Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: Looks like Kevin Steele has a job again: Alabama Recruting

  1. #1
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,713

    Exclamation Looks like Kevin Steele has a job again: Alabama Recruting

    Go figure....Recruting guy....and he is a real good one as we all know....did not coach in 2012....

    Josh Harvey @joshharveyscout Looks like Kevin Steele has a job again. coachingsearch.com/coaching-searc… #Alabama #SabanAlwaysWins
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,713
    Damon Benning....suggestion for Nebraska....

    Damon Benning @damonbenning Is Ron Zook available?
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,713
    Like I said I don't like this and where its headed....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  4. #4
    All American
    HuskerNCorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    20,929
    We need to stop sitting around and thinking about what to do, and go out and do it. Brilliant hire by Saban.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

  5. #5
    Red Shirt
    KC Husker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pleasant Hill, MO
    Posts
    1,615
    It looks like recruiting is about to get very very expensive. Those with the deepest pockets will come out on top. While the poor could be outside looking in. It sure doesn't seem real fair to me.





  6. #6
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,713
    You and I could not agree more on this....this is not good for college football.....


    Quote Originally Posted by KC Husker View Post
    It looks like recruiting is about to get very very expensive. Those with the deepest pockets will come out on top. While the poor could be outside looking in. It sure doesn't seem real fair to me.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  7. #7
    Guest

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    11,196
    Rumor has it they are setting up a staff of around 28 for recruiting...We need to be proactive and not reactive here. No excuses, we have the money ...spend it...Its like the MLB...we are a large market program in terms of cash

  8. #8
    Scout Team
    HZKRFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE: Husker Ground Zero!
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    Rumor has it they are setting up a staff of around 28 for recruiting...We need to be proactive and not reactive here. No excuses, we have the money ...spend it...Its like the MLB...we are a large market program in terms of cash
    aren't there limits to the number of coaches/staff on a team? or is this part of the recruiting changes? So much for Parity in college football.....

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,713
    You just nailed it....college football is becoming a pro sport....and that is damn sad....and the fact that folks want to jump on this without any push back I find sad too....the Nick Saban's of the world love it because it gives them free reign to do what ever they want when ever they want...

    No excuses? What is happening with these new rules is nothing more than the NCAA abdicating a responsibility that is going to open a can of worms that is going to be impossible to have any oversight over....and college football as a whole as we know it is going to suffer....

    Look for your ticket prices etc. to go up....because you and I are going to pay for this....

    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    Rumor has it they are setting up a staff of around 28 for recruiting...We need to be proactive and not reactive here. No excuses, we have the money ...spend it...Its like the MLB...we are a large market program in terms of cash
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Red Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    102,713
    Yup....

    Quote Originally Posted by HZKRFAN View Post
    aren't there limits to the number of coaches/staff on a team? or is this part of the recruiting changes? So much for Parity in college football.....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

  11. #11
    All American
    HuskerNCorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    20,929
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw11 View Post
    Rumor has it they are setting up a staff of around 28 for recruiting...We need to be proactive and not reactive here. No excuses, we have the money ...spend it.
    THIS! Is it unfair that the more profitable programs have great facilities as opposed to the lesser programs? Maybe. But that's life. We have the money, spend it.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

  12. #12
    Husker Fan

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    45,007
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    We need to stop sitting around and thinking about what to do, and go out and do it. Brilliant hire by Saban.
    But but but...they are cheaters!

    You are exactly right. Brilliant move by saban. The Big 10 is busy whining about the new rules...while they are whining they sure as hell better be preparing to play by them too.

  13. #13
    All American
    HuskerNCorpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    South Texas
    Posts
    20,929
    Quote Originally Posted by bilsker View Post
    But but but...they are cheaters!

    You are exactly right. Brilliant move by saban. The Big 10 is busy whining about the new rules...while they are whining they sure as hell be preparing to play by them too.
    I see this as being no different than the richer schools spending much more money on facilities, coaches, training staff, ect, ect, ect...

    If you have the money, hire some non-coaches to help out in recruiting. It's not some "evil" thing IMO. It's a great opporunity for Nebraska.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

  14. #14
    Varsity

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    cibolo via valentine, ne
    Posts
    10,374
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Husker View Post
    It looks like recruiting is about to get very very expensive. Those with the deepest pockets will come out on top. While the poor could be outside looking in. It sure doesn't seem real fair to me.
    Life isnt fair....get used too it!!! sheeesh

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerNCorpus View Post
    I see this as being no different than the richer schools spending much more money on facilities, coaches, training staff, ect, ect, ect...

    If you have the money, hire some non-coaches to help out in recruiting. It's not some "evil" thing IMO. It's a great opportunity for Nebraska.
    Completely agree with your first sentence. It may not be the direction in which we'd like to see college football move but "it is what it is." Football is highly competitive and if we want to compete with the Alabamas then we need to be proactive. Steele being hired was very smart (there's a reason Alabama has been so successful) - NU needs to do whatever they can, within the rules, to compete.

    Your last sentence - they should hire at least one former coach/recruiter to be a part of the recruiting group. Ron Zook would be a great hire (not a particularly good coach but a very good recruiter with Big Ten and Florida ties).

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Damon Benning....suggestion for Nebraska....

    Damon Benning @damonbenning Is Ron Zook available?
    Wow that would be great......he can recruit.....

  17. #17
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    Posts
    63
    +1. IIRC, the majority of the 2006 Florida team were Zook recruits.
    Quote Originally Posted by BurbankHusker View Post
    Wow that would be great......he can recruit.....

  18. #18
    #1 Husker Fan
    FCHusker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins Area
    Posts
    11,232
    Kevin Steele? Wow! The rich just got a whole lot richer and they didnt need to in the first place. Great move by Bama.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops


    It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.



  19. #19
    Guest

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,046
    People have to realize in this game, just as The BobFather and TO did for decades--if you're not moving forward, you're getting behind.

    I thought the rules didn't change until August, however. Saban's always been known for pushing out the limits.

  20. #20
    Junior Varsity
    Husker Mort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Go figure....Recruting guy....and he is a real good one as we all know....did not coach in 2012....

    Josh Harvey @joshharveyscout Looks like Kevin Steele has a job again. coachingsearch.com/coaching-searc… #Alabama #SabanAlwaysWins
    ...or NCAA mole.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •