Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: ‘That's awesome' said mother of Givens Price

‘That's awesome' said mother of Givens Price

I thought we had a real good shot of landing Price before the visit....this might have sealed it...

‘That's awesome'

The first official visits of the season brought to Lincoln two prospects already committed to other schools.

Four-star tight end A.C. Leonard, a Florida pledge, and Rice commit Givens Price were on hand to see Nebraska take on South Dakota State.

They got the grand tour, heading into the Husker locker room with NU commits Daniel Davie, Zach Sterup and Ryne Reeves just before the Tunnel Walk.

If the reaction of Price's mother was any indication, consider the trip an eye-opener. Following the introduction of starting lineups on the stadium video boards, she turned to those around her and said, “That's awesome.”

Leonard and Price hold offers from Nebraska. Leonard, who has been committed to Florida for nearly a year now, is planning an official visit to defending national champion Alabama next weekend. He also holds offers from Louisville, Miami and Tennessee.

Nebraska's next home game, an Oct. 16 date with Texas, is expected to be the major recruiting weekend for NU.
    http://www.omaha.com/article/2010092...-the-sidelines
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

He rated the visit pretty high....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

All Legend
    I wish Texas was going to be undefeated (us too!) for that game. A closely fought game between schools at the top - with us winning of course, would have been very impressive.
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

#1 Husker Fan
    Whats crazy is that he isnt even 16 yet!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    Whats crazy is that he isnt even 16 yet!
    Yeah, there's still a long time for him to re-evaluate any kind of commitment.

Nonetheless, great to hear that Mom was impressed!

Blackshirt
    Great story! I will have to watch for this kid to see how he develops and what his college decision is.
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?