Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraska vs Southerm Mississippi Game Thread

Nebraska vs Southerm Mississippi Game Thread

Well here we go with week two.....the Huskers coming off of a 'thrilling' 37-34 win on opening weekend come in with a record of 1-0 against Southern Mississippi who lost a close one to Texas State at home 22-15....six turnovers did them no favors....4 fumbles....none forced and 2 interceptions hurt them....and only being able to run for 23 yards on the ground was problematic too....and as we know our Huskers had their issues on defense that have been well hashed over here in this forum.....

What I hope to see is a young defense that makes that big leap from week one to week two and continues to learn and get better before UCLA comes to town....funny enough I have been reading and listening to all that is Bruin football out here in Southern California and their young secondary is a real concern and they are very worried coming into Lincoln with our WR core.....but more on that next week.....that one should be a humdinger....

Time to go out and win this game convincingly......and have some motivation going into the UCLA game....in a sick sort of way perhaps the result against Wyoming may have been a blessing in disguise....for all the obvious reasons....

Game broadcast is at 5PM CDT on BTN & BTN2G0....weather is supposed to be in the high 90's at kickoff......

You can listen to the pregame and game starting at 12 noon here: http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

More later...
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Immortal
    Thank goodness you finally got this posted. Now I can turn in and get some sleep before the Hawks take on Missouri State.

Red Shirt
    Any predictions on how many pages? I say by the time it is all said and done, 92 pages.

I hope not...

Quote Originally Posted by LAPDHusker View Post
    Any predictions on how many pages? I say by the time it is all said and done, 92 pages.

FYI......not a mobile QB either....

While new quarterback Allan Bridgford threw for 377 yards and a touchdown, the run game was never established as USM could only manage 23 yards on 24 carries.

Nebraska’s rushing attack did the exact opposite, amassing a total of 375 yards last week with two different running backs (Ameer Abdullah and Imani Cross) eclipsing the 100-yard mark.

USM held Texas State to 81 yards on the ground, but those results will be hard to re-create against Nebraska’s deep running back corps.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/a...nclick_check=1

Husker Immortal
    I have to go in to work for a couple of hours this morning, but I should be home long before the game begins.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Heisman
    Got in to Columbus on Thursday and have had a couple of relaxing days. Plan on hitting the U book store before the game as well as seeing Mr. Max and others at the tailgate.

​GO BIG RED!!
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

Nate Clouse@NateClouse #Huskers now have four confirmed official visitors for this weekend: WR Erik Brown (4-star), QB/Ath. Quinton Flowers (4-star), DB Josh Kalu (3-star), RB Madre London (3-star).

Madre London@madrelondon Movie night with the whole Nebraska football team what a good opportunity only one way to say it blessed

Madre London@madrelondon Eating good in this team meal

Okay HUSKERS, come out clicking and firing on all cylinders, take care of business early and often and get the win. It would be nice to see the defense hold Southern Miss scoreless. GO BIG RED,,,,

Yeah, I'm him...
    Morning Gents! I am saddened by the fact that I have company tonight and will not be able to post during the game. I am sure the tears are a flowing. Everyone have a great game day and GO BIG RED!!!!
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Skers4life View Post
    Morning Gents! I am saddened by the fact that I have company tonight and will not be able to post during the game. I am sure the tears are a flowing. Everyone have a great game day and GO BIG RED!!!!
    But what about your witty insights???
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Husker Immortal

Have you ever watched "The Best of Times"? Lot's of good pointers there.

Have a great time with your company, if you get the chance, stop by and say hello in the game chat room.

All American

Here we are in Week 2 and we are already talking about a "wake up call." This is the most concerning aspect to me especially considering that this is such a young team. Makes me wonder about the upper-classman leadership as we have had multiple "wake up calls" in the past three or four years. I think Nebraska will answer the bell on this one and come out and play a good game. My concern is that it is just a matter of time before we are talking about another "wake up call" later on in the year.

But for now, look for a more satisfying game today. I think a lot of players will play and some debuts will happen. Sam Cotton and Jared Afalava are probably not available btw.

I won't be posting much, if at all, throughout the game as I will be at a Husker Watch Party at the Fox and Hound in Oklahoma City. I will be back to post my game thoughts later tonight.

Go HUSKERS!