Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Watson Won a BCS Bowl Before Nebraska

Scout Team

Shawn Watson Won a BCS Bowl Before Nebraska

No real revelations here, just a little miffed that somehow Shawn Watson won a BCS Bowl before the Huskers did. I'm not saying I want him back - quite the opposite.

Just annoying that we finally cleaned house with the guy and he goes on to upset the #3 team in the nation.

Hopefully for him he'll parlay that success into a head coaching gig.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckTownHusker View Post
    No real revelations here, just a little miffed that somehow Shawn Watson won a BCS Bowl before the Huskers did. I'm not saying I want him back - quite the opposite.

Just annoying that we finally cleaned house with the guy and he goes on to upset the #3 team in the nation.
    Bo said he was a good coach. I can buy that. I just don't think he was a good fit at NU.
    "I have never seen people with more class than I saw at Nebraska. The Nebraska fans, players, cheerleaders, band, officials, coaches, etc., gave me living testimony of what college football should be all about." - Bobby Bowden

That Loovul QB will be playing in the NFL. We didn't have one of those while he was here.

I'm not saying I want him back either. I believe Beck is going to pan out.

Red Shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHusker View Post
    That Loovul QB will be playing in the NFL. We didn't have one of those while he was here.

I'm not saying I want him back either. I believe Beck is going to pan out.
    Exactly.

For example, Cam Newton made Czick look like a coaching genius

pray for me ;)
    Louisville only had 70 yards rushing so I am sure to many that translates into a horrible offensive performance last night.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Group B
    It's amazing how big of a difference a "special" player at QB can make in an offense. See Colt McCoy and Vince Young. The guy last night for Louisville was a special player with skills and leadership. Something Watts didnt have the luxury of while here at NU.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    Louisville only had 70 yards rushing so I am sure to many that translates into a horrible offensive performance last night.
    It is a weakness that can be exploited by the right personnel and def scheme. I'd rather have consistent success with the run game than through the air. It takes a special QB to be successful when the run game gets shut down and they aren't easy to find.

pray for me ;)
    It is a weakness that can be exploited by the right personnel and def scheme. I'd rather have consistent success with the run game than through the air. It takes a special QB to be successful when the run game gets shut down and they aren't easy to find.
    You can exploit a team that primarily rushes the ball as well. Balance is the key.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

You can exploit a team that primarily rushes the ball as well. Balance is the key.
    I agree, but if I had to be one-sided, I'd rather be able to run.

Scout Team

Yeah Watson's O looked good as they exploited Florida's weaknesses and Teddy Bridgewater looked sharp. I think I'll give this win to Charlie Strong since his D held Florida to under 300 yards and kept their rushing attack in check.

I can sympathize with it just not setting right though.

pray for me ;)
    It doesn't matter to me as long as the offense moves.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by husker6 View Post
    Yeah Watson's O looked good as they exploited Florida's weaknesses and Teddy Bridgewater looked sharp. I think I'll give this win to Charlie Strong since his D held Florida to under 300 yards and kept their rushing attack in check.

I can sympathize with it just not setting right though.
    Florida's strength all season has been their defense and Watsons boys thrashed it. Even Bridgewater mentioned Watsons plan in his post game interview.

All Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by redarmy View Post
    It's amazing how big of a difference a "special" player at QB can make in an offense. See Colt McCoy and Vince Young. The guy last night for Louisville was a special player with skills and leadership. Something Watts didnt have the luxury of while here at NU.
    Watson did a pretty good job with Joey and had Gabbert on board before the firings. I'm sure that if Watson had a say in who his Oline coach would be, he'd still be here. It's too bad so many folks have made him persona non grata due to being hired by Callahan and not being a "Nebraska" guy. It would've been interesting to see what he would have done had he been able to run his offense with Cody Green/Zac Lee....anyway, that's all history. Maybe we'll meet up with him in the future...would love to see his offense against Bo's defense...right now, my money would be on Watson

Watson's a good coach and a good guy. NU just didn't want to run his West Coast Offense. So congratulations to him and Louisville. Having said that, I have little doubt NU would have won the Big East and could have beaten overranked, no-dimensional Florida last night.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperIsDead View Post
    Having said that, I have little doubt NU would have won the Big East and could have beaten overranked, no-dimensional Florida last night.
    Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.
    LOL! They lost to Syracuse and Connecticut. Have yourself a look at their Big East schedule. And Florida? Our problem is defense, not offense. We would have put points up on Florida. Florida has no offense. They would have matched up well with our no-defense philosophy.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperIsDead View Post
    LOL! They lost to Syracuse and Connecticut. Have yourself a look at their Big East schedule. And Florida? Our problem is defense, not offense. We would have put points up on Florida. Florida has no offense. They would have matched up well with our no-defense philosophy.
    Sure its easy to win hypothetically. Just like the week before the CCG. Everyone was talking about where to stay and who we would be playing in Pasadena. This after barely beating a horrible Iowa team.

Husker Fan

Some of you need to get over it.

Husker Fan

Like NU in those Orange bowls where NU put up 150 yards or so on Miami?