Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraska vs UCLA Game Day Thread

Smile Nebraska vs UCLA Game Day Thread

Interesting matchup in the AM....two teams with very young defenses are going to find out just how much progress they have made and how good they are. I'm not certain anyone really knows at this point in time who has the better defense or who has progressed the most this early in the season. I think Nebraska actually having played two games has been a blessing of sorts to work out the kinks from game one to game two. A lot will riding on the backs of a lot of young bucks tomorrow and I just hope the fan base has some patience to let these kids grow and mature regardless of who wins tomorrow....I think the key is to stop the run and get after Hundley for the Huskers.....he was has been sacked 52 times since the start of the 2012 season....which leads 1A football and 26 of those sacks came on blitz's....I would expect a few of those to be dialed up tomorrow.....Randy Gregory and his DE mates are going to get to show their ware tomorrow.....

UCLA is a young team too....they play 14 Freshman and RS-Freshman in their opening victory over Nevada....13 of them played from the 1st quarter on....

My nephew is both a UCLA undergrad and just finished Medical School in Westwood too and is on his internship in San Diego....needless to say he and I have had a few discussions on this game....

REMINDER: No personal attacks OR beating the filter tomorrow in this thread....please help us out because we don't want to be handing out Warnings or Infractions when we want to watch the game.....

The game will be shown on ABC and reverse mirror on ESPN 2....what that means is if you do not get the game on ABC you will get it on ESPN2....it will not be shown on BTN or BTN2Go live.....you can count on replays of this match-up to be shown on BTN and BTN2Go though.....

You can listen to the pregame show.....live game broadcast and post game analysis here starting at 6 AM CDT:

http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Here is to a BIG win tomorrow!
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Fan
    Line has dropped to NU -3. Opened between -4 and -5 -- depending on the book. Climbed as high as -6 in the early going -- but has gone steadily down since.

Saturday will be a fun day.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerWeatherman View Post
    Line has dropped to NU -3. Opened between -4 and -5 -- depending on the book. Climbed as high as -6 in the early going -- but has gone steadily down since.

I was flipping through home game results for Nebraska over the last few years. Our only home blowouts in the Pelini era were 2008 Mizzou (lost 52-17) and 2009 Texas Tech (lost 31-10). So while there isn't much indication that we're going to get beat up in our home stadium...

I just keep replaying that Wisconsin game in my head where we couldn't stop a run up the middle.

This game has me worried.

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by peder View Post
    I was flipping through home game results for Nebraska over the last few years. Our only home blowouts in the Pelini era were 2008 Mizzou (lost 52-17) and 2009 Texas Tech (lost 31-10). So while there isn't much indication that we're going to get beat up in our home stadium...

I just keep replaying that Wisconsin game in my head where we couldn't stop a run up the middle.

This game has me worried.
    That's a good stat. True. We haven't been blown out in Lincoln since 2009. I really have no strong feeling about tomorrow's game. I wouldn't touch it as a bettor -- though I've felt this way about Nebraska games for several years now.

Husker Fan
    I'll say this ... I LOVE that this game is early.

Husker Immortal
    UCLA will be the first ranked non-conference opponent Bo has played in Lincoln. New ground.

Husker Immortal
    Bo is 8-12 against AP ranked teams.

Bo is 8-1 when NU has two rushers over 100 yards.

Husker Immortal
    I'll say this ... I LOVE that this game is early.
    Yeh! At least, we will get the beginning!!

Husker Immortal

Which probably means that a lot of people who are placing bets are taking UCLA and the points.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Recruit
    I let all 5 'a my dollars from last week ride on Big Red. But I bet half a nights sleep, all the energy the mania side 'a my bi-polar condition will muster, and a strong bellowing voice, that I'll for sure LEAVE echoing on Tom Osborne Field, on the Men-N-Black.

Husker Immortal
    Here is the link to the audio. The pre-game show has begun.

http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/p...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Red Shirt

Nebraska vs UCLA Game Day Thread

And the audio is actually working this week!

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerMaestro View Post
    And the audio is actually working this week!
    Well, so far anyway.

Red Shirt

Here we go, 8:15 here now I'm pumped. Go Big Red! Hopefully they can put it all together. I think these young defensive player have a little more swag to them compared to the past, lets roll'em.

Dear Lord,

Please grant Thee an old fashioned Nebraska mudhole stomping... 10 passes and a ground game that rolls the Bruins?? ok please?

Oh, and I'll bring the cheese.... just in case

Husker Immortal
    On the road driving all day. Will be listening on satellite radio.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    Which probably means that a lot of people who are placing bets are taking UCLA and the points.
    Absolutely. You saw a lot of bettors hold out until late to place their bets on UCLA. It's down to NU -2.5 in one book I see now (most still at -3).

Mornin' all.....just rolling out of bed out here in California.....fed the dogs.....beautiful cool morning here....71 degrees....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Group B
    I am intoxicated on hype. I am going to explode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.