Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBRASKA @ CAL STATE FULLERTON - GAME #1

Husker Immortal

NEBRASKA @ CAL STATE FULLERTON - GAME #1

Here is the url for Cal State Fullerton Baseball Roster:

http://www.fullertontitans.com/sport...2012-13/roster

Here is the url for Nebraska Baseball Roster:

http://www.huskers.com/SportSelect.d...&db_oem_id=100

Audio scheduled to begin at 7:30 Central

GO BIG RED!!!

Husker Immortal
    Sadly, this previous weekend, Cal State Fullerton lost a young baseball player and a young women's basketball coach.

Our hearts go out to all who were affected by these two tragedies. May God watch over the three who lost their lives and keep them safely in His arms:

Titans Mourn Loss of Teammate Nick Hurtado

FULLERTON, Calif. – The Cal State Fullerton baseball program is mourning the loss of teammate Nick Hurtado, who passed away at the age of 21 after a battle with cancer on Friday night.
    Hurtado, a 2010 graduate of Corona Santiago High School in Corona, Calif., signed with the Titans as a senior in the fall of 2009, before his battle with bone cancer began.
    Hurtado was a four-year letterwinner for head coach Ty DeTrinidad and the Sharks. Before his senior season began, Hurtado was diagnosed with cancer after being hit by a ball in the knee during the preseason. On March 5, 2010, he made his only appearance of his senior season, tossing one pitch (a strike) in the opening game of the 2010 season just days before his treatment was to begin. As a sophomore, he posted a 4-2 record with a 1.98 ERA, and in his final full season with the Sharks as a junior in 2009, Hurtado was 3-2 with 29 strikeouts in 29 and 1/3 innings.
    The pitcher was finally able to join the Titans for the 2012 season, but sat out the year as his treatment and recovery continued. Due to his illness, he was unable to join the roster in 2013, but made the effort to connect with his teammates at Goodwin Field as often as possible.
    Statement from the 2013 Titans
    "The world lost and amazing person last night. We will forever remember his genuine love for the people around him, and for life itself. He was the ultimate friend, and we hope we can grow, and be half the person he was. He touched the lives of so many people with his compassion and unyielding positive attitude. He will be in our hearts every single day."

FULLERTON, Calif. -- Monica Quan, an assistant coach for the Cal State Fullerton women's basketball team who died over the weekend, was remembered Monday by Marcia Foster, coach of the Titan women's basketball team.
    "There really are no words to convey the sadness we feel at the loss, those of us who have had the privilege of working with her," she said during a 12:30 p.m. press conference in Titan Gym.
    "A really bright light was put out way too soon — someone whose passion was impacting young women with the game of basketball. As an assistant, she was someone I counted on to tell me the truth. I loved that about her; I loved her work ethic and her passion for life. We are going to have some work to do because too many young women have been affected by this."
    Quan, 28, and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, were found inside a parked car in Irvine on Sunday, the victims of a shooting that police are characterizing as a double homicide. Irvine police are investigating.
    The press conference was opened by Athletics Director Jim Donovan, who said: "We were very shocked and saddened to learn what's happened to Monica. She was a second-year coach for us and a very special person."
    This morning, CSUF President Mildred García, notified the campus community of the tragedy.
    "The loss of any member of the Titan family causes our community great grief, but the loss of one of our own under these circumstances is indeed tragic and heart wrenching," stated García in an email. "We hope that Monica's family and friends will feel and be comforted by our support during this difficult time. In addition, counselors will be working with our staff and student-athletes as we all begin to struggle with the suddenness of losing such a special member of our university."
    Quan was in her second season as an assistant on Foster's staff. Before joining the Titans, Quan spent two seasons as the lead assistant at Cal Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks.

A decorated four-year letter winner out of Walnut High School and a member of the school's Hall of Fame, Quan's collegiate playing career began at Long Beach State where she played two seasons from 2003-05 before transferring to Concordia University in Irvine, graduating in 2007 with a degree in exercise and sport science and, later, a master's degree in 2009.

QUOTES FROM TODAY'S PRESS CONFERENCE

Athletics Director Jim Donovan
    "Obviously, we are very shocked and saddened to learn about what happened to Monica. I can tell you we've been with the team since early this morning and the team and the staff are very, very saddened about what has happened and what we have learned. Our deepest condolences go out to her family and loved ones."

Head Coach Marcia Foster

"I'm sorry that we are gathered here today for news like this. There are really no words to convey the sadness that our program feels, that the young women who have had the priviledge of working with such a bright and passionate woman. I want to especially send out condolences to Randal and Sylvia Quan, and her brother Ryan."

"We just shared a moment of incredible joy with Monica on her recent engagement... Here's what I want to tell you, I want to tell you that a really bright light was put out way too soon. Somebody, whose passion was impacting young women through the game of basketball, has been taken away from us in a very unfortunate situation."

"As a second-year assistant for me, she was someone I counted on to tell me the truth, I loved that about her. I loved her work ethic. I loved her passion for life. We are going to have some work to do because too many young women have been affected by this."

Husker Immortal
    Following a trip to Disneyland tomorrow, the Huskers continue play in California on Tuesday when they open a two-game series with nationally-ranked Cal State Fullerton. The two teams are schedule to meet at 8 p.m. on both Tuesday, March 19 and Wednesday, March 20. Both games will be shown live online for free at BigWest.TV, and will also be broadcast live on the Husker Sports Network, including for free on Huskers.com.

Husker Immortal
    http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/p...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Special on baseball is on now...Sports Nightly

Husker Immortal
    http://www.bigwest.org/tv/

Maybe, we can get the game on tv, free?

Check this out around game time @ 8:00 Central.

Scroll down after full download of the page.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Husker Immortal
    Dinner time! See you later on.

Husker Immortal
    NIT: Robert Morris up on Ky!! 22-16 with 5:30 left 1st half

Husker Immortal
    Wow, no one here???

Had to do dishes after dinner, so no lineup!

Play it by ear, I guess. No luck, as yet, finding
    video or tv!

Husker Immortal
    Won't let me in!!

So, audio it is!

KY down, 32-40

Rich S ab
    175 rbi

Scout Team
    Go Big Red!

Husker Immortal
    Gauna rhp on mound for SCF

fstbl ins crnr
    0-1 to Rich Sanguinetti

fstbl outs crnr
    1-1

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by HZKRFAN View Post
    Go Big Red!
    Hi!

chop foul
    0-2

outside,
    1-2

Husker Immortal
    1-2 on Rich

foul, 3b side
    hanging in there!

lined off ss glove

throw is late and wild!
    single, err on ss to 2nd

Husker Immortal
    Kelly ab
    302 3 bd

looped to 2nd, and dbls off Rich at 2nd!!

2 down on bad running

Husker Immortal
    Mike P ab

ball 1

hit to left...and it is over his head!

dbl, and no one can come in on dumb running!