Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Huskers Snubbed in SI Top 25

Huskers Snubbed in SI Top 25

I know pre-season polls mean little, but I was still sort of shocked when SI left the Huskers off their 2013 Pre-Season Top 25. Article doesn't explain how the rankings were determined, but I have to imagine a fair amount of alcohol and possibly other inebriants were consumed before they reached the last half. Michigan State, Michigan and Northwestern are all ranked as is Northern Illinois and Vandie. Fuel for the fire or just complete BS?
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...1_a2&eref=sihp

They left Oklahoma State off of it too...and they are the favorite to win the Big 12....me thinks somebody needs to pull this down and fix it....

OSU is 14th in the Coaches Poll....highest ranked Big 12 team....

And Texas at #11 is a complete joke....

I could go on....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Recruit

Must be the poll for trolls..huh RR ?

Wow. They must have been looking at photos from the next swimsuit edition and just pulled names out of a hat because this is certainly not an informed opinion.

Yeah when I first saw it I thought my good pal jmatlock must have written this one....

How you doing my good friend? Still hot down their in Mississippi?

Quote Originally Posted by jmatlock View Post
    Must be the poll for trolls..huh RR ?

Your being nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    Interesting poll to say the least.

Interesting poll to say the least.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    They left Oklahoma State off of it too...and they are the favorite to win the Big 12....me thinks somebody needs to pull this down and fix it....

OSU is 14th in the Coaches Poll....highest ranked Big 12 team....

And Texas at #11 is a complete joke....

I could go on....
    The same coaches that put alex henery 2nd team Big 12?? OSU is overranked as most of the Big 12 teams .
    Anthons also ranked texas as the 3rd best running team this year. Total joke, texas is a 5/6 loss team .

Group B
    They obviously are not serious about covering college football and this was just their way of putting something out there to say they did. To leave OSU and NU out is a joke. Nebraska could have a bad year and lose 3 games pre bowl game and still be in the top 25.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

OSU is going to be very good this year....loaded team.....

Quote Originally Posted by hskrncibolo View Post
    The same coaches that put alex henery 2nd team Big 12?? OSU is overranked as most of the Big 12 teams .
    Anthons also ranked texas as the 3rd best running team this year. Total joke, texas is a 5/6 loss team .

And Michigan State ranked 15th? Seriously?

SI is going to take a beating for this....shoddy at best...awful at worst...

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan @HuskerExtraBC Lol! Arizona. That is crazy Nebraska is not in there. It's the only preseason poll I haven't seen them ranked.

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH Nebraska doesn't make SI's Top 25 poll: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130814/sports-illustrated-preseason-top-25/ … Michigan St and NW -- two teams NU beat on the road -- do.

Brian Christopherson@HuskerExtraBC SI says Ohio State at 4, Michigan State at 15, Michigan at 18, UCLA at 21, Northwestern at 22.

Red Shirt

I'm very happy that we aren't getting a lot of preseason hype this year. The national media has kept us in the background for the most part. No pressure on our team will be a nice change and could help them relax in the big games.

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yeah when I first saw it I thought my good pal jmatlock must have written this one....

How you doing my good friend? Still hot down their in Mississippi?
    Now pal even Im not that bad Actually a cool day high only 80..we are enjoying it while it lasts