Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Cleats:

  1. #1
    ToungeInCheek since 2010
    Native's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    1,969

    Cleats:

    No koozies for you. - BigRedMax
    I'm the one guy who says don’t force the stupid people to be quiet — I want to know who the morons are. - Mark Cuban

  2. #2
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,581
    Pic:


    I think they're cool. I like that the jersey patch is replicated on the ankle.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  3. #3
    All American
    HuskerNCorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    23,236
    2 thumbs up from me!
    N Riley I trust

    "No one in CFB I'd trust more with my son in his program than new NEB Coach Mike Riley." Brock Huard

  4. #4
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    221
    I think they are pretty cool. I do have a concern that this is a speck of marketing genious. Adidas knows that Nebraska is entrenched in tradition and will not easily buy into multiple uniform looks. I think they are making the small changes but will eventually make more dramatic changes to the overall appearance. I am not completely old school, in fact I am one of the few that liked the concept of an alternate uniform game, but I definately do not think I am ready for an Oregon or Oklahoma State uniform transition.
    I'm Not Loud; I Just Want To Be Heard!!

  5. #5
    Red Shirt
    BigRed Mosquito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    the 'Burbs of KC
    Posts
    1,555
    I like them, just wish they were red and black!

  6. #6
    Cake or Death?
    The Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    still in ********** Texas via Alliance
    Posts
    7,569
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFA View Post
    I think they are pretty cool. I do have a concern that this is a speck of marketing genious. Adidas knows that Nebraska is entrenched in tradition and will not easily buy into multiple uniform looks. I think they are making the small changes but will eventually make more dramatic changes to the overall appearance. I am not completely old school, in fact I am one of the few that liked the concept of an alternate uniform game, but I definately do not think I am ready for an Oregon or Oklahoma State uniform transition.
    Adidas doesn't dictate to NU what their uniforms will look like. Quite the opposite.

    On a side note. Has anyone heard if there will be an alternate uniform game this year??

    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard



  7. #7
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Adidas doesn't dictate to NU what their uniforms will look like. Quite the opposite.

    On a side note. Has anyone heard if there will be an alternate uniform game this year??
    Knowing Nebraska, no.

    But I would enjoy seeing one again. In retrospect, the alternates for the Wisconsin game weren't really as terrible as most people thought. Bo kept his job, the corn actually ripened and the sun still rose in the east.
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.


  8. #8
    Cake or Death?
    The Impaler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    still in ********** Texas via Alliance
    Posts
    7,569
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    Knowing Nebraska, no.

    But I would enjoy seeing one again. In retrospect, the alternates for the Wisconsin game weren't really as terrible as most people thought. Bo kept his job, the corn actually ripened and the sun still rose in the east.

    "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)" - Eddie Izzard



  9. #9
    pray for me ;)
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    51,678
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Classic.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

  10. #10
    All Legend
    Greatest Fan of All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Multiple (Omaha, Las Vegas)
    Posts
    16,370
    They look great!
    GFOA December 2014:
    “Nebraska's back, and we're here to stay! "



  11. #11
    pray for me ;)
    ColoREDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver 'burbs
    Posts
    51,678
    I think they look awful other than the winning tradition logo but they don't really bother me as I am not wearing them.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

  12. #12
    Scout Team
    HZKRFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE: Husker Ground Zero!
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed Mosquito View Post
    I like them, just wish they were red and black!
    My thoughts too

  13. #13
    Guest
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impaler View Post
    Adidas doesn't dictate to NU what their uniforms will look like. Quite the opposite.

    On a side note. Has anyone heard if there will be an alternate uniform game this year??
    Last year the alternative uni's were announced sometime in mid-late July I think. So we won't know for a few more weeks I would think

  14. #14
    Red Shirt

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Katy, Texas west of Houston
    Posts
    2,545
    If the athletes like them that's really all that matters. Not going to be watching their shoes during a game, but rather what they do with them once they're in them. If the athletes want occasional alternative uniforms, it is fine with me.

  15. #15
    Scout Team
    DuckTownHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    4,581
    Quote Originally Posted by KTexUNLfan View Post
    If the athletes like them that's really all that matters. Not going to be watching their shoes during a game, but rather what they do with them once they're in them. If the athletes want occasional alternative uniforms, it is fine with me.
    +1.

    Even further, I feel the same way about alternate uniforms. As long as they're red and white (and yes, even black).
    5 National Titles. 9 Undefeated Seasons. 50 Bowl Appearances. 43 Conference Championships. 10 Division Titles.

    3 Heisman Winners. 54 Consensus All-Americans. 28 Major Award Winners. 23 College Football Hall of Famers.

    There is No Place Like Nebraska.








Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •