Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 123 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Capital One Bowl: Nebraska (10-3) vs Georgia (11-2) Game Thread

Smile Capital One Bowl: Nebraska (10-3) vs Georgia (11-2) Game Thread

Thought I would put this up earler as its New Years Eve and we will be having some family celebrations this evening....will open it up later tonight.

This is going to be one tough game and will take a monumental task on Nebraska's part to pull off a win and the game is in the south against an SEC team which is an advantage to Georgia without a doubt....with that being said the Huskers can win this game IF they are able to take advantage of the following:

---Hopefully Bo and the D staff have tapped into Carl Pelini's game experience of FAU against Georgia this season as it could be huge in the scheme of things....

---Georgia runs a pro-set offense and Pelini has been able to over the years, as a college coach, do very well against these sorts of teams....but this will be a tall order....Georgia has a great offensive line and is very balanced in the run/pass ratio.....185 yards rushing a game (42nd in the country) and 275 yards passing a game (34th in the country).....that balance is going to make it very tough to attack them on defense....but in order to win the Huskers will have to hold them well below their 37 ppg average....in my mind to have a chance we will have to hold them to 28 or below.....

---Their run defense has struggled this year giving up 178 yards a game (77th in the country) and mobile quarterbacks have given them fits......they gave up over 300+ yards on the ground in there final four games of the regular season (and three of the four teams Auburn, Ga Tech and Georgia Southern 1AA were far from steller foes)....this plays into a Husker strength and frankly if we are not able to exploit this it could be a long afternoon for Nebraska....as their pass defense is giving up only 120 yards a game (32nd in the country).....so the bottom line is we have a chance if we can run the ball consistently against them....and stay patient if the yards do not come early.....and use our full stable of running backs to try and wear them down....one back is not going to get it done against a team of this caliber....

---Now Georgia has had some disruption on their D with the loss of their All-SEC NT to academic issues and the the loss of their DL Coach to Auburn....with the LB coach and a GA taking over the duties....one can only hope this plays into the Huskers hands....

---Nebraska CANNOT win this game if they continue their 2 1/2 turnovers per game against this sort of team....so the Huskers will have to play a turnover free game to even have a chance....and UGA has caused an average of 2 turnovers a game...

---Get off to a quick start....CANNOT afford to fall behind by 10-14 points to a team of this caliber and hope to catch up....

---Finally Georgia, as good as they are, struggled against two of the SEC's worst teams this year....against Tennessee (5-7) 51-44 and Kentucky (2-10) 29-24.....

---Bottom line is this will be a tough game to win and alot of things will have to fall Nebraska's way....but you never know in bowl games when a month has gone by since the previous game was played...almost like a new season.....

---We have to remain patient and keep it close and make it a four quarter game...

---How this ends up I have no clue....being the underdog may not be a bad thing for Nebraska....puts no pressure on them what-so-ever...

Okay to the watching and listening part of the OP....

For those like me who pass on ESPNs Game Day you can watch the BTN Pre-Game Show from 10-11 AM CST

The actual boradcast will start on ABC at 12 noon CST

Radio Pre/Game/Post will be on at 7 AM CST here: http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Agree about the HUSKERS keeping the turnovers to a bare minimum and not letting Georgia jump out to an early lead. A quick start by the HUSKERS would sure be nice to see so hopefully they will come out focused and determined and take it to the Bulldogs early and often. I don't think Georgia is a team to be afraid of as their schedule wasn't that tough if you really take a look at it. They impressed a lot of people with their play against Alabama but keep in mind that was almost like a home game for them as it was played only about 50 miles from their campus. Granted, the HUSKERS play against Wisconsin in the conference championship game was miserable at best and I can see why Georgia is the big favorite but better not count out the HUSKERS tomorrow. GO BIG RED,,,,,,

Happy New Year to everyone.

Oh and just a reminder PLEASE do not try and beat the world filter....and PLEASE do not attack another poster if you get frustrated...attack the post please...its just a game not worth getting an Infraction for or getting yourself a vacation because you lose your cool....

All American

I worry about the mentality of the Husker players after the CCG beatdown. They cannot feel sorry for themselves, they cannot hang their heads. They are the overwhelming underdogs, so perhaps they will relax and play their best football. I think something positive needs to happen right away. I would love to see the defense get a quick turnover that leads to a score.

We will probably know very early how this game is going to go.

Group B
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Oh and just a reminder PLEASE do not try and beat the world filter....and PLEASE do not attack another poster if you get frustrated...attack the post please...its just a game not worth getting an Infraction for or getting yourself a vacation because you lose your cool....

I don't have that kind of passion left in me. The CCG debacle pretty much stole all of the testosterone I had left. I might watch some here and there.
    That's not what he said you ignorant wretch. Your Spanish is worse than your English! - Johnny Ringo.

Is there no web audio for the bowl game?

No link posted yet...

Quote Originally Posted by swschaffert View Post
    Is there no web audio for the bowl game?

#1 Husker Fan
    Oh yeah, we get to start the year off with Ed Cunningham.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

Its just a game....its not life or death....I have a friend fighting colon cancer who would tell you to smile and enjoy it all while you can....win or lose....

Quote Originally Posted by redarmy View Post
    I don't have that kind of passion left in me. The CCG debacle pretty much stole all of the testosterone I had left. I might watch some here and there.

BTN bowl pregame show is on....

Good morning everyone and Happy New Year. I hope 2013 is a healthy and prosperous year for all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    BTN bowl pregame show is on....
    Thanks for the heads up.

Junior Varsity
    I woke up this morning with a good feeling about the game..... Huskers win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGene View Post
    I woke up this morning with a good feeling about the game..... Huskers win this one.

I hear ya BG, HUSKERS going to rock n roll today and come away with the win.