Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 76 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraska vs South Dakota State Game Thread

Smile Nebraska vs South Dakota State Game Thread

Should be a fun game....13 native Nebraskan's returning as members of the Jacks....#6 rated 1AA team in the country....coming in at 3-0.....

SDSU will honor Team Jack by wearing hats with the TJ logo....Jack Hoffman's parents are SDSU alum....

The Jacks are tied for the lead in turnovers, at any level, in the country with 12 (9 Ints. and 3 fumbles).....which has greatly aided in two of their wins...they gave up over 500 yards to SE Louisiana and were able to pull out a win because of six turnovers by SE LA....

SDSU has given up an average of an average of 311 yards a game through the air to their opponents in three games...

The Jacks are giving up an average 100 yards a game on the ground....

Thus, SDSU ranks 65th in 1AA in total defense......

They are averaging 41 points a game.....

They have given up 22 points a game....

The have the best RB in 1AA in Zach Zenner who rushed for over 2,000 yards in 2012 as a Sophomore....in three games in 2013 he has 549yards rushing with 296 yards against North Dakota in a 35-27 win.....he has a veteran salty offensive line blocking for him....

Exciting day too as Tommy Armstrong is expected to start at QB....the future on display tomorrow....

Looking for a Husker win against a decent 1AA opponent......

Game will be on BTN and BTN-A and BTN2Go starting at 2:30 PM CDT.....

Pregame/Game/Post Game streaming radio broadcast starts at 9:30 AM CDT here
    : http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

The usual reminders:

1) Please do not try and beat the filter.....

2) Please do not attack other posters in a personal manner....you can attack their posts all you want....not them.....

Thanks and lets go cheer on the Huskers to a win tomorrow....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Junior Varsity

Will be a tough game, IMO. Can't wait to see the backup QB's in action. GO BIG RED!!!

Husker Immortal
    Go Big Red.

FYI....from Sip....

Slow running back Zach Zenner. Don't snicker, Husker fans. The 6-foot, 220-pound Zenner is averaging 180.0 rushing yards to lead all FCS and FBS players. Last season, as a sophomore, he led the FCS with 2,044 rushing yards, including 183 (on 23 carries) at Kansas. His total against KU included a 99-yard touchdown sprint. Nebraska ranks 72nd nationally in rushing defense, allowing 163.7 yards per game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zenner rush for 150 yards. If he gets 200, well, that could spell trouble for NU.

Prediction: Nebraska 38, South Dakota State 21.

I think it will be a relatively close game deep into the second half.

http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...9bb2963f4.html

Red Shirt
    It looks like the fans are ready to pack the stadium and express support for "fxxx-you-fans" Bo... which itself has some merit, I suppose... SOMEone's gotta be classy this season, might as well be the fans.

Coaches may come and go. Husker fans are the best.

Blackshirt
    I'm ready for this *%#&@#&& football game.

Be aware. Fear the rabbit!
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Heisman
    Looking forward to a bounceback game from the Huskers. With all the distractions this week, it will be nice to get back to playing some football.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

Junior Varsity
    I agree, Mr. Leatherneck. I'm more than ready to get back to football. Hope for a strong four-quarter effort, and anticipating good things from the youngster under center.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Husker Immortal
    I'm looking forward to watching the game.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Recruit
    Looking forward to seeing more from Armstrong. Did not get a chance to throw any passes last week, so this could be our first chance to see what kind of arm he has. He looks to be a strong runner. Hopefully the ground game will be enough, but if they load the box you have to have some threat of the pass.

Blackshirt
    College Gameday at Fargo, ND.

Nice change up! Go Bison!
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (28-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Yeah, I'm him...
    Morning boys and girls! Ready for a game today, need some Husker football!!!
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

I have given the rodents that provide the power needed to run the generator which runs my electric radio extra rations so I can listen to the game without interruptions.

towel boy
    My daughter and I decided this morning to head up to Lincoln to see if we can score some cheap tix. We are leaving KC at 10. If anybody knows of a couple tix available pm me in the next hour.

All American

Hey, hey, I finally got the BTN! Will be watching Tommy Armstrong in his first career start. Should be fun but I think fans need to temper their expectation a little bit. There is a saying, "The most popular guy in town is usually the back-up quarterback." Fans always pin a lot of unrealistic hopes on the back up QB. And the flip side is, once that back-up QB finally gets his chance, many times fans will be disappointed and down on that QB no matter how well he does.

That said, I am excited to see what the young man can do. I think it makes a lot of sense to have Kellogg come off the bench as well. If Armstrong struggles, Kellogg is in perfect position to take over the reigns.

Its about time.....

Yup me too I am excited to see Tommy Armstrong also....will bring a whole different dimension to the position....should be lots of fun....

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerInOkieland View Post
    Hey, hey, I finally got the BTN! Will be watching Tommy Armstrong in his first career start. Should be fun but I think fans need to temper their expectation a little bit. There is a saying, "The most popular guy in town is usually the back-up quarterback." Fans always pin a lot of unrealistic hopes on the back up QB. And the flip side is, once that back-up QB finally gets his chance, many times fans will be disappointed and down on that QB no matter how well he does.

That said, I am excited to see what the young man can do. I think it makes a lot of sense to have Kellogg come off the bench as well. If Armstrong struggles, Kellogg is in perfect position to take over the reigns.

Good luck Iggy....getting the tickets and have a great time....

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedIggy View Post
    My daughter and I decided this morning to head up to Lincoln to see if we can score some cheap tix. We are leaving KC at 10. If anybody knows of a couple tix available pm me in the next hour.

pray for me ;)
    I never thought that the SDSU game would have such intrigue.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

You and everyone else....been an interesting week....time to go win a game and move on and win a lot more...

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    I never thought that the SDSU game would have such intrigue.

Make Zenner earn his runs

FYI.....

South Dakota State will come at Nebraska with running back Zach Zenner, who led all of Division I in rushing a year ago. Zenner is not a flashy back, but he'll consistently put SDSU in good situations with 4 to 6 yard runs. It will be important for Nebraska to limit Zenner's runs on early downs and not let him get into a rhythm

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1551682