Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Lindsey Moore joins Burkhead and Suh on the Team Jack All-Star Team

Administrator

Lindsey Moore joins Burkhead and Suh on the Team Jack All-Star Team

From the press release today (5/6/13):

ATKINSON, NEBRASKA – The Team Jack Foundation is excited to announce that All-American former Husker point guard Lindsey Moore has joined the Team Jack All-Star Team. Lindsey was recently drafted in the first round of the WNBA Draft by the Minnesota Lynx. Lindsey was also voted to Nebraska’s Prestigious All-Devaney Team as one of the top five players in the history of the program in 2013.

“We are so incredibly thankful to Lindsey Moore for lending her support in our fight against pediatric brain cancer,” said Andy Hoffman, of the Team Jack Foundation. “To receive the support of an athlete of Lindsey Moore’s magnitude is gigantic to our goal of raising funds for research and national awareness for pediatric brain cancer. Our heart overflows with gratitude for Lindsey’s involvement.”

The Team Jack All-Star Team was recently started by the Team Jack Foundation as an opportunity for professional athletes and Husker celebrities to get involved with helping raise money and awareness for pediatric brain cancer. Moore is the second athlete in an as many weeks to be announced by the Foundation for the new promotional program. Last week the Foundation announced the involvement of NFL standout and former Husker great Ndamukong Suh.

“It is exciting to get to be involved with something that Mr. Suh is involved in. He is such a hard worker and means so much to Nebraska,” said Lindsey Moore.

Moore was further drawn to the Team Jack Foundation thanks to Mr. Burkhead’s involvement.

“Rex is such a great guy. He cared a lot about Jack,” Said Moore. “I have so much respect for Rex. Knowing that he was such a big advocate for Team Jack and pediatric brain cancer, I wanted to be a part of it.”

The Team Jack Foundation is offering a full-line of brain tumor awareness t-shirts at various stores across the state and online at www.TeamJackFoundation.org.

Lindsey Moore's t-shirt can be purchased here: http://teamjack.ideal-stores.com/shopexd.asp?id=31989

"I'm a firm believer in the theory that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don't enjoy." – Jack Nicklaus

#1 Husker Fan
    This is awesome! Thanks for posting. Very proud of Lindsey!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Administrator

Here's an article about Lindsey graduating before heading to the WNBA on Huskers.com.
    "I'm a firm believer in the theory that people only do their best at things they truly enjoy. It is difficult to excel at something you don't enjoy." – Jack Nicklaus

She's a class individual lending support to a class organization.
    The Last Knot-Holer