Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 144 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

This is a game I'm not sure what to think about.....The media seems to be overwhelmingly in Michigan State's corner and part of me understands why.....however, part of me does not......Sparty's body of work is impressive on the face of it.....and an 8-1 record.....the #1 defense in the country and a team that looks destined to play (most likely) Ohio State in Indianapolis on 7 December......but I for one can't get past the competition they have played.....their SOS is one of the worst in the country.....yet they have dominated defensively against teams they should dominate against and done enough on offense to win all but one game against Notre Dame.....yet I'm still not sold.....

Keys to the game to me for the Huskers are:

Field Position.....will be huge in my opinion......

Turnovers.....try and keep them to a very minimum and force Sparty into making a couple.....

Get off to a fast start......put doubt in their minds.....they have lost the last two games with the Huskers and were pretty much dominated in Lincoln two years ago......thus and early lead could be huge......

Sparty is allowing only 43 yards rushing a game.....IF we can top that in quarter #1 one it will set the trend for the day.......

State is a notoriously slow starting team on offense....this is where the defense can set the tone early and hopefully force them into a turnover or two deep in their own territory.....

The defense has to come out on fire as it did against Michigan and take control and clamp down....make them earn every yard.....and punt a lot......

Abdullah can't carry the team all by himself.....Armstrong and the WRs are going to have to make some plays.....as much we want to establish a running game.....we are going to have to throw some play action and screen passes and even take a shot down field once or twice....as BPG said a few days ago there are some favorable match ups all over the field on both sides of the ball.......

Play loose and have fun....and take the game to them.....

We can win this game.....I expect it to be a close slobber knocker.....but a mistake here and there could turn it into 14-17 point win for either team that capitalizes on it.....thus protecting the ball is huge....

Finally we have a very young QB, young defense and banged up offensive line....it would easy to mail it in and make excuses.....but that's not the moxy of this team the last couple of games....and win or lose tomorrow I expect them to fight hard and give their all.....and that's all I expect.....
    Anyway I'll leave the X's and O's to good folk like SSO.....I think you get my drift....

Game will be on at 2:30 PM CST on ABC or ESPN 2....depending on your location.....the pregame starts at 2 PM on ABC.....

Pregame/game/post game can be heard here starting at 9:30 AM CST:

http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Anyway this should be a very intriguing game.....and may not be pretty to watch but the end result is all that matters.....

I picked the Huskers to win 19-17....which means Pat Smith better be close to perfect tomorrow because a missed FG could be the difference in this game.....

Anyway....see ya'll in the AM....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Oh and home field advantage is huge tomorrow.....if your going be loud and proud all game long....the team will feed off it and you.....

pray for me ;)
    If the Huskers can play a clean game, they have a good shot.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Junior Varsity
    Being the underdog is not a bad thing. I think the guys will get energy off of it.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Recruit
    Living life in the fast lane, while stuck on the on ramp
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    This is a game I'm not sure what to think about.....The media seems to be overwhelmingly in Michigan State's corner and part of me understands why.....however, part of me does not......Sparty's body of work is impressive on the face of it.....and an 8-1 record.....the #1 defense in the country and a team that looks destined to play (most likely) Ohio State in Indianapolis on 7 December......but I for one can't get past the competition they have played.....their SOS is one of the worst in the country.....yet they have dominated defensively against teams they should dominate against and done enough on offense to win all but one game against Notre Dame.....yet I'm still not sold.....

Keys to the game to me for the Huskers are:

Anyway I'll leave the X's and O's to good folk like SSO.....I think you get my drift....

Game will be on at 2:30 PM CST on ABC or ESPN 2....depending on your location.....the pregame starts at 2 PM on ABC.....

Pregame/game/post game can be heard here starting at 9:30 AM CST:

http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Anyway this should be a very intriguing game.....and may not be pretty to watch but the end result is all that matters.....

I picked the Huskers to win 19-17....which means Pat Smith better be close to perfect tomorrow because a missed FG could be the difference in this game.....

Anyway....see ya'll in the AM....
    Great post and I couldn't agree more. GO BIG RED

Husker Immortal
    I am up early since I have to go to work, but I should be home long before the game starts. GBR
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Red Shirt

Go Big Red!

Red Shirt

I hope this wind here in N.E. Kansas isn't up in Lincoln today, but I'm sure it is.

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be a growing energy among the players that wasn't there earlier in the season. I like the HUSKERS chances today to put together a great game on both sides of the ball and come away with the huge win.

Mornin' all.....great day to play a game.....be loud and be proud today....

Heisman
    Stuck at work again for the 3rd week in a row. I'll miss the first half.
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

Scout Team

Nebraska vs Michigan State Game Thread

This has all the feel of a great college football game - conference rivals, title shot at stake, November in the Midwest, and some manly defense on both sides. Hang on to the ball, punt deep and accurately, and get a big special teams play and we can pull this out. Ameer gets 20-25 carries and the receivers come up big today. I can't wait for kickoff!!

Mitch Sherman@mitchsherman Already a big-game feel brewing. Look for a preview video shortly on the @ESPNNebraska blog from this spot. pic.twitter.com/w6TCnsatH9

Recruit
    Loose and FAST! Get after them D!

Double AA, carry us home!