Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Get tickets for all Husker games here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Huskers in Primetime

  1. #1
    Scout Team Ellis Boyd Redding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Outside the radius
    Posts
    3,260

    Huskers in Primetime

    YES!!!

    Nebraska Huskers ‏@Huskers · 3m
    #Huskers play Miami (9/20) and at Michigan State (10/4) in primetime on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2. #GBR http://bit.ly/1m7v4Iu pic.twitter.com/X02k40mhNT

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlRXSLrCcAEKAQl.jpg


    There is No Place like Nebraska
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgmSeiIBLk&feature=em-subs_digest

  2. #2
    Scout Team Ellis Boyd Redding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Outside the radius
    Posts
    3,260
    Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan · 3m
    Of the six games announced today, Nebraska is in two of them, Ohio State three, Penn State two.
    There is No Place like Nebraska
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgmSeiIBLk&feature=em-subs_digest

  3. #3
    Scout Team Ellis Boyd Redding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Outside the radius
    Posts
    3,260
    Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan · 3m
    Hey @NateClouse over/under on recruits for the Miami prime time game? My guess is 10 official visitors if not more.
    There is No Place like Nebraska
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgmSeiIBLk&feature=em-subs_digest

  4. #4
    Husker Fan
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    43,296
    Good to see some night games. Miami at home has the potential to be really big. We've lost 4 of our 6 "marquee" non-conference games under Pelini (lost to VT twice, beat Washington twice, lost to UCLA twice), so it would be nice to make a statement. It's certainly not a make-or-break game, but it's important. With a win over Miami, the Huskers would likely be 5-0 heading into a big showdown with MSU on the road.

    If Nebraska manages to start the season 6-0, there's a good chance we'll find our way into the top 10.

    ESPN GameDay in Lincoln or East Lansing? It's possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #5
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,349
    I mentioned in a thread a week or two ago about night games that I thought the Miami and MSU games were real possibilities. The Wisconsin game may be too late in the season for the B1G to allow at night.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -- Harriet Beecher Stowe


  6. #6
    Husker Fan
    HuskerWeatherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    49,499
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Good to see some night games. Miami at home has the potential to be really big. We've lost 4 of our 6 "marquee" non-conference games under Pelini (lost to VT twice, beat Washington twice, lost to UCLA twice), so it would be nice to make a statement. It's certainly not a make-or-break game, but it's important. With a win over Miami, the Huskers would likely be 5-0 heading into a big showdown with MSU on the road.

    If Nebraska manages to start the season 6-0, there's a good chance we'll find our way into the top 10.

    ESPN GameDay in Lincoln or East Lansing? It's possible.
    It will be interesting to see if both (or neither, or either) team is undefeated heading into the NU-Miami matchup. A loss by either likely leaves them unranked heading into the anticipated showdown. And I suppose neither team is a lock to be in the preseason top 25 (though I think it's a bit more likely the case with Miami being left out).

    Miami plays @Louisville first game of the season. Certainly not an easy chore for the Canes.

    Nebraska plays @Fresno the week prior to Miami (better not look ahead). That game, as I mentioned quite awhile ago, seems far from a guaranteed win (even with Fresno being without Carr).

    Regardless, it will be very cool to see NU-Miami in Lincoln ... in primetime. I hope both teams are undefeated heading into the matchup.

  7. #7
    All American
    huskernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Enemy stronghold, Colorado
    Posts
    21,239
    Gotta beat Miami at home. No reason we can't. This team is experienced enough to perform well that early. If we don't though, my expectation for making the CCG certainly would go down.

    Great that it will be a night game. A strong victory would make a statement that we are very close to being ready to make.

    Go Big Red!!!

  8. #8
    All Legend
    utsker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    17,441
    Works for me....now I know a couple of days where races won't conflict with kickoff

  9. #9
    Society Crazy Indeed
    Pops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    53,613
    They just need to be over by 9pm..
    I'm not this pretty from staying up all hours of the night





  10. #10
    Husker Immortal
    ThotDoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, Maryland
    Posts
    72,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    They just need to be over by 9pm..
    I'm not this pretty from staying up all hours of the night
    yeah, I hate it when the game is over but there is still more than a quarter to play.
    "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." -- Harriet Beecher Stowe


  11. #11
    Red Shirt blackshirts99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellis Boyd Redding View Post
    Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan · 3m
    Hey @NateClouse over/under on recruits for the Miami prime time game? My guess is 10 official visitors if not more.
    Gotta be over, right?

  12. #12
    Scout Team Ellis Boyd Redding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Outside the radius
    Posts
    3,260
    I would bet the over, but many of them will already be committed to Nebraska. Who wouldn't want to be at that game?

    Also, by that game we may only have a few spots left.
    There is No Place like Nebraska
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSgmSeiIBLk&feature=em-subs_digest

  13. #13
    Recruit OrangeSlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    683
    2 guaranteed losses for NU now, prime time night games are Pelini's kryptonite.
    Do not confuse kindness for weakness.

  14. #14
    Husker Fan
    huskrthill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Posts
    43,296
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    2 guaranteed losses for NU now, prime time night games are Pelini's kryptonite.
    Let me tell you how surprised I am to see you emerge from under your bridge to crap in a thread where people are excited and happy about something Husker related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    Recruit OrangeSlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Let me tell you how surprised I am to see you emerge from under your bridge to crap in a thread where people are excited and happy about something Husker related.
    You mean stroll off the golf course to pop open another Corona...
    Do not confuse kindness for weakness.







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •