Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Adrian Peterson

Husker Fan

Adrian Peterson

Closing in on the record. Needs 50 more in the last 9 minutes of the 4th Q. Needs to bust a couple good ones.

Pretty incredible season for him regardless of whether he breaks the record or not considering the injury he came back from. Tie ball game with Minn about to go in for a score. So they may be in a position in their next couple possessions where they want to run the ball and burn clock....

Husker Fan

45 to go now.

Vikes up 34-27

I'm a Packers fan...he can have the record as long the Cheeseheads win....

I remember watching Dickerson as a kid out here in CA with my dad every Sunday with the Rams....what a great running back.....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Husker Fan

Packers are driving and burning up clock. Maybe he can get it on overtime.

Husker Fan

Pack ties it up. Minn will get ball back with a little under 3 to go. I imagine Minn will try to run it some so GB doesn't get the ball back if they don't score.

would be amazing...whats even more amazing is that OJ has 2000+ in just 14 games

Husker Fan

Lost a yard on 2nd down. 46 to go. Not gonna get it unless there's OT.

Husker Fan

Minn got the first. To the Pack 48 or so. A TD from AP here would do it.

Husker Fan

got 7 there...needs 39.

Husker Fan

35. Within FG range. He needs to bust one....

Husker Fan

BJ Raji keeps wagging his finger every time they hold AP to no gain. He's got 173 on you BJ...put that finger away.

Husker Fan

Unbelievable. He almost takes it in. Instead he's gonna lose out on the record. Bummer. Unreal effort over 16 games for that guy though.

BLOCK the fg??? haha

Husker Fan

9 yards short.

All Legend
    Shoulda spiked the ball and gave him a shot at it before burning the timeout for the kick.

On the flip side...he had lots of carries, so he should've found the yards somewhere else......good game....great season

Yeah, I'm him...
    My wife is a cheesehead and I kept getting mean stares as I was cheering for him to break the record. Oh well, he did great regardless.
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

SuperFan
    I'm amped. Bummed about AP, but amped about the game. I grew up in WI, so my Facebook gets inundated with Packer fans and their stupid 'GoPackGo' statuses, that added to my edginess. Oh, and I did a LOT of smack talking.

I'm just happy it's over and I can breathe again. =D
    SKI-U-MAH!

There is a great article in sports illustrated about AP. It really is quite a story about his remarkably quick rehab...also some insight into him as a person dealing with fans etc.. The day he got hurt before the game he saw a kid in the stands wearing his jersey and promised to sign an autograph for him after the game.......when he got badly hurt and was carted into the locker room before the game ended he still remembered what he'd said and after the game he kept his promise by sending someone out to get his jersey and he then signed it with "Merry Christmas 2011" (it was Christmas Eve) and "All Day / God Bless". It is a great quick read about a player I hated when he ran over and through us Lincoln, but now I respect his talents and all that he's been through.