• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Props to Taylor Martinez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Red

Recruit
5 Year Member
Just wanted to give Taylor his just dues before the season starts. Many kids would have turned and run from the heat he receives around here. If he did, we'd all be bashing him for being a quitter, not tough enough, not what we want if he runs from the heat. Instead, here he is 4 yrs in and trying to lead our beloved Cornhuskers to great things. He worked on his weaknesses in the off season and keeps pressing on (You know "Day by Day We get better and better!) No, I don't think he's perfect yet (but neither was Frazier, Frost, Crouch, et el.) but I'm glad we've got him. Kids likely going to be our all time leader in yardage and if we can get the plumbing flowing on the pipeline, watch out. Here's hoping for great things the next 2 yrs but regardless, I'm glad he's got the toughness to be a Husker.:N:

judge, well said man. now prepare for attack, you know Uncle Rico posts here under about 80 different names. should be waking up and dialing in any minute now. :Biggrin:

I remember sitting in the Westminster (CO) Fox and Hound waiting for the kickoff of the opening game when they announced TM was going to be the starter. By the end of the day, high-fives were flying all around and everyone was grinning ear to ear. Lots of water under the bridge since then - both good and bad. Being the starting QB at Nebraska is volunteering to be a lightning rod.

I am delighted to see how Taylor has persevered throughout these years. We've watched him mature and improve technically. This season should be more of the same trajectory, and I can't wait to see what happens. So glad he has hung in there. Thanks for being a Husker. Good luck today, Taylor. May the Force be with you.

Proud of Taylor. Hopefully he's healthy and prepared to lead. But I will say the heat is hot everywhere for QB's in a top program. NU has expectations...maybe too much, but not much different than OU, Mich, OSU...etc. Seems to me that the players have to be able to separate what the fans, media and boards expect and concentrate on what the coaches and teammates expect. It's part of today's big time college football world...step up (like TM has) or step aside.

IDK....time will give us answers. If he has improved his passing reads/throws, manage the game better, and not FUMBLE as much, i will give him some props. NOT till .........

IDK....time will give us answers. If he has improved his passing reads/throws, manage the game better, and not FUMBLE as much, i will give him some props. NOT till .........
The props I'm talking about is having cajones to stay during tough times, put up with constant criticism, work to get better, and staying the course with the hope of good things to come. Coulda bailed and left us with no experience whatsoever going into a very tough year. Hope he improves what you're talking about but not really my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back