Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CU Buffs

Scout Team

CU Buffs

Heard Huskers will be playing Colorado again in noncon possibly as early as 2018 anyone else hearing that?

pray for me ;)
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

pray for me ;)
    I wasn't aware of the 2015 BYU game either.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

CU Buffs

4 games between 2018 and 2024

Junior Varsity
    ...don't know that this is the right "marquee" series to schedule, but at least the panhandle fans have something to look forward to.
    "The purpose of argument, should not be victory, but progress." proverb

towel boy
    Hmmmm 2015 is shaping up to be a possible decent Non-Con schedule. BYU and So Miss at home and at Miami. No idea what these programs will be like in 2015 but right now not exactly a cupcake schedule. (notice I did't say it was a KILLER one so don't go off the deep end on that little statement).

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    ...don't know that this is the right "marquee" series to schedule, but at least the panhandle fans have something to look forward to.
    And the thousands of Husker fans in the great state of Colorado.

Move it to Sports Authority Field. We can probably get more Husker fans in than watched the CU/CSU game last year.

All American
    Quote Originally Posted by OPHusker View Post
    Heard Huskers will be playing Colorado again in noncon possibly as early as 2018 anyone else hearing that?
    So much for Nebraska increasing it's level of competition.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Germaphobe
    Quantity does not equate to Quality...

You guys are unbelievable.

Oh how I’ve missed them. Any chance we can get this game on a Friday? Perhaps the Friday before Thanksgiving since it seems Iowa doesn’t love the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    And the thousands of Husker fans in the great state of Colorado.

Move it to Sports Authority Field. We can probably get more Husker fans in than watched the CU/CSU game last year.
    I'd be there! All games right around my birthday too, perfect. Always nice to see some guaranteed wins on the schedule.

i was hoping it would ahve been a 2 for 1 not 2 and 2. WIth their fan support we could have paid them for a 2-1 and been better off.

Quote Originally Posted by HawthorneHusker View Post
    I was sitting in the skybox section directly above the student section, called up a former board member who was at the Fox and Hound with 50 or so other Husker fans to tell him the news before it hit the t.v.--the cheer that went up when he told them what was going on almost blew my eardrum out.

If you look at the video of the stands being cleared out you can see one lone fan in the CU section to the left of the video wearing red, standing and cheering the removal. It was a guy from Hawaii whose sister gave him a ticket right after he moved to Boulder. He wasn't a fan of either team, just wanted to see a game. However, he made the mistake of wearing red. I met him at a Fox and Hound in Colo Spgs and he said that all game he was pelted with coins, batteries, cups and boxes. Finally someone threw a cell phone at him, a pretty expensive one. This guy is not real tall but very, VERY big. He said he turned around and yelled in the direction that the phone came from "this is mine now, unless you want to try and take it from me." He still has the phone. Like I said, he did not care one way or another about either team before going to that game, but now his favorite team is the University of Washington, his second favorite team is NU, and his third favorite team is whoever is playing CU.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Red_MN_Golfer View Post
    i was hoping it would ahve been a 2 for 1 not 2 and 2. WIth their fan support we could have paid them for a 2-1 and been better off.

You may want to re-think it.

Folsom will be full of paying customers when NU comes to town. Plus there is the infusion of revenue that a travelling crowd brings to the community coffers.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

Husker Fan

Good thing NU won't have to face their stellar 2013 recruiting class by then!

Regardless of the moaning that we're bound to hear, I'm excited that we're playing Colorado again. And I'm not a panhandler - I'm a native Omahan.

Colorado has given us many great games and fun memories over the years. Anyone still bitter about that 61-point beat down? I sure am. Alex Henery's 57 yard FG and the follow up pick-6 by Suh? Yup, Colorado.

Looking forward to this.

Travel Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Dream on. University administration knows how much Buff fans in Boulder dislike going down to that West Denver cement island. There is a reason Buff fans who live in Boulder under-represent at the CU-CSU games in that ashtray of a location.
    "Those mothers would rather see the country go down in flames than let the times change."

-- Samuel L. Jackson

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    There is a reason Buff fans who live in Boulder under-represent at the CU-CSU games in that ashtray of a location.
    Besides the product.