Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positions being advertized by the AD

Positions being advertized by the AD

https://employment.unl.edu/postings/37245

https://employment.unl.edu/postings/37246

Two separate positions. Director of Player Personnel and Director of Recruiting. Change is in the wind.
    "Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

Both salaries starting at $40k. A lot of work for little coin.

Red Shirt
    We definitely need someone who knows how to recruit. While I was impressed with last years class, this years class is a bust so far due to the turmoil surrounding Bo. We need to be pulling more 4-stars and less 3-stars.

All American

Positions being advertized by the AD

Perhaps they are simply adding help for BP.

Look at Sabans model. He has support staff up the wazoo.
    [television commercial] Hi, I'm Ricky Bobby. If you don't cheer for Big Red, then f-*bleep* you.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post

Exactly
    "Anyone with an intense emotional interest in a subject loses the ability to observe it objectively: You selectively perceive events. You ignore data and facts that disagree with your main philosophy. Even your memory works to fool you, as you selectively retain what you believe in, and subtly mask any memories that might conflict."

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Country Doc View Post

That's my guess. But I'm usually wrong. According to my ex wife

Red Shirt
    I'm a little disappointed with the salary of the recruiting coordinator. Bama has Kevin Steele and I can't imagine he's working for $40k a year. I always believe if you're going to do something, do it right.

And I was hoping if this position came to being, it would be a coordinator that could hang on to the recruits we have committed currently if Bo were to be let go.

I **think** Bo said we don't do things like that around here when discussing Alabama's recruiting coordinator in Kevin Steele. Good to see a change in that thinking if he did say that.
    "It's not the recruits that you miss on that hurt. The ones you get and do nothing for five years are the ones that hurt."
    --Gary Barnett

Rollin' Huskers
    Wherever our RV is parked - currently Lincoln Nebraska
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
    That's my guess. But I'm usually wrong. According to my ex wife
    Yeah I was married to her too
    GBR
    Badger by birth - Husker by choice !!!

Husker Immortal
    40K is just to get the conversation started.

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED..CHEESEHED View Post
    Wow, that girl gets around! Pretty sure I was married to her at one time as well!
    "Try not. Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

One of the details in the Director of Recruiting Operations says "Supervise, train, and evaluate Regional Recruiting Assistants."

Do you take that as "we will be hiring several regional recruiting assistants as well" or "supervise the assistant coaches who are in charge of recruiting separate regions"?

I think it is the first, looks like there will be more future job postings and/or applicants from this job could be placed as assistants if they do not get hired as the director.

Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    40K is just to get the conversation started.
    Yep, these will be high paying jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by blackshirts99 View Post
    One of the details in the Director of Recruiting Operations says "Supervise, train, and evaluate Regional Recruiting Assistants."

Do you take that as "we will be hiring several regional recruiting assistants as well" or "supervise the assistant coaches who are in charge of recruiting separate regions"?

I think it is the first, looks like there will be more future job postings and/or applicants from this job could be placed as assistants if they do not get hired as the director.
    A network.

Group B
    Quote Originally Posted by Boro Husker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED..CHEESEHED View Post
    Wow, that girl gets around! Pretty sure I was married to her at one time as well!
    it was my understanding that Jedi were not to marry.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

All American
    THANK YOU! I've been screaming for this for awhile.

But this has to just be the beginning. Hire a more complete staff to aid in these matters.

Also need to increase the recruiting budget and get membership to a private jet company (like NetJets).
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.