Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 125 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraska vs Michigan Game Thread

Smile Nebraska vs Michigan Game Thread

This is going to be a very interesting game.....two teams who are pretty beat up and both having had issues with young players up to this point....the question will be who can over come their issues and capture a win? Michigan is a 6.5 favorite which essentially is giving them credit for home field advantage and nothing more....very tough place to play....their fan base has a reputation as being one of the nastiest in college football and that could favor Nebraska if the Huskers get off to a quick start and turn them against their own team....Hoke and this team have been taking a lot of flack this year....a quick start for Nebraska is paramount....I can't overstate that....

I honestly don't know which way this game will go.....both teams have their issues and it really comes down to who can arise above them.....for the Huskers to win they have to get off to a good start and run the ball with success......(Ameer Abdullah and the Husker ground game is by the far the best ground game Michigan has faced all season)....if they can do that and set up the play action pass they could pull off a win.....and to do so Armstrong needs to be put in a situation with high percentage passes and a long bomb or two thrown in if the game is going well......Michigan's secondary is giving up 255 passing yards a game second to bottom in the B1G and though it may be tempting to come out throwing the Huskers NEED TO RUN THE BALL....which is our strength and by doing so it will open up the passing game against what has been a porous UM secondary.....

Michigan by all rights should have lost to Akron (3-7) at home earlier this season....and struggled to beat UConn (0-8) on the road....only doing so late in the game.....so this Wolverine team is far from a juggernaut....they can be beaten....but the Huskers will have to play one of, if not their best game of the year to do so....limit turnovers to a very minimum....pressure Gardner all game long....slow down and contain what is an average Wolverine running attack (very unusual for a Michigan team).....in addition, as has been addressed on this forum, they have some big-time issues with their offensive line....and the Huskers not only need to, but have to exploit that on defense......Gregory and Moss/McMullen will be key to the success of the Defense and the CBs have to contain the great WR Gallon as much as possible....

Lot of things have to happen tomorrow to win this game....

Game will be on ABC (National) starting at 2:30 PM CST......

Pregame/game/post game can be heard starting at 09:30 AM CST here: http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Finally need you to treat each other with respect....thus no personal attacks....and please do not try and beat the Word Filter.....makes a lot of work for us as Mods....both during and after the game....so help us out....please....

See y'all in the morning and hears to a Husker win....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    Go Big Red. Knock em and sock em and win it.

Recruit

Let me go on record as saying our defense still scares the Beegeezus out of me.

Junior Varsity
    I agree this game is a big question mark. If the Huskers limit mistakes (not get faked out by motion, limit turnovers), I think they can pull it out. Probably will not be a well-played game on either side, but at this point I'll be delighted with a win, regardless of execution. GBR
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Heisman
    GO BIG RED!!
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

Recruit
    Packing up and heading to AA for tailgating, will do my best to help BR to victory! Hopefully being the underdog will spur us on! GBR

Group B
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityRed View Post
    Packing up and heading to AA for tailgating, will do my best to help BR to victory! Hopefully being the underdog will spur us on! GBR
    lucky dog. My buddy tried to get me to meet him in AA for this game at the beginning of the year. The biggest reason I didn't was it meant me missing potentially the last high school football game of my sons career. Have fun, be safe, GBR!
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

Husker Immortal
    Husker teams went 4 for 4 yesterday. I hope the football team can keep it going.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Scout Team
    Go Big Red. I think if we can stay with them early we have a chance. But if they come out and get us down more than a touchdown it could get ugly.
    Husker follower since 1962

Yeah, I'm him...
    Good morning ladies and gents! I have to work today from 8am until 1pm but plan on locking and loading in the basement for the game. I am going in with measured expectations, I hope we play well and win but emotionally I am preparing for a loss. Hope I am wrong, Go Big Red!!!
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

Mornin' all a beautiful day to play football.....have to take the wife's SUV to get the tires changed in about an hour....front right was in bad condition last night when she came home....not worth taking the chance of a blowout....she had one on a trip through Wyoming in 2007.....not a fun experience with an SUV and a then 12 and 14 year old daughters onboard...

Home Field is the one big advantage Michigan has in this game....and the unknown is how will Tommy Armstrong react in such a hostile atmosphere in front of 100,000 + fans? If TA can manage the game and play to his skills and not turn over the ball 2-3 times then we have a real shot....those are my two biggest concerns this morning as I think about this game....

Few pundits and experts (Huskers included) are giving Nebraska a chance so in that sense the pressure is square on Michigan's back...coming off of a bad loss to Sparty and a home game in front of their rabid fans....another loss and Hoke is going to feel his seat getting even warmer....

Dave Revsine@BTNDaveRevsine #Wolverines and #Huskers is one that revolves around QB play - may simply come down to which QB makes fewer mistakes

They are loose and that's a good sign.....hearing a lot of good things about VV the past few weeks how the light is really starting to come one....

Nebraska Video@NEB_FB_VIDEO The D-Line is ready for the trip to Ann Arbor! #Huskers @ESPNCFB #FridayFocus pic.twitter.com/JZM3kSfWQT

Well hell they had to order the tires...and would you not know I have to take it back at 1PM our time....which means the game will have been on for 30 minutes....unless I can talk the wife into doing it....tires will not be in until 2PM....but they want to get it torn down and have it ready to slam 'em on when they get here....probably should have got my own at SAMS and done....but nearest store is 40 miles away.....

Oh well so be it...