Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nothing to be excited about in that win

Recruit

Nothing to be excited about in that win

Fire Pelini; the sooner he goes the better.

We needed a miracle to beat a Northwestern team that just reeled off 4 losses. Yeah, that's really something to be excited about.

Sad how far we've fallen...

Yep. Forfeit the win. Good call.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
    “Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you.” -- (Benjamin Franklin)

Varsity
    I agree with you.

You have to be happy for the team though. Quite a miraculous finish!

"I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me living testimony of what college football should be all about." - Bobby Bowden

Red Shirt
    The way Nebraska's players were dropping like flies I thought it was a great win. Idiotic post of the year in my book.
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

We needed a miracle to beat a Northwestern team that just reeled off 4 losses. Yeah, that's really something to be excited about.

Oh Get over it. Celebrate the win

Clean it up.

Red Shirt

I'm choosing to live in the moment. When Matt Davison made his catch against Missouri, it was a great moment in college football. Both plays will live on, long after this coach is gone.

You can choose to cry in your beer. Your choice. But sometimes you have to just enjoy what you get.

The kids kept fighting. I thought they looked whipped in the second quarter but they stayed in it. Good for them.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    The way Nebraska's players were dropping like flies I thought it was a great. Idiotic post of the year in my book.
    Idiotic, no. NW is the most injured team in the B1G. The Huskers needed a miracle to win the game. The Huskers have several injured players now. It looks bleak going forward if you factor all that in.

"I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me living testimony of what college football should be all about." - Bobby Bowden

Recruit

back from Sao Paulo, now Tucson and Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

If you can't enjoy a game and a victory like you might want to find something else to do with your Saturdays.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Captkenny View Post
    I'm choosing to live in the moment. When Matt Davison made his catch against Missouri, it was a great moment in college football. Both plays will live on, long after this coach is gone.

You can choose to cry in your beer. Your choice. But sometimes you have to just enjoy what you get.
    We should all enjoy it, and I certainly am. I'm not into the wins and losses so much right now. I'm more concerned about the trends. Is NU trending up?

Scout Team
    Los Angeles, CA (via Omaha and Connecticut)
    I'm really happy for the players, especially Kellogg. I'm going to enjoy this win while I can. Judging by all the red flags, the rest of the season could get ugly.

Red Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Fromunda Cheese View Post
    The way Nebraska's players were dropping like flies I thought it was a great win. Idiotic post of the year in my book.
    "Idiotic" . . . is uncalled for . . . just apologize and move on.

It was a great win for NEBRASKA and a great win for the players . . . and we are excited here in Southern California!!

However, factually . . . for Head Coach Pelini to need a "Hail Mary Pass" with 4 seconds remaining is concerning against a team which has lost 4 in a row . . . has a lot of players hurt, is 4-5 . . . etc. There is merit in the observation but there is excitement for the FANS, the PLAYERS and the TEAM!

I think you should apologize for the term directed at the fellow Husker fan - it is his OPINION.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Husker View Post
    If you can't enjoy a game and a victory like you might want to find something else to do with your Saturdays.
    It's the times we live in. Somehow we lost the game we actually won. Always finding the negatives in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Captkenny View Post

Completely agree