Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something positive from this game

Administrator

Something positive from this game

Californians for Nebraska raised $7,000 at their two watch sites in Orange County today for the Nick Pasquale Foundation. Nick's father and brother were in attendance at OC Tavern. Below is some of the email that I just received from Mike Zeis who spearheaded the fund raiser. The Pasquale's live very close to Mike in San Clemente.

Photo: Second from left Mel Pasquale (father) right A.J. Pasquale (brother)
    All:
    Besides the final score, CFN had a really successful day. The OC Tavern was packed with about 200+ football fans at 8:31 this morning. The UCLA athletic dept. provided some really great silent auction items including a UCLA helmet in a glass case signed by all of the team captains. Nick Pasquale’s dad attended and gave a very emotional thanks to CFN for pulling together this event at the last minute.

I have to give loads of credit to CFN member Jay Pesicka for having the idea to donate the opportunity drawing proceeds and gathering up many of the items for the raffle and silent auction. It looks like between Danny K’s and the OC Tavern we raised about $7,000 for the Nick Pasquale Foundation.

CFN collected the funds in cash, check and credit card and will make a donation in the total amount to the Nick Pasquale Foundation. The thinking with the Nick Pasquale foundation is that we will make the presentation to them at a San Clemente High football game in the next week or two. I think we should express our thanks to Coach Mora and UCLA for the donated items.

GBR!
    Mike
    "I'm a firm believer in the theory that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don't enjoy." – Jack Nicklaus

#1 Husker Fan
    This is so awesome. RIP Nick.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Travel Squad
    Good stuff. Nice gesture. Way to go Cali Nebraskans.
    "I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me living testimony of what college football should be all about." - Bobby Bowden

That is some really great news.

I used to go to the watch parties at the OC Tavern when I lived at Camp Pendleton about 2 or 3 miles south of there, it's great to see that this was a huge success, even if the game wasn't.

Very nice to see. Thank you for sharing, BRM.

Junior Varsity
    Breaks my heart to see the family. Nice to know the concerns of others are helping them out in this awful time.
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Heisman
    Great job, CFN.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

Husker Immortal
    That is heartwarming and encouraging. Thanks for that David.
    "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less." C. S. Lewis

Red Shirt
    The best news of a dismal afternoon for sure. GBR!
    IT IS NOT THE WILL TO WIN THAT MATERS - EVERYONE HAS THAT. IT IS THE WILL TO PREPARE TO WIN THAT MATTERS. GO BIG RED!!!!

Recruit
    That is something positive indeed. Loved the balloons from the student section before the game too.
    "Welcome to the night train." - Hunter S. Thompson

Positive and bigger than the game itself. As ugly as it was for Husker fans it was still just a game.

RIP Nick and God Bless his family and his teammates during this difficult time.

Husker Immortal
    Outstanding.

Society Crazy Indeed
    Fantastic!!!

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.I wont give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and showed up for all wounded children.

pray for me ;)
    Quality win.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Something positive from this game

I love this. An example of the power that sports can have to make a positive impact in an otherwise tragic situation.

"Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence." 1 Peter 3:15-16 (NRSV)

Recruit
    Absolutely the best way to start the day, seeing this. God bless you Mel, A.J., and the Pasquale family. Thanks David and Mike.

Husker Immortal
    Very nice!

I sure miss CFN. Lived in the Bay Area most of my life. Greatest fans ever.
    GO BIG RED!

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    Beautiful Outstanding God Bless this family. Thank You David.
    "My job as a football coach is to educate and prepare the kids who come into this program for the rest of their life..." Bo Pelini at the Penn State post game press conference Nov. 12 2011

Something you won't see much around the country and it's really a shame. Nice work Husker fans.