• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What Would 6A Look Like In Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Thoughts from folks on here who live in Texas? Make a difference in recruiting?

The Texas high school athletic landscape was shaken up last month as the University Interscholastic League announced that the possibility of adding a Class 6A was being explored.

So, what would a Class 6A potentially look like?

TheOldCoach.com took a look at the 2010 enrollment figures used for the state's most recent alignment, while also adding in new schools which are anticipated to play varsity football in 2012 and placing them in the appropriate classification.

The possibility of schools "opting up" was included as well.

The final numbers, after the schools were placed in order, wound up with the proposed new Class 6A potentially having 202 schools, with an enrollment break of 2,255 or more.

Below is a hypothetical Class 6A realignment as proposed by the staff of TheOldCoach.com. The current enrollment number is listed on the left.

* Indicates a projected opt-up school.
See realignment here:

http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1112774

They have talked about this a lot before...but always gets shot down as they would have to travel to far for games in district.

It might work how it is showing, but we will see as we just started the 2 year alignment starting this year...so it could not go in effect until 2012.

Thanks....:)

They have talked about this a lot before...but always gets shot down as they would have to travel to far for games in district.

It might work how it is showing, but we will see as we just started the 2 year alignment starting this year...so it could not go in effect until 2012.

I like the look of the alignments for the Austin area schools. I think they screwed up a lot of rivalries with the last realignment. I hope it comes to pass. (I'd like to see Georgetown included with the North Austin suburban schools.)

Travel for metro area schools doesn't look to be a problem. I do feel sorry for Tyler Lee though. That's a lot of miles going back and forth to Dallas the way he's laid this out.
Can't see any affect on recruiting. More kids playing more playoff games at big schools (5A & 6A) will result in even better players.

I'm looking for the Cornhusker football related topic here. Would somebody point that one out to me.:confused:

I think it would cause more problems to districts. Right now you have some really weird growth and expansion problems in the Klein District. Have for years. You build a new HS, but you demographics wind up being off a few years. Parents fight redistricting to balance out. We wound up with Klein Oak nearly (or actually) dropping to 4-A for a season or two when Klein Collins was built; now a few years later Oak is over crowded and is the largest HS enrollment in the district.

That 4-A drop hurt them very bad for a few years. They even lost their top Baseball Coach due to it (he had nine former players in the major leagues). They took it out on the School Board and got most of the members replaced. Didn't really do anything different, but it sure shook up district politics and hence, the administration.

Other districts have similar issues. I think Wylie where our august former third team QB graduated from went from 2A to 5A very quickly and then they built another school.

I suspect this proposal may be an idea to formalize a split in the two divisions in 5A in the playoffs; only it permanently splits them. They take all the teams that qualify and put them in smaller or larger category.

Last edited:

We have 26 players on our roster that come from High Schools in the state of Texas.

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.dbml?spid=22&spsid=4&db_oem_id=100
How about having a conversation about them then? Your feeble attempt to dodge the basic and fundamental rules of posting her is pretty lame.

My issue is with the moderation of threads that have a lot more to do with Husker football than High School Football classification in Texas get moved very quickly to the "Other" thread black hole. Apparently there is a different standard when a moderator starts the thread. :mad:

Its the off season and David and Medic have told us its OK to talk about subjects that may not be totally Nebraska related....once the season starts they will be moved....if you go look on the football board you'll see non -Nebraska subjects started by all kinds of folks....

If you have a problem please don't hesitate to PM me....I can promise you there isn't a different standard....I simply was trying to share some information in the off season on recruiting....sorry if you are offended...

Thanks

RR

How about having a conversation about them then? Your feeble attempt to dodge the basic and fundamental rules of posting her is pretty lame.

My issue is with the moderation of threads that have a lot more to do with Husker football than High School Football classification in Texas get moved very quickly to the "Other" thread black hole. Apparently there is a different standard when a moderator starts the thread. :mad:

Last edited:

During the football season and the heavy recruiting season threads that are not Husker related will get moved. But during the off season they can stay, if we were to have an abundance of non-Husker stuff that was knocking Husker stuff off the front page then a thread/s may get moved. If you have an issue with a thread getting moved then report the first post in that thread and ask why. But to do it the way you did in this post I can assure you is not the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back