Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huskers in Primetime

Huskers in Primetime

YES!!!

Nebraska Huskers ‏@Huskers · 3m
    #Huskers play Miami (9/20) and at Michigan State (10/4) in primetime on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2. #GBR http://bit.ly/1m7v4Iu pic.twitter.com/X02k40mhNT

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlRXSLrCcAEKAQl.jpg

"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan · 3m
    Of the six games announced today, Nebraska is in two of them, Ohio State three, Penn State two.
    "Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan · 3m
    Hey @NateClouse over/under on recruits for the Miami prime time game? My guess is 10 official visitors if not more.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Good to see some night games. Miami at home has the potential to be really big. We've lost 4 of our 6 "marquee" non-conference games under Pelini (lost to VT twice, beat Washington twice, lost to UCLA twice), so it would be nice to make a statement. It's certainly not a make-or-break game, but it's important. With a win over Miami, the Huskers would likely be 5-0 heading into a big showdown with MSU on the road.

If Nebraska manages to start the season 6-0, there's a good chance we'll find our way into the top 10.

ESPN GameDay in Lincoln or East Lansing? It's possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Husker Immortal
    I mentioned in a thread a week or two ago about night games that I thought the Miami and MSU games were real possibilities. The Wisconsin game may be too late in the season for the B1G to allow at night.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Good to see some night games. Miami at home has the potential to be really big. We've lost 4 of our 6 "marquee" non-conference games under Pelini (lost to VT twice, beat Washington twice, lost to UCLA twice), so it would be nice to make a statement. It's certainly not a make-or-break game, but it's important. With a win over Miami, the Huskers would likely be 5-0 heading into a big showdown with MSU on the road.

If Nebraska manages to start the season 6-0, there's a good chance we'll find our way into the top 10.

ESPN GameDay in Lincoln or East Lansing? It's possible.
    It will be interesting to see if both (or neither, or either) team is undefeated heading into the NU-Miami matchup. A loss by either likely leaves them unranked heading into the anticipated showdown. And I suppose neither team is a lock to be in the preseason top 25 (though I think it's a bit more likely the case with Miami being left out).

Miami plays @Louisville first game of the season. Certainly not an easy chore for the Canes.

Nebraska plays @Fresno the week prior to Miami (better not look ahead). That game, as I mentioned quite awhile ago, seems far from a guaranteed win (even with Fresno being without Carr).

Regardless, it will be very cool to see NU-Miami in Lincoln ... in primetime. I hope both teams are undefeated heading into the matchup.

All Big 10
    Gotta beat Miami at home. No reason we can't. This team is experienced enough to perform well that early. If we don't though, my expectation for making the CCG certainly would go down.

Great that it will be a night game. A strong victory would make a statement that we are very close to being ready to make.

Go Big Red!!!
    "It doesn't matter where you start or how people perceive you now or what your potential is. ... It's going to be how this football team comes together and meets the challenges ... I like our potential, but there's a lot of teams that like their potential. It's going to be how we put things together, how we grow and how we come together as a team. It's not going to be the best collection of talent, it's going to be the best team. ...." - Bo Pelini, Big 10 Media Days, 2014

All Legend
    Works for me....now I know a couple of days where races won't conflict with kickoff

Society Crazy Indeed
    They just need to be over by 9pm..
    I'm not this pretty from staying up all hours of the night

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    They just need to be over by 9pm..
    I'm not this pretty from staying up all hours of the night
    yeah, I hate it when the game is over but there is still more than a quarter to play.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis Boyd Redding View Post
    Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan · 3m
    Hey @NateClouse over/under on recruits for the Miami prime time game? My guess is 10 official visitors if not more.
    Gotta be over, right?

I would bet the over, but many of them will already be committed to Nebraska. Who wouldn't want to be at that game?

Also, by that game we may only have a few spots left.

2 guaranteed losses for NU now, prime time night games are Pelini's kryptonite.
    Do not confuse kindness for weakness.

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    2 guaranteed losses for NU now, prime time night games are Pelini's kryptonite.
    Let me tell you how surprised I am to see you emerge from under your bridge to crap in a thread where people are excited and happy about something Husker related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Let me tell you how surprised I am to see you emerge from under your bridge to crap in a thread where people are excited and happy about something Husker related.
    You mean stroll off the golf course to pop open another Corona...
    Do not confuse kindness for weakness.