Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Jacobson on USC sets the record straight--MUST LISTEN/READ--My notes

Exclamation Mike Jacobson on USC sets the record straight--MUST LISTEN/READ--My notes

FYI.....sure looks like a hit piece by Eric Olson....

Jacobson said Olson approached him....called and he was driving at the time....and Olson asked Jacobson did he think Bo was on the clock....and Jacobsen said any coach when they are hired is on the clock until they prove themselves...so he went on to tell him he didn't think he was on the hot seat anymore than he was the past few years...or that he is in any jeopardy....AND IN FACT THE PROGRAM HAS DEVELOPED TREMENDOUSLY UNDER BO PELINI's LEADERSHIP....

Eric Olson called Mr. Jacobson in the last week....for the interview....

Olson the hosts said tried to contact six boosters and only Jacobson was willing to go on the record....

Mr. Jacobson got the sense early on that Olson was going to write a negative story....and he said he probably should have just hung up the phone....they were having a casual conversation about the program and that Olson would have to admit that Jacobsen is a believer in the program....and to change the coach at this point would be very detrimental.....and that Bo was the right guy to lead the program....he told Olson that the blowout losses and draft status of the players to the NFL were not good....BUT he has won almost 10 games a year with a talent pool that was not great....that they were able to do as well as they did says how good of a coach Bo is....with that said he is very excited about what is coming up....with the Frosh and Sophomores....he thinks Bo is getting his mojo as relates to recruiting.....and he thinks the offense is going to be phenomenal...and if the D is a bit less as good then defense is the place to have it as there is probably not a better D mind in the country then Bo....thinks he has built a good coaching staff....and we could really have a great season this year....and could be the breakout season we need....Bo had a big job when he came here and if he were to rate him he would give him an 'A'......given what he inherited and where he is trying to take the program....

Context of the questions he was asked and the way Olson used the quotes was taken out of context....

Bottom line is Bo Pelini is the right guy....

Had an e-mail conversation with Olson, since it was published, and told him he was disappointed that the article did not have the rest of the context of what he said....because he felt that Olson took his comments out of context....Olson told him he was standing by his story once he knew Jacobsen was going to be on USC and that Jacobsen needed to do what he needed to do....and he understood Jacobsen might have a different view...

Also denied what Eric Olson said earlier today on 1620 that he stood by what Olson wrote....Olson sounded very nervous in the clip that was played......Jacobson when he finally got to read the article said it was NOT the context of the conversation he had with Olson...e-mailed Olson back and told him he was concerned about the context of how the article read...and the article makes it sound like that he is a Husker basher....and he is one of the biggest fans out there....was a supporter of hiring Bo Pelini and a supporter of keeping Bo Pelini....and is disappointed that the comments he made that were positive about the program were not included in the article....

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...=991&f=1726341
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Jacobsen came across as very credible to me....

We will never really know the true story....but Jacobsen is pushing back hard...as is to be expected....

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    If we've learned anything on Huskermax over the past 2 days, it's that cops and sports writers abuse their power regularly.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

The podcast runs about 14 minutes with Mr. Jacobson....the rest is filler...if you choose to listen and I highly encourage you to do so....

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Jacobsen came across as very credible to me....
    Agreed, now a non story that the fans of the program do not need to hash over again and again. Move on.

I guess you could say that about all kinds of professions....

Its up to the individual and how much integrity they have....good folk in all professions....

Quote Originally Posted by jikastew View Post
    If we've learned anything on Huskermax over the past 2 days, it's that cops and sports writers abuse their power regularly.

I agree....time to play football and get the monitor back where it belongs on the team and the 2013 season....

Quote Originally Posted by AnnArborHusker View Post
    Agreed, now a non story that the fans of the program do not need to hash over again and again. Move on.

Gunga galunga. Gunga....
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    I guess you could say that about all kinds of professions....

Its up to the individual and how much integrity they have....good folk in all professions....
    It's laughable. This clown wrote a hack job article and just got called out in front of everyone. Sucks to be him.
    Nebraska fans, this is called someone in your conference having your back…welcome to the Big Ten. - HawkeyeNation

Sure looks that way.....

It's laughable. This clown wrote a hack job article and just got called out in front of everyone. Sucks to be him.

Administrator

Yeah but the real question now is will Yueling let him have a Yuengling beer at the Husker Max tailgate.

I'm taking EVERY penny I have out of Mr. Jacobson's bank and if he shows up at the Wyoming HuskerMax tailgate....NO YUENGLING FOR YOU!
    "I'm a firm believer in the theory that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don't enjoy." – Jack Nicklaus

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedMax View Post
    Yeah but the real question now is will Yueling let him have a Yuengling beer at the Husker Max tailgate.

Heisman
    Its good that Jacobson cleared the air so that now everyone can get back to the upcoming season.
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

Scout Team
    I'm curious if this is something Eric Olsen would normally write? In the past he's seemed fair but pretty tough.
    Apparently I need to get a new sig line.

Agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by USMC_BugEater View Post
    Its good that Jacobson cleared the air so that now everyone can get back to the upcoming season.

Red Shirt

Anyone who has any experience talking to the press knows this all to well. One has to be very careful, and often the smartest thing to do is have prepared comments, or no comments at all.

Most writers start with a conclusion before conducting the interview, and just looking for a few lines to support their thesis.
    "RESPECT THE GAME" Ameer Abdullah post game comments 9/6/2014