• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Mexico

Money, Bob Davie, Money and Money.

It is not an easy schedule but they only have to win two and they will have doubled last year's number.

Yup, they play Hawaii (specifically, AT Hawaii) on October 13th.

• Sat, Sept 1

• Sat, Sept 8

• Sat, Sept 15

• Sat, Sept 22

• Sat, Sept 29

• Sat, Oct 6

• Sat, Oct 13

• Sat, Oct 20

• Sat, Oct 27

• Sat, Nov 3

• Sat, Nov 10

• Sat, Nov 17

• Sat, Nov 24

<tbody>
</tbody>

The Hawaii Exemption is a rule enacted by the NCAA that allows Division I football teams who play at Hawaii to schedule a 13th regular-season game. The rule also applies to the Warriors, allowing Hawaii an extra game as well.So why the love for the Aloha State? Playing at Hawaii means a lot of extra travel costs for teams. Imagine the logistics in getting a team like Boston College to Honolulu.

Most teams take advantage of the 13th game to play an extra home game, which generates revenue used to offset the travel costs. However, teams can also schedule an extra BYE week if they desire.

Additionally, this rule applies to ANY Div-1 (FBS/FCS) teams in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. In practicality, though, there really aren't any teams in Alaska or Puerto Rico that anybody wants to play.

17.28.2 Alaska/Hawaii, Additional Football Contest
Member institutions located in Alaska and Hawaii shall be permitted to exceed, by one, the maximum number of football contests permitted under Bylaw 17.9.5.1 but otherwise shall conform to the same maximum number of contests and dates of competition permitted other members of the Association.
17.9.5.2 Annual Exemptions. [FBS/FCS]
The maximum number of football contests shall exclude the following:
(k) Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico. [FBS/FCS]
Any football games played in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico,respectively, either against or under the sponsorship of an active member institution located in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico, by a Division I member institution located outside the area in question.

Last edited:

Yup, they play Hawaii (specifically, AT Hawaii) on October 13th.

• Sat, Sept 1

• Sat, Sept 8

• Sat, Sept 15

• Sat, Sept 22

• Sat, Sept 29

• Sat, Oct 6

• Sat, Oct 13

• Sat, Oct 20

• Sat, Oct 27

• Sat, Nov 3

• Sat, Nov 10

• Sat, Nov 17

• Sat, Nov 24

<tbody>
</tbody>

The Hawaii Exemption is a rule enacted by the NCAA that allows Division I football teams who play at Hawaii to schedule a 13th regular-season game. The rule also applies to the Warriors, allowing Hawaii an extra game as well.So why the love for the Aloha State? Playing at Hawaii means a lot of extra travel costs for teams. Imagine the logistics in getting a team like Boston College to Honolulu.

Most teams take advantage of the 13th game to play an extra home game, which generates revenue used to offset the travel costs. However, teams can also schedule an extra BYE week if they desire.

Additionally, this rule applies to ANY Div-1 (FBS/FCS) teams in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. In practicality, though, there really aren't any teams in Alaska or Puerto Rico that anybody wants to play.

I could see Penn St. trying to add Hawaii at the end of the season. It would be nice to see the players get a fun trip. As long as the administrators stay home.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back