Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ten announces 2014 conference schedules.

Red Shirt

Big Ten announces 2014 conference schedules.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footb...051613aab.html

Just a heads up. Just announced!
    No east coast trips the first year...

Travel Squad

Not too bad of a schedule actually. But, I will say, it looks like they put all of the toughest games on the road.

Red Shirt
    It's really a bummer I was hoping I could hit a close road game but it's sad that Michigan State is the farthest east we'll be going. Is it safe to assume we will be @Rutgers and Home vs Michigan state in 2015 or are these all not home and homes?

Junior Varsity
    What a pathetic schedule. Open with an FCS team followed by one of the 10 worst FBS teams in the country. No Michigan. No Ohio State. No Penn State. We might play 2 ranked teams all season. I'm going to get a lot of yard work done in the fall of 2014.
    ~Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.~
    J. Lebowski

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red Lebowski View Post
    What a pathetic schedule. Open with an FCS team followed by one of the 10 worst FBS teams in the country. No Michigan. No Ohio State. No Penn State. We might play 2 ranked teams all season. I'm going to get a lot of yard work done in the fall of 2014.
    I don't know - the first two games are really weak, although with Carl being there, the first game has some interest. After that it's fairly interesting even without Mich, OSU and Penn State. This may give a young team, led by an young QB, time to get ready for the CCG and the Bowl game.

I kind of see this as a make-up schedule for the schedule the B1G handed us in 2011 and 2012.

Husker Immortal
    Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Minnesota at home...........MSU, NW, Wisky and Iowa on the road.
    "According to a Gallup poll, President Obama's approval rating has dropped to 45 percent. Luckily for Obama, he has 'impeachment insurance.' It's called 'Joe Biden.'" –Jay Leno

Red Shirt
    Looks like Maryland and Rutgers are getting the 'Welcome to the B1G' schedule.

What's up with the two byes during the conference schedule? Is that some quirk in the 2014 calendar?

Home schedule looks pretty meager, but that was inevitable with how the divisions were laid out.

Travel Squad
    They'll be moving to nine games pretty quickly, so the open dates will get filled in the future.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskerpilk View Post
    Looks like Maryland and Rutgers are getting the 'Welcome to the B1G' schedule.
    Pisses me off. That should be our schedule. We bring in two also-rans to the league to make cable money and let them play 4 of the top 10 winningest programs in history.
    J. Lebowski

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by LincolnshireHusker View Post
    I don't know - the first two games are really weak, although with Carl being there, the first game has some interest. After that it's fairly interesting even without Mich, OSU and Penn State. This may give a young team, led by an young QB, time to get ready for the CCG and the Bowl game.

I kind of see this as a make-up schedule for the schedule the B1G handed us in 2011 and 2012.
    The 2011 and 2012 schedules were awesome. Great games to look foward to almost every Saturday, many of them on national TV in prime time.
    J. Lebowski

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    What's up with the two byes during the conference schedule? Is that some quirk in the 2014 calendar?

Home schedule looks pretty meager, but that was inevitable with how the divisions were laid out.
    Yeah, but the SEC plays FBS scools late in the year, so.....

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Weinosker View Post
    Not too bad of a schedule actually. But, I will say, it looks like they put all of the toughest games on the road.
    But we have 2 weeks to prepare for the top 2 games...how'd we rate that?

Junior Varsity

Meager is an understatement. Other than hosting the Canes for the first time since the '70s, this is a snoozefest:

Florida Atlantic
    McNeese
    State
    Miami
    Illinois
    Rutgers
    Purdue
    Minnesota

I hope Delaney makes good on parity scheduling when the league goes to 9 games in 2016. Either that, or Nebraska better be very good. If we go 9-3 against that type of schedule routinely, the sellout streak will be in serious jeopardy. Folks aren't going to cough up thousands in donations to play the league's second tier 4 years out of 5.
    J. Lebowski

They talked about it last week...said it would be part of the schedules....

Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Red Shirt
    We also have two bye weeks this year (before ILL and before MINN). This has nothing to do with 9 game schedules or 8 game conference schedules. That change will be in the order of dropping a non-con game... obviously.

There are two bye weeks because of the way the start of NCAAF starts. It's sort of rare, but here is some more info from the B1G bloggers last year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...-bye-is-coming

"Every Big Ten team -- every FBS team for that matter -- will have two open weeks during the 2013 season. The same holds true in 2014. The NCAA allows for an extra week in the college football season whenever Aug. 30 or Aug. 31 falls on a Saturday. Most FBS teams will kick off the 2013 season on Saturday, Aug. 31 and will start the 2014 campaign on Saturday, Aug. 30.

The double-bye last surfaced in 2008, but its impact was minimal in the Big Ten because the league wrapped up regular-season play before Thanksgiving, so the Saturday after Turkey Day served as the second open week for all 11 teams. The Big Ten also didn't have a championship game until the 2011 season."

Ayyy!
    Approximately 41° 12' 19" N, 96° 9' 29" W
    Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, and Minnesota at home...........MSU, NW, Wisky and Iowa on the road.
    Ouch. If 2013 doesn't go well for some reason, could the sellout streak be in jeopardy? That's a pretty bland, boring home schedule.

That will never happen.... (i.e. 2004 & 2007)

I'll buy anyone's' tickets who does not want them....

I don't' care who we play just win baby....

Quote Originally Posted by huskrthill View Post
    Ouch. If 2013 doesn't go well for some reason, could the sellout streak be in jeopardy? That's a pretty bland, boring home schedule.

Rollin' Huskers
    Wherever our RV is parked - currently Lincoln Nebraska
    Do you think they will charge me less for tickets that year......what a yawner of a home schedule
    GBR
    Badger by birth - Husker by choice !!!

Oh and with a new Quarterback (Stanton or Armstrong) this is the prefect schedule in 2014 in that regard...