Get HuskerMaxô on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Rivals ranks Sade

Rivals ranks Sade

A 5.4.....2**.....LOL....these guys have no clue how to rank a kicker....this kid is acknowledged, across the board, as one of the top two or three kickers in the country....

I heard one of their "experts", on the radio a few weeks back, who admitted they didn't really have a clue how to rate kickers....when Nik committed to us....

Hey if he kicks like we expect him to....who cares....

Raleigh, N.C. kicker Niklas Sade - considered one of the nationís best high school all-around kicking talents.

Sade is ranked the nationís No. 2 kicker prospect by professional kicking instructor Chris Sailer, a former two-time All-American punter and kicker at UCLA. Sailerís top prospect, Andre Heidari, also had an offer from NU, but has committed to USC.
    http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews.../4c2bcc262f398
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Heisman

They never rate a kicker higher than a 3* 5.5....kickers should not even count in the rankings or average star.

Yeah I know....because as the fellow admitted on the radio, they don't have an expert who can really rate kickers....

Agree they shouldn't count...few schools give scholarships to kickers anyway....thus through no fault of his own, he brings the over-all Nebraska "ranking" down....

Quote Originally Posted by p-ville husker View Post
    They never rate a kicker higher than a 3* 5.5....kickers should not even count in the rankings or average star.

I honestly have gotten to the point that I do not care at all who we recruit and what they are "rated" ...our staff is so good at developing talent for the system they run it doesnt matter who they bring in..as long as the kid is coachable its all good

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    I honestly have gotten to the point that I do not care at all who we recruit and what they are "rated" ...our staff is so good at developing talent for the system they run it doesnt matter who they bring in..as long as the kid is coachable its all good
    Correct on all points....just that kickers are hard to rate and most are walk-ons and then get a schollie if they prove themselves.

#1 Husker Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    A 5.4.....2**.....LOL....these guys have no clue how to rank a kicker....this kid is acknowledged, across the board, as one of the top two or three kickers in the country....

I heard one of their "experts", on the radio a few weeks back, who admitted they didn't really have a clue how to rate kickers....when Nik committed to us....

Hey if he kicks like we expect him to....who cares....:D

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews.../4c2bcc262f398
    You are wise in your ways! Maybe the best Red statement of the year! And trust me there have been many great ones! Somebody tell me what Alex Henerys "*" ranking was when he came to "Kicker U?" Heck what was Kris and Josh Browns star rating for that matter!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesnít matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post
    You are wise in your ways! Maybe the best Red statement of the year! And trust me there have been many great ones! Somebody tell me what Alex Henerys "*" ranking was when he came to "Kicker U?" Heck what was Kris and Josh Browns star rating for that matter!
    While I agree with you... Kris and Josh were schollie recipients out of high school. That alone makes them elite...

Maybe it is a good sign when a team feels comfortable enough to offer one to a kicker... says they have most of the rest of their needs met and have found a kicker they believe it.

Yes, we have had some schollie guys be marginal kickers; but in general when we give one a scholarship I would bet they tend to pan out.

Thanks....

Alex was a 2** too.....5.0 guy....so Nik Sade rated a bit higher....walk-on of course....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...?colleges=show

Quote Originally Posted by SBHusker View Post

I'd be stunned, shocked, and tickled with joy if anyone could find a 4* kicker in Rival's database.
    They just don't do it. He knows he's a stud. We know he's a stud.
    I chalk him up as a success of the class.

Far as I know they have never rated a guy higher than a 3***.......agree with the rest.....well said....

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    I'd be stunned, shocked, and tickled with joy if anyone could find a 4* kicker in Rival's database.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBeRed View Post
    I totally agree with the premise of your post.

That said, I couldn't resist the challenge and think I found someone - Sebastian Janikowski. Not sure how to look it up to verify, but I think he might have been 4 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWICOsker View Post
    I totally agree with the premise of your post.

That said, I couldn't resist the challenge and think I found someone - Sebastian Janikowski. Not sure how to look it up to verify, but I think he might have been 4 stars.
    Well, I went to Rivals to see if I could find anything... But their earliest listed class was 2002.

Varsity
    I remember the accolades (& stars) rivals heaped on aTm recruit todd pegram ... of course that was awhile back, perhaps "rivalstars" are harder to come by now?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tamu/footbal...nkings/rank-38

Message Board Wizard
    What value do you attach to a place kicker? Look at what Alex Henery has done for our program. I doubt anyone on our board would rate him at anything less than 4*. I don't pretend to understand how this rating stuff works. I do know a good kicker is invaluable. We're kind of spoiled at Nebraska. I don't remember a bad kicker.