Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roy Helu Gives Top 3 Nebraska RBs of All-Time

Roy Helu Gives Top 3 Nebraska RBs of All-Time

My teammate Roy Helu is on the show today. You guys remember him, don't you?!

From 4thAndPain.com

Roy Helu joined Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker and sports media personality turned weight loss champion Chuck Carroll to talk a little Redskins and Nebraska football.

Interview Time Sheet

On performance against Chicago Bears
    cue to 1:18

Compare the game to a memorable one at Nebraska
    cue to 1:35

How sweet his success is coming off an injury
    cue to 2:57

Style of play lending itself to inside the red zone
    cue to 3:59

Preference in playing hurry up ("Turbo") offense
    cue to 4:49

Observations, impressions on Nebraska this year
    cue to 5:54

Observations, impressions of Ameer Abdullah
    cue to 7:10

Top 3 Nebraska running backs of all-time
    cue to 7:53

Roy asks Adam what male celebrity he would date if he were a woman?
    cue to 8:48
    About 4th & Pain

Washington Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker teams with radio veteran Chuck Carroll to host 4th & Pain -- the only football and pro wrestling show hosted by a NFL player and a former wrestling announcer turned weight loss champion.

The show is heard weekends on 106.7 The FAN in Washington, D.C. as well as online each weekday at 1 p.m. ET on 4thAndPain.com as well as the Layfield Report.

Check out the 4th & Pain pro wrestler interviews archive with Goldberg, Ryback, Jeff Hardy, Titus O'Neil, Miz, Kofi Kingston and more.

Interesting choices for Top 3.....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

For those of you who listen to the Bob and Tom show, they have been having fun all week with Roy's name. One of the people on the show is a huge Redskins fan and he has been saying "Heluuuuu" all week (as in Hellooooo). But they also have talked about his 3 touchdown game and have played radio clips of at least 2 of his TD's last Sunday.

Helu had a heck of a great game against the Bears last weekend. I was rooting for the Bears of course, but I cheered for him every time he got the ball.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

By the way, my top three would have to be Rozier and Green for the top two. The third spot would be pretty tough. I don't want to give it to LP, but I think he probably would have to take the spot.
    "The distinctive mark of the Christian, today more than ever, must be love for the poor, the weak, the suffering." Pope John Paul II

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    By the way, my top three would have to be Rozier and Green for the top two. The third spot would be pretty tough. I don't want to give it to LP, but I think he probably would have to take the spot.
    leave the off field issues alone...let's just decide based on the field MERITS.

Knowledgeable Footbal Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownHusker View Post
    I don't think Roy gave much thought to his answer because as #3 he picked "one of the Heisman winners," and except for the bowl game against Notre Dame, when Johnny played I-Back, only Rozier was a RB.

His choice of Burkhead as #1 was impressive because it tells the kind of respect Rex got from his mates, as well as his completeness as a player.

That being said, how could anyone fairly leave LP out of the top 3?

He contends for the best running back in CFB history. He was in that class as a RB.

pray for me ;)
    Its no coincidence that the best running backs were from teams that had our best offensive lines. Give me a dominating OL and a good running back over a average OL and stud running back any day.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    leave the off field issues alone...let's just decide based on the field MERITS.
    LP's off-field issues kept him from being on the field for half his senior year, so I think they're at least a factor.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cornstarch View Post
    LP's off-field issues kept him from being on the field for half his senior year, so I think they're at least a factor.
    what about other running backs that had injuries...no one is perfect.

Knowledgeable Footbal Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cornstarch View Post
    You mean half of his JUNIOR year. He left without a senior year.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Big Guy View Post
    You mean half of his JUNIOR year. He left without a senior year.
    Correct, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    what about other running backs that had injuries...no one is perfect.
    Well, injuries are a factor too. My ranking would be Rozier, Phillips, Green, but there's a part of me that really wants to put Doug Dubose in third based on what I think he would have done in his senior season. Alas ....

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Big Guy View Post
    I don't think Roy gave much thought to his answer because as #3 he picked "one of the Heisman winners," and except for the bowl game against Notre Dame, when Johnny played I-Back, only Rozier was a RB.

His choice of Burkhead as #1 was impressive because it tells the kind of respect Rex got from his mates, as well as his completeness as a player.

That being said, how could anyone fairly leave LP out of the top 3?

He contends for the best running back in CFB history. He was in that class as a RB.
    Yes, he didn't seem to know the history of RBs at Nebraska very much. Seemed caught off-guard by the question. They also asked for his favorites, not who he thought were the best. Of course he is going to choose guys he knows...he has seen their hard work first-hand.

Scout Team
    Roy needs to brush up on past Husker backs....