Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 117 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread

Smile Nebraska vs Iowa Game Thread

Putting this up a little early as its a holiday and all and don't know what we will be doing later this evening...

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving....our church had the annual community dinner where we served over 300 meals to the less fortunate and homeless folks and it always humbles me to see that we have folks in such need and how grateful they are....we are truely blessed to have our famlies and homes and be able to share what we have.....

Tomorrow is the biggest day in Husker football since we entered the Big 10....a chance to win our division outright and head to Indianapolis and face off (again) with a salty Wisconsin bunch for a chance to win the Big 10 title and head to Pasadena to represent the Big 10 for the first time since entering the conference...and I'm sure not the last time....

I look for a big win tommorow and then hopefully having the extra day to rest and plan will be ready to face off against Wisconsin next Satruday Night....

Game tomorrow is a national broadcast on ABC at 11PM CST from Iowa City, Iowa.....the Huskers are the clear favorites and I honestly think will cover the 14.5-15 points they are favored by.....

Pre/Post and game action can be heard starting at 6AM CDT here: http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

An FYI....Iowa has lost 5 straight games....and sit at 4-7 going into this their final game of the year....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Josh Harvey @joshharveyscout this guy is ready for Thanksgiving in iowa... #fb pic.twitter.com/OYAAWinF

Husker Immortal
    Let's go Huskers!

A way to help a youngman in Nebraska....

Zach Potter @ZachPotter88
    Plz read-In a #Nebraska fball playoff game Isaac Pfeifer, was paralyzed. What can you do? Find out here On.fb.me/TbCehr #Fight4Pfeifer

Isaac's Story:
    Isaac is a Senior at Norfolk Catholic High School and was injured while playing in the State Football Playoff game against the Fort Calhoun Pioneers. He sustained injuries to his C 1 and C 6 vertebrates and currently has no feeling or movement in his legs. Isaac will be going through an extensive rehab as he battles back from his injuries. The Fort Calhoun Community is pulling together to support Isaac and his family and will be hosting a Spaghetti Dinner, Silent Auction and Raffle. All proce...eds will go directly to the family for medical expenses that they have and will incur. Come hungry and help us support the Pfeifer family.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/384076871673753/

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan
    Downtown Iowa City RT @brandonlvogel: @Sean_Callahan Dead. 90% of the people in the bars are Nebraska fans.

2-minute drill: Nebraska at Iowa

FYI.....

Nebraska will win if ...
    It builds off the momentum created the last five weeks and takes care of the ball.
    Iowa will win if ...
    The Hawkeyes play their best game of the year. Nothing less will do.
    Our take
    Even in a short week, Iowa will pour a lot into trying to spoil the Huskers' run to the Legends Division title. The Hawkeyes will have passion and energy to burn, but Nebraska won't overlook them and enjoys having the kind of playmakers that Iowa needs to make this game a real rivalry going forward. The Hawkeyes hang tough for a half before the Huskers make hay.
    Prediction

Nebraska 30, Iowa 13

Much, much more here: http://www.omaha.com/article/2012112...braska-at-iowa

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan
    Downtown Iowa City RT @brandonlvogel: @Sean_Callahan Dead. 90% of the people in the bars are Nebraska fans.
    Those Iowa folks are saving their energy.

Iowa-Nebraska: Five things to watch

FYI....

BY THE NUMBERS
    45.5: Opponents have completed a nation-low 45.5 percent of their passes against the Cornhuskers this season, one of two FBS teams to limit foes to less than 50 percent passing

18: First-time starters Iowa has put on the field this season. Only 10 FBS teams have started more.

Elusive Taylor Martinez: Growth in the passing game has made junior quarterback Taylor Martinez an even more potent part of the Cornhuskers’ offense. He has accounted for 3,212 yards, gaining 792 on the ground with scrambling ability Iowa struggled with last week at Michigan. He also has completed 63.6 percent of his 294 passes, raising his completion percentage seven percent over his 2011 total.

All the rest here: http://qctimes.com/sports/football/c...9bb2963f4.html

Husker Immortal
    Only about 11 hours until kickoff. Let's get it finished Huskers.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Going to be a very cold and windy day tomorrow:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...weekday=Friday

Scout Team
    Arlington, TX ... home of the Arlington Cowboys and Jerry's World!!
    GAME DAY!!!!!!! Let's Get it going!!!! GBR!!!!!
    12/02/07

7/1/11

"To love another person is to see the face of God" Victor Hugo

Scout Team
    Anyone know if BTN2Go or another site will have Live Streaming, I have to work during the game. I checked BTN website, said 12am ET, does this mean it's available ONLY 12AM ET for a replay, hope not. I can record it, but the day would go so much faster if I could watch my Huskers

GBR

Well, looks like i am recording it, after doing some digging looks like BTN only has it for replay

Recruit
    We're bundled up and headed for IC. GO BIG RED!!!

GBRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!