Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howard Griffith of the BTN talks about who impressed him at Nebraska's practice

Thumbs up Howard Griffith of the BTN talks about who impressed him at Nebraska's practice

FYI....

Loves Gregory.....who does not like this guy.....other than his ex-girlfriend???

Huskers more athletic on defense this year than last year....

Thought Randle looked really good.....

Have a enough of a rotation at DT to put guys out there to be fresh and ready to play....

WR core is as good as there is in the B1G.....

If the O takes care of the ball it will be hard for anyone to stop this offense....

Spread the ball around and take the pressure off of Martinez and thus allow him to make big plays....

Confidence level is high among the players....feel confident they have the right players this year...who although they are young are athletic enough to make the plays on defense out in space this year....
    Much more at the Podcast here:

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...=991&f=1759271

Talked about Penn State having real depth issues after their Top 22 players....

Really likes Northwestern.....but they got get it done....on defense....wants to see them play before he is sold....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Interesting on Penn State....pretty much what I have been saying....sounds like a big drop off to their second and third string guys....the sanctions are going to hurt and by seasons end its going to show with injuries and bumps and bruises...which is why I think we go into their house and beat them....

I also said I though Michigan was overrated and Northwestern underrated....glad we get the 'Cats at home....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Interesting on Penn State....pretty much what I have been saying....sounds like a big drop off to their second and third string guys....the sanctions are going to hurt and by seasons end its going to show with injuries and bumps and bruises...which is why I think we go into their house and beat them....
    Dadgummit! I think it's too late to change my season W-L entry.

Starter
    I would guess recruiting would be an issue for a few years after the scandal. They'll get the players eventually, but the crappy PR has to hurt them for awhile.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

Red Shirt

I also said I though Michigan was overrated and Northwestern underrated....glad we get the 'Cats at home....
    Agree... Michigan will be about as good as they were last year. But I think they will lose 2 games in the league based on their schedule. Northwestern will be very dangerous again, but I just don't see them surviving their schedule.

I could see Michigan losing 3-4 games in the regular season....Notre Dame, Ohio State, Nebraska are going to be real tough....and Northwestern in Evenston is going to be a howler for them....and MSU is always a bard burner....for UM....

Northwestern does have a barn burner schedule...and their defense as Howard said is the HUGE question....

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedOhio View Post
    Agree... Michigan will be about as good as they were last year. But I think they will lose 2 games in the league based on their schedule. Northwestern will be very dangerous again, but I just don't see them surviving their schedule.

It was no surprise......he is just a media guy who is voicing what was an obvious....

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    Dadgummit! I think it's too late to change my season W-L entry.

Red Shirt

If I remember correctly, O'Brien stated that they only have roughly 65 players on scholarship. That has to catch up to them eventually

They had a decent class last year....but you can't live on 15 recruits a year for four years....its going to catch up and with 11 transfers because of the scandal that stresses them even more....last I looked they had 68 guys on scholarship....

Walk-ons are going to have to fill out the holes....

Quote Originally Posted by AzHusker View Post
    I would guess recruiting would be an issue for a few years after the scandal. They'll get the players eventually, but the crappy PR has to hurt them for awhile.

I heard 68....but in either case its not good when you can only take 15 commits this year...

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedOhio View Post
    If I remember correctly, O'Brien stated that they only have roughly 65 players on scholarship. That has to catch up to them eventually

Red Shirt
    I keep getting more and more excited about Thad Randle this year. Hoping he makes it through healthy.

I think most of the media know our LB core will be faster and more athletic this year, but returning zero starters it's a little hard for them to commit and say they will be better. I'm with them. I am excited about the LB play this year, but I want to see them on the field first.

Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by AzHusker View Post
    They aren't recruiting badly this year, just very limited in their total numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by davidadurNU View Post
    I keep getting more and more excited about Thad Randle this year. Hoping he makes it through healthy.

I think most of the media know our LB core will be faster and more athletic this year, but returning zero starters it's a little hard for them to commit and say they will be better. I'm with them. I am excited about the LB play this year, but I want to see them on the field first.
    I agree. Randle needs big props for hanging in there and playing injured. Takes a lot of toughness to play through the pain like he has. Seemed like he was always slow to get up or being helped off the field and would then return a few plays later or the next game. Tougher than most realize. Especially tough to stay motivated and keep a positive attitude.

Randle said this has been the first time he has truly been healthy since 2010.....