Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NINE SOLID REASONS WHY THE DETROIT BANKRUPTCY IS A SCAM

Heisman

NINE SOLID REASONS WHY THE DETROIT BANKRUPTCY IS A SCAM

I have always been of the mindset that Detroit would be an entrepreneur's Holy Grail and the city managers trail to bankruptcy was a bunch of tommyrot humbuggery.

http://thebigslice.org/eight-reasons...tcy-is-a-scam/
    ​le veau d'or

Blackshirt

Quote Originally Posted by SamBass View Post
    I have always been of the mindset that Detroit would be an entrepreneur's Holy Grail and the city managers trail to bankruptcy was a bunch of tommyrot humbuggery.

http://thebigslice.org/eight-reasons...tcy-is-a-scam/
    Now wait just a darn minute here. Where do you get off presenting these facts? It was democratic mismanagement and those debil unions that caused the downfall of Detroit don't you know.
    I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man that had no feet.

pray for me ;)
    I blame this guy:

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Travel Squad
    This was particularly interesting:

2. Detroit’s city manager, Kevyn Orr, is a bankruptcy attorney. The first bill paid during the drawdown to the bankruptcy process was $1.4 million to Orr’s former law firm.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Scout Team

NINE SOLID REASONS WHY THE DETROIT BANKRUPTCY IS A SCAM

Should have just wrote "please ignore the past 60 years of governing decisions by democrats the past month is the reason Detroit is in this position". Oh and #5 I hilarious, yes having the population of your city living in hotels is a sign of a booming economy.

Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post

2. Detroit’s city manager, Kevyn Orr, is a bankruptcy attorney. The first bill paid during the drawdown to the bankruptcy process was $1.4 million to Orr’s former law firm.
    If you had a $1.4 million dollar tab on the table for a customer and they were filing bankruptcy wouldn't you do what you could to get paid? That kind of money can put people out of business in a hurry.

All American
    Number nine......The Feds could bail out Detroit........
    You never stand so tall as when you kneel to help a child.

All Big 10
    Yes the fact that the city doesn't have a tax base anymore to support its budget let alone its pension obligation should totally be ignored because that isn't really important fact to consider. No it has to be some big evil Republican conspiracy behind it.
    I am Fred Lawrence Anderson and I approve this post.

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    .....a rising GDP is another indication of better times to come.
    Straight out of the Obama playbook talking points. They've been borrowing a million dollars a year since 2008. They have over $19 billion in obligations they have no chance of meeting. But there are "better times to come." Let's prop them up and continue bleeding cash. Dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Sonny once again proving that he is the biggest piece of ******** on Huskermax. Congrats on earning this title, sir.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+leaves+office

Scout Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    I wasn't really impressed by the other points in the article, but this one has the potential to be a huge conflict of interest. It definitely warrants scrutiny.

Antediluvian Abrasiveness
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    I wasn't really impressed by the other points in the article, but this one has the potential to be a huge conflict of interest. It definitely warrants scrutiny.
    Now wait just a darn minute here. Where do you get off dismissing the other eight facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Sonny once again proving that he is the biggest piece of ******** on Huskermax. Congrats on earning this title, sir.
    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...+leaves+office

pray for me ;)
    @
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Junior Varsity
    lol.....
    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
    Samuel Adams

Scout Team
    where in the article does it mention how Detroit got into its current situation??? Detroit is a democratic failure. One solid fact overlooked by the author.

Hmmm..."Detroit’s city manager, Kevyn Orr, is a bankruptcy attorney. The first bill paid during the drawdown to the bankruptcy process was $1.4 million to Orr’s former law firm."

Wait a minute, isn't that how Detroit got into trouble in the first place? I'm just making an educated guess, but I suspect that Mr. Orr is a Democrat...