de-commits, this will be one of the better classes we have seen at NU(before they get here) in my mind. Does that mean the will pan out? Did the 2005 class pan out? I think will start seeing the fruition of great recruiting and great coaching from top to bottom. I am thrilled at the kids, not just in Texas, but all over the US that Bo and Co are recruiting and getting to commit! Good things are to come! This class is far from done, yet what we already have is a great class!

The guy is a stud. Is a players height really used that strongly in how they rate him? I mean Grixby was all of 3 feet standing on a chair and he did alright for us.

I think our chances are really good with this young man! He took his visit to Oklahoma last week, with Arkansas next. He will be here for the Texas game! Would love to get him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back