Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Let's Turn the Jack Hoffman Card problem into a Positive

  1. #1
    Red Shirt
    huskheartguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vernon Hills, IL
    Posts
    1,983

    Let's Turn the Jack Hoffman Card problem into a Positive

    For those who haven't heard the winning bidder of Jack Hoffman's card is refusing to pay. The full story is here http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/05/...d-goes-unpaid/

    However, I think we all can get behind Jack and let him know that many people care about him and are behind him, despite the act of one selfish person. I have created a blog with direct links and instructions for donating to "Team Jack" to fulfill this "bid". Thanks everyone and lets show Jack what being a part of the Husker Nation is truly about!!!

    Here is a link to the blog with links to give!!!

    http://www.jackhoffmantradingcard.blogspot.com/
    I am nothing without the grace of God

  2. #2
    This just goes to show you how amazingly horrible people can be. I just got confirmation my (non-autographed) card is shipped!

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    115,168
    I belong to Beckett and saw that story as I sell sports cards on EBAY....not cool at all...about as low as you can get....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  4. #4
    Scout Team

    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    4,963
    Very cool thing you did here, I just donated, thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by huskheartguy View Post
    For those who haven't heard the winning bidder of Jack Hoffman's card is refusing to pay. The full story is here http://www.beckett.com/news/2013/05/...d-goes-unpaid/

    However, I think we all can get behind Jack and let him know that many people care about him and are behind him, despite the act of one selfish person. I have created a blog with direct links and instructions for donating to "Team Jack" to fulfill this "bid". Thanks everyone and lets show Jack what being a part of the Husker Nation is truly about!!!

    Here is a link to the blog with links to give!!!

    http://www.jackhoffmantradingcard.blogspot.com/

  5. #5
    Red Shirt
    huskheartguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vernon Hills, IL
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by OPHusker View Post
    Very cool thing you did here, I just donated, thanks
    Thanks. I just finished my donation as well
    I am nothing without the grace of God

  6. #6
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    194
    I got my non autographed card in the mail yesterday. It even comes in a plastic card protector. How awesome is that? I am hoping that lil Jack has an autograph session .
    I'm Not Loud; I Just Want To Be Heard!!

  7. #7
    Husker Immortal
    CombatTargeteer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    108,045
    Why wouldn't the next highest bidder (and so on) get to buy it?

  8. #8
    Red Shirt
    huskheartguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vernon Hills, IL
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by CombatTargeteer View Post
    Why wouldn't the next highest bidder (and so on) get to buy it?
    They can't get in touch with them and/or they don't want it
    I am nothing without the grace of God

  9. #9
    Recruit

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    577
    Thanks for bringing this to light. I donated also. Hope we can collectively top the original offer.

  10. #10
    Red Shirt
    huskheartguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vernon Hills, IL
    Posts
    1,983
    Don't forget to post it to Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc
    I am nothing without the grace of God

  11. #11
    Recruit
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    20
    Donated!!! Definitely post this as many places as you can. Glad someone is trying to turn this into a positive.

  12. #12
    Heisman
    USMC_BugEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    31,860
    N
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

  13. #13
    Recruit
    Red Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    200
    Got my card last Friday. My son in law (the Iowa fan) was so impressed, he ordered one.
    The Last Knot-Holer

  14. #14
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    102,449
    Well, I received my package from Team Jack! Wow, great looking card!! Will enjoy wearing the hat and shirts, and getting responses. I'll be sure to send them to Team Jack's web site.

    I cannot believe that!!! In any case, I will help defray, also. Will do it now.

    Again, what a wonderful project, hoping to cure cancer in children. Hopefully, one day, all cancers will not exist.

    Again, good luck, Jack! We all love you, and we wish you well.


  15. #15
    Husker Immortal
    CrnhskrBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    102,449
    I'm N! Just finished making a donation to Jack's fund.









Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •