Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredibly sad and shocking news for former HM poster RuffBuff--help if you can

Incredibly sad and shocking news for former HM poster RuffBuff--help if you can

I'm sure many of you remember RuffBuff...a CU Buffs fan who liked to mix it up here on the boards. Exteremely intelligent, heart of gold, and enjoyed poking Husker fans with a stick. He's also a very talented graphic designer who designed the logo for The Table, the soup ministry I helped start in Lincoln (and he did it pro bono).

I just found out that his wife very suddenly and unexpectedly died yesterday. They have a 2 year-old and just 2 weeks ago she had given birth to twins, who I believe are still in the NICU. Beyond the obvious shock and grief of losing the love of his life, there's also some huge practical issues in front of him. If you're looking for a way to help, a friend of his wife's set up a GoFundMe site to help with some of the immediate expenses. The link is here:

http://www.gofundme.com/8yxifs

Also, keep him and his family in your prayers. They've all got a very long road ahead.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Founding Father
    OMG! That's absolutely terrible! Ruff designed my Herbie avatar years ago, great guy just liked the wrong school. How did you find this out Luth?

Prayers and blessings go out to him and his children and family...so sad.....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

All Big 10
    Shocking and awful. It would be sad if it happened to anyone, but RuffBuff was/is a good guy. I'll keep him and his young children in my thoughts.

Thanks for letting me know, Luth.
    The signature I set in August 2014: Bo Pelini to his players: "It doesn't matter where you start ... It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

What Bo Pelini told his players after he was fired: "because of the environment that's here....I think you guys feel that. Am I right or wrong? It's a b---- here."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberbach View Post
    OMG! That's absolutely terrible! Ruff designed my Herbie avatar years ago, great guy just liked the wrong school. How did you find this out Luth?
    A friend of mine on Facebook (who I think knew him from college) posted a comment on a thread someone else had started about the memorial site. I just happened to be scrolling through the newsfeed and there it was.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Husker Immortal
    Thanks for letting us know and also an avenue to help. That is something no one can be prepared for and he will need tons of support from family and friends going forward. My prayers certainly go out to Ruff and his family.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." -- Vince Lombardi

Heisman
    Terrible news.

***Donation sent.
    If you continue to have your practices open to the public, don’t be surprised if they show up. All of them.

Greatness is made in empty stadiums, but it’s revealed in full stadiums.

Founding Father
    Thanks again for posting this, I went to the site and made a donation, looks like they are already half way there, Ruff was well liked... good people. May the good Lord give him strength and guidance.

Husker Immortal Love Tool
    This man is good stuff!

My prayers are with him.
    The Skunk Has Spoken!

I swear skunk was squeezin my buttocks !
    Skunkman's nose nailed this one.
    Never squat with yer spurs on.
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer
    "You gotta watch the Skunkman."
    I don't want to ruin Skunk's rep, but I have to report that he is a very hospitable and generous guy, besides being a super Husker fan.

Yeah, I'm him...
    Horrible news. I loved chatting with him and always held out hope that I would get to meet him at a NU vs. CU game someday. My prayers go out to him and his family.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

Administrator

It was devastating to hear this news. I know that it can't erase his pain that he is feeling right now but I am going to join the list of contributors that is going to help out financially.

The Max family prayers are with Chris and his family.
    "I'm a firm believer in the theory that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don't enjoy." – Jack Nicklaus

Travel Squad

I never agreed much with Ruff Buff, but I am saddened to hear this terrible news. My prayers are with him and his family tonight.

Scout Team
    Terrible news, may God be with him and his kids and may his wife rest in peace...

All American
    Love Ruff Buff!

Prayers for him and his family.
    Riley: Hire a proven OC, and DC. No on the job training.

Coaches who truly coach toughness.

Red Shirt
    He was the most polite Buff fan. Prayers for he and the children!!