• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Royals

Royals win 4th straight 1 run game. Pitching has been good lately, hitting still struggling.

Hard to score runs when your Manager is in love with the Bunt. A team that struggles to put together strings of hits to me isn't a good candidate for the bunt, gives them easy-outs and makes it harder on yourself to get a run across. I want to throw something at my TV (or radio:)) everytime I see this team squares up to bunt.

67 games into the saeson and the Royals are 2 games behind the Tigers and have a winning record on the road. If I had been told this would be the case before the season started I would have gotten very excited. As it stands right now, I am kind of disappointed. I still think the Royals will make a run at the division from here on out. If they can get the bats going, they will be a team that can make some noise.

the Royals definitely are capable of being a good offensive baseball team. Pitching is another issue. I am more of the opinion that the Royals will fade as the dog days of Summer arrive. Lack of pitching will catch up with them. Ultimately, the Tigers will flex their muscles and walk away with the division. I've seen the White Sox a couple of times. Their young pitchers are impressive to watch. The Indians don't seem to be going away.
The American League Central will be won by Detroit with Minnesota and KC at the bottom. The White Sox and Indians will finish second and third in the division.

Last edited:
67 games into the saeson and the Royals are 2 games behind the Tigers and have a winning record on the road. If I had been told this would be the case before the season started I would have gotten very excited. As it stands right now, I am kind of disappointed. I still think the Royals will make a run at the division from here on out. If they can get the bats going, they will be a team that can make some noise.

Agreed. Hosmer and Gordon really need to come alive from here on out if the Royals are going to make a run. Could be an interesting season the rest of the way out.

They have given up about 50 more runs than they have scored, the starting pitching sucks, and the bullpen will probably start to wear down with all the 5+ innings they have to cover for the starters!!! Plus, for some reason they can't win at home. This isn't the recipe for "making a run"!

What a difference a sweep makes. Now KC needs just one win in their next three for a winning month of June. Also if Escobar is not an All Star, than The whole All Star process is a sham.

He's leading the MLB at SS in BA, but the fact is a team like the Royals only gets one and Billy Butler is the best offensive tool they have and the leader of that team! Also, looking forward to watching Billy in the HR derby, though he probably won't win!!!

This is what's hurting KC the most. Chicago playing perhaps the best baseball in the AL over the past month. I was hoping the Central would be a medicore division this season, where the division champ wouldn't top 90 wins. Looks like that won't be the case, unless Chicago comes back to the pack in the Central.

I think KC and Chicago have only played 1 series this season, and play something like 15 games after the All-Star break, so KC will have plenty of opportunities to get into the divisional hunt.

Agree, the White Sox were playing some great baseball, especially right before the All-Star break. However, just like the past several years, Chicago comes out very flat after the break, today ends a 10 game road trip on which they are probably going to end up 3-7 on if Detroit hangs on to get the sweep this afternoon. This would give the White Sox a 5 game losing streak headed home and they will find themselves 1 1/2 out of first in the Central.

The Royals will certainly give Chicago all they can handle the rest of the season, hopefully KC can do some damage to Detroit as well the rest of the way.

Last edited:
It's nice to see Gordon raise his average being back in the lead off spot, seems more comfortable.

It's nice to see Gordon raise his average being back in the lead off spot, seems more comfortable.

Gordon is coming along nicely in July. He's has something like 10 multi-hit games in July, currently leads the AL in doubles, and is 10th in walks. His BA was down in the .220's about a month or so ago, so to be flirting with .300 now is quite the improvement. Maybe his biggest improvement is in reducing his strikeouts. He had 139 SO in 2011, and just has 49 so far this season.

Gordon is coming along nicely in July. He's has something like 10 multi-hit games in July, currently leads the AL in doubles, and is 10th in walks. His BA was down in the .220's about a month or so ago, so to be flirting with .300 now is quite the improvement. Maybe his biggest improvement is in reducing his strikeouts. He had 139 SO in 2011, and just has 49 so far this season.

Back in April, I was pretty concerned about Gordon, but he has pushed his average up to .298. He is having a great July.

Back in April, I was pretty concerned about Gordon, but he has pushed his average up to .298. He is having a great July.

Too bad that can't be said for the entire team. Looks like another loss today to the Angels, and that would make KC just 4-9 since the break. So much for building off the momentum of hosting the ASG.:rolleyes:

Too bad that can't be said for the entire team. Looks like another loss today to the Angels, and that would make KC just 4-9 since the break. So much for building off the momentum of hosting the ASG.:rolleyes:

Why did I get my hopes up for this season?:banghead:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back