Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NU v Wisco

Husker Fan

NU v Wisco

So how about some bball talk?

Interesting game Sunday. Wisco is notorious for making it tough to score and NU has had an awful time putting the ball in the basket. Sounds like a bad combo. Wisco is giving up an average of 56 points a game...51.5 in their last 6.

The good news is in their most recent game they didn't exactly spank PSU. PSU was within a point with a few minutes to go.

NU's over/under? 45?

Scout Team
    NU could be in for another 70-31 beatdown.

Husker Immortal
    Until we figure out how to put the ball in the basket, it's going to be a long season.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Go HUSKERS, play your best game of the season so far and pull the big upset.

Water Boy
    Backbench, ................. Final Final, City
    Quote Originally Posted by mjohnson View Post
    Go HUSKERS, play your best game of the season so far and pull the big upset.
    We could readily win this game if the 'Shooters' have a 'Hot' night. Good scoring/FT percentages, we can upset anyone in the conference.
    (But it's been 'hit' or 'miss;' with a lot more 'misses' than 'hits.') Here's rooting for a 'Hot' night! GBR!

Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    Until we figure out how to put the ball in the basket, it's going to be a long season.
    Maybe Tim can put a 'funnel' over the basket at the NE end of the court (every 3-pointer would be good; they score 2, we score 3).
    But don't think he could get permission.
    (Sure glad this forum doesn't get a lot of 'hits')
    "Proud 'Water-Carrier' for Nebraska-Ball "

All American

The Huskers need to come out focused and with renewed energy for this game. This is probably going to be a steaky team this year in terms of energy. It seems like this game might be time for a high energy game.

Two things.

First, with Almeida with his ankle issue, it will be interesting to see how Miles uses 7'1" Freshman Vucetic.

Second, the Huskers have a high-priority recruit, 6' 9" PF Matthew Atewe visiting the game. Hopefully, it will be a good crowd.

Husker Fan

I'll be captain obvious and say that if Gallegos has one of his "off nights" that NU has no chance...same with Talley. That could be said of any game I suppose but the less skilled offensive players and the younger guys are likely to struggle more than normal against a wisco defense.

Miles wasn't too happy about the effort against OSU so I'd imagine that they will come out playing hard and if they do they can hold wisco to a reasonable score....Rey and Talley get hot...you never know.

Scout Team

I see Illinois spanked OSU yesterday, conference wins will be tough to come by.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by OPHusker View Post
    I see Illinois spanked OSU yesterday, conference wins will be tough to come by.
    Illinois might be the real deal. I thought maybe the loss at Purdue may have exposed them but beating OSU is pretty impressive.

Junior Varsity
    GBR!
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

Junior Varsity
    BTW the game is on BTN in 26 minutes.
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

Husker Immortal
    17 minutes until tipoff

pray for me ;)
    I just hope the basketball team can hold them to under what the football team did.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    I just hope the basketball team can hold them to under what the football team did.
    Actually, I think they will.

All American

I have a few errands to run. Doubtful I will be around much for the game. But just wanted to say, "Go Huskers!"

Let's hope team and fans put on a good show for Matthew Atewe.