Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peat Gone.

Peat Gone.

Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan
    Bo Pelini confirmed to me on Friday that DT Todd Peat is no longer with the program and has been released from his scholarship. #huskers

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite

Quote Originally Posted by MsideHuskers View Post
    Sean Callahan ‏@Sean_Callahan
    Bo Pelini confirmed to me on Friday that DT Todd Peat is no longer with the program and has been released from his scholarship. #huskers

Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite
    He going to Stanford to play with his sister?

Travel Squad
    That's too bad. Injuries seemed to prevent him from ever starting his college career.

Good luck, Mr. Peat.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Boy we sure misread this young man....was such a highly touted recruit......and a major disappointment here. I hear it was more than injuries and was a mutual decision

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    That's too bad. Injuries seemed to prevent him from ever starting his college career.

Good luck, Mr. Peat.
    If he was quitting football due to injury, there would have been a big announcement along with lots of support from the staff and players. Seems to me this is about something else (playing time, scheme, brother, etc.).

Recruit

that top class looks not pretty average now. i.e neb lost peat, green, moore klatchko, bubba

Injury has been a major factor in his issues at Nebraska....

Quote Originally Posted by PaperIsDead View Post
    If he was quitting football due to injury, there would have been a big announcement along with lots of support from the staff and players. Seems to me this is about something else (playing time, scheme, brother, etc.).
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Peat Gone.

Will be interesting to see where he ends up and if he plays football.

Agree...will depend on the extent of the back injury....my guess is Arizona State the home town school if he plays again......will have to sit out 2013 and thus only have 2 to play 2...and with his injury back ground and only 2 years to play allot of schools will shy away....

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan
    Injuries and several other things held Peat back from being the player most expected him to be. I'll be curious where he ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Husker View Post
    Will be interesting to see where he ends up and if he plays football.

Heisman
    None the less, I wish him well because injury certainly was one of the reasons.
    Good friends, you take to the movies. Great teammates, you take to battle.
    Mr. Afro Thunder 80

All American
    Injured, out of shape and not wanting to be a student. Not a good combo.
    For the loser now will be later to win. For the times they are a-changin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Agree...will depend on the extent of the back injury....my guess is Arizona State the home town school if he plays again......will have to sit out 2013 and thus only have 2 to play 2...and with his injury back ground and only 2 years to play allot of schools will shy away....

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan
    Injuries and several other things held Peat back from being the player most expected him to be. I'll be curious where he ends up.
    A four-star DT with a history of injuries, who has two years to play two? Sounds like the type of player Nebraska is trying to recruit but keeps missing on this year.

Not really....Bradley has had no injuries nor did Hooks or Russell....nor do they have the other problems Peat did....

So not sure what you are trying to say or take this thread...which frankly this has nothing to do with Peat leaving Nebraska...

So no its not the type of player Nebraska is trying to recruit....

Do your homework....thanks..

A four-star DT with a history of injuries, who has two years to play two? Sounds like the type of player Nebraska is trying to recruit but keeps missing on this year.

Sorry RR, they all run together for me. I'm not a recruiting guy, I just want them on the field and it's disappointing to lose another highly-touted non-contributor off our roster. Toby Johnson is the JUCO DT with the injury history I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Not really....Bradley has had no injuries nor did Hooks or Russell....nor do they have the other problems Peat did....

So not sure what you are trying to say or take this thread...which frankly this has nothing to do with Peat leaving Nebraska...

So no its not the type of player Nebraska is trying to recruit....

Do your homework....thanks..

No biggie...

Johnson just blew his knee out in the JUCO playoffs...so not really a history per se....but does have academic issues and we are not really going after him because of that....nmot th einjury issue....

Bradley looks to be 'N' today...and he is the #4 ranked JUCO player in the country and the #2 DT behind only Hooks...

Sorry RR, they all run together for me. I'm not a recruiting guy, I just want them on the field and it's disappointing to lose another highly-touted non-contributor off our roster. Toby Johnson is the JUCO DT with the injury history I was thinking of.