Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N. Clouse talks recruiting on USC (1/8/11)-Singelton/Fitts/Newby/Collins/Suttles/Vand

N. Clouse talks recruiting on USC (1/8/11)-Singelton/Fitts/Newby/Collins/Suttles/Vand

FYI....

---Knevel, Love and Singleton are enrolled and in class.....started yesterday....will be in winter conditioning and spring ball....Singelton may figure in the safety mix in the fall....could even be a starter...at the worst in the mix....staff is going to throw him in the fire and get him to speed as much as possible....that way he can hit the ground running in the fall....very athletic kid.....

---Spoke about the five USC Decommits and the decommit today of DE Fitts and his interest in Nebraska....whole thing is strange....not sure if will enroll early now or wait it out until the fall....Nate spoke to him last spring and he had an interest in Nebraska....looking for a school where he could grow as an athlete and spritual....you have to wonder if Coach K and Coach Brown may not be on the phone with him.....

---Newby will announce tomorrow at 3:30 PM CST (1:30 here in CA) and all signs point to Nebraska.....would be surprised if he does not pick Nebraska....Staff has done a tremendous job recruiting him....one day away from committing to Cal and Coach Fisher got him to come to Big Red Weekend....which totally blew him away....came back for an OV and the staff has recrutied him harder than anyother school.....UCLA has come in hard the last month....but Nebraska has been in from the begining....if the Huskers get him tomorrow it will be a HUGE commitment for Nebraska (#1 RB in the state of CA).....and two very, very good RBs in this class....

---If Nebraska lands Newby they will jump big-time in the team recruiting rankings....a HUGE jump....Newby is #67 on the Rivals 100.....sixth best RB in the entire country....one notch below a five-star prospect on Rivals....Could end up Top 15 in Rivals (who does not recognize Singelton as a 2013 recruit thus, pulling the class down).....

---HUGE fan of Malik Collins....explosive, athletic kid....very raw, but has all of the tools....just a baby in development.....as a wrestler understands leverage....and he is very quick....wrestling really comes into play....HIS UPSIDE IS UNREAL......oh and he is getting attention now Nebraska has commitments....Arkansas is snooping around....reached out to him....he is solid to Nebraska...not intrested in anyother school.....best of all....his Mom is sold on Nebraska.... He and his Mom fell in love with Nebraska....the Husker coaches sealed the deal on him.....his high school coaches loved the Huskers coaches...said they were honest with him...not the normal dog and pony show that most college coaches put on....they told his coach the way it was not what he wanted to hear....Malik and his parents loved what they heard....

---Big OV visit weekend this coming weekend.....6 visitors.....Ernest Suttles (soft verbal to Iowa State) is an under the radar guy....has only played football for two years....very athletic....the Huskers stand a good chance at getting him....

---JUCO TE Brandon Vandenburg will visit too....probably the most important visitor this weekend....6'6" and 250lb TE....very similar to Beau Sandland....Huskers have a good shot at him....going head to head with Tennessee and Vanderbilt.....

---Husker have 'mo' going on in recruiting and Newby committing will only help the finish....
    http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...c=991&f=951161
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Gotta love where this class is right now....and with Newby 'N' we could finish very, very strong....perhaps inthe 12-15 range....

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post

Thanks RR for the info and the link. I hope you are spot on with your last line and with the "mo" continuing, would be great to see that happen with a strong HUSKER finish.

Sure looks like it MJ....

Quote Originally Posted by mjohnson View Post
    Thanks RR for the info and the link. I hope you are spot on with your last line and with the "mo" continuing, would be great to see that happen with a strong HUSKER finish.

Bryan Munson @BigRedBryan
    #Huskers and #Bruins fans be sure to follow @KevinCarden who will be covering Terrell Newby's announcement tomorrow! #Nebraska #UCLA

Don't expect any commits this weekend....although Suttles could flip in the next week....

"Knock, knock..."
    I love hearing that we are selling the truth and not the b.s. like everyone else. That weeds out the front-runners, the entitled, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by FeelLikeAStranger View Post
    I love hearing that we are selling the truth and not the b.s. like everyone else. That weeds out the front-runners, the entitled, etc...
    Totally agree with you on this point. Quite frankly, I think this is an awesome selling point with parents. Well, it would be for me anyway.

"Knock, knock..."
    Quote Originally Posted by CornPastor View Post
    Totally agree with you on this point. Quite frankly, I think this is an awesome selling point with parents. Well, it would be for me anyway.
    This is why I never agreed with Callahan's methods, the "hard sell" to commit on the early visit, etc.. The more you have to finagle and convince someone to make a decision, the less will make the decision for the right reasons and the more that will have buyer's remorse. Plus, more trouble later on.

If we lose out on guys who are there for the glitz and glamor and outside "perks"...fine. I want hard-working, smart, stand-up guys who want to be here and want to work, go to school, and compete.

it sure sounds like the staff has got their message honed this year and are going after the right kids. I like the way this is heading!

Yeah I think last year and especially this year Bo and staff have got it figured out....and yeah I like where its headed to...

This is why I never agreed with Callahan's methods, the "hard sell" to commit on the early visit, etc.. The more you have to finagle and convince someone to make a decision, the less will make the decision for the right reasons and the more that will have buyer's remorse. Plus, more trouble later on.

If we lose out on guys who are there for the glitz and glamor and outside "perks"...fine. I want hard-working, smart, stand-up guys who want to be here and want to work, go to school, and compete.

it sure sounds like the staff has got their message honed this year and are going after the right kids. I like the way this is heading!

"Knock, knock..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Yeah I think last year and especially this year Bo and staff have got it figured out....and yeah I like where its headed to...
    as much as people want to bag on Els for the ST's and speed of our LB corps...he's the difference, IMO. Gilmore was a disaster as RC. Els is killing it.

Agree....he has kicked major league butt as the recruiting coordinator....and with more athletic and speedy LBs he may just do okay in that part of his job in 2013 too...

as much as people want to bag on Els for the ST's and speed of our LB corps...he's the difference, IMO. Gilmore was a disaster as RC. Els is killing it.

"Knock, knock..."
    Give me a 10-15 ranked class full of 3-4* kids with upside who want to be here and take care of business and as long as needs are filled, I'll be very happy.

All Legend
    A 10-15 ranked class of about 120 programs.

Damn the shame!
    It's a great day to be a Husker Fan!
    Live By The Code!
    (29-13-3) GATA If you see a skunk in the middle of the road, do you run it over or let it live? That is a quandary?

Red Shirt
    Give me a 10-15 ranked class full of 3-4* kids with upside who want to be here and take care of business and as long as needs are filled, I'll be very happy.
    And yet there are still people who aren't happy that we can't get every 4 & 5 star player we go after. Those players may not like that they have to work for their spot on the team so they go elseware. Fine by me! Hard workers have been the cornerstone of this program for years & I hope it never changes.

......"If you can't make it here, you can always transfer down to OU." -wheat