Get HuskerMaxô on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Story From The Purdue Game

Story From The Purdue Game

On Facebook, all my friends know me as being such a huge Nebraska fan. I constantly post about all things Nebraska Some have even become annoyed at how "wonderful" Nebraska and its fans are! One of my Facebook friends is a huge Alabama fan that is currently living in NW Indiana. They are currently in the middle of a candy bar fundraiser for the kids school. They decided to make the short drive to West Lafayette this past Saturday and sell candy bars outside the stadium. They wore their Purdue gear in hopes of appealing to the Boilermaker faithful. The following is her private message to me following their experience at that game:

"I now have a new appreciation for Husker fans. We sold candy outside the stadium while wearing our Purdue gear. Most Purdue fans blew us off and didn't give us the time of day. The Husker fans were just absolutely AMAZING. Almost every single Husker fan that passed us, bought a candy bar. We met our sales quota just from Husker fans, and then some. Not only did they buy candy bars from us, but they stopped, spoke to us, spoke to my kids, took an interest in their school and where they were from and what they were studying. It brought me to tears how people 500 miles away would take such an interest in our family selling candy bars. I was just stunned by their kindness and generosity. I have become a Husker fan now and will cheer for them every chance I get. I truly now understand why you love your team so much. Just the best people on earth I've ever been around!"

Well done Husker nation! I am so proud to be a Husker!

Red Shirt
    Great story.
    I am in my own little world but it's okay they know me here.

Junior Varsity
    Nice story thanks for sharing.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

Junior Varsity
    These kind of stories are getting old!!! NOT!!

Thanks
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Scout Team

Great to hear stories like this...99.9% of Nebraska fans are usually really good people. I've seen a few bad ones over the years, but the overall majority are pure class.

Red Shirt
    Continues to make me proud. GBR!!
    IT IS NOT THE WILL TO WIN THAT MATERS - EVERYONE HAS THAT. IT IS THE WILL TO PREPARE TO WIN THAT MATTERS. GO BIG RED!!!!

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedOhio View Post
    Great to hear stories like this...99.9% of Nebraska fans are usually really good people. I've seen a few bad ones over the years, but the overall majority are pure class.
    I would say it is more like 65% and falling with most deaths in the state.

Founding Father
    Quote Originally Posted by PimpMario View Post
    I would say it is more like 65% and falling with most deaths in the state.
    I still believe it's closer to the 99.9%, the problem is the ones that move here from out of state. They find a new team to cheer for but don't know about the "proper fan decorum" that us natives are born with.

Great story RSR, never get tired of reading things like this. BBR

So Nebraskans like candy bars...so what? Kidding, this is pretty cool.

Scout Team

Nice, Cyber !
    Thanks.

Enjoy the Ride
    I moved from Nebraska back in the late 1970's to the Dallas area. I try to get home (North Platte) at least once a year. It is always such a refreshing, enjoyable time. Everyone is friendly. Everyone seems to be willing to take time and talk. Everyone seems to be so much more respectful than the people here in the Dallas area. Nebraskans are truely good people!!

Heisman
    Definitely a feel good story. Thanks for sharing.
    If you continue to have your practices open to the public, donít be surprised if they show up. All of them.

Greatness is made in empty stadiums, but itís revealed in full stadiums.

Recruit
    My group all bought those candy bars, nice family. The candy bars went well with my beverages too! When they approached i gathered everyone to get some, and told the woman to go get more boxes. She happily replied she had brought plenty.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedOhio View Post
    indeed!

Travel Squad

And still some Husker fans insist Nebraska's fans are like all the other fans.

These testimonials just keep coming.