Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Piling On Bo. Bigtime (AND SEE POST #102 in this thread).

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Agarn Reprised View Post
    They failed to mention players' comments (including Compton's). Of course, that would have made the segment balanced.
    Agree 100%. They seemed to quit "researching" the piece after last week's post-game press conference. Complete hack job, based on what we've learned this week.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

Scout Team
    Meh. Any pub is good pub...right?

This story is the flavor of the week. Bo and the Huskers have to own this. Although Howard seams to pile on, cause of his Michigan ties. And Corso is spot on. So keep winning Bo and this too will blow over.

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mort View Post
    Agree 100%. They seemed to quit "researching" the piece after last week's post-game press conference. Complete hack job, based on what we've learned this week.
    ...and then they say some nice things about Osborne -- unbelievable.
    “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” Marcus Aurelius

All Legend
    How is that unbelievable?

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Grappler View Post
    This story is the flavor of the week. Bo and the Huskers have to own this. Although Howard seams to pile on, cause of his Michigan ties. And Corso is spot on. So keep winning Bo and this too will blow over.
    Not necessarily. The brighter the spotlight on the program, the more speculation there will be about Pelini's "antics". The guy could act like an exuberant soccer mom for the rest of his career, but it seems like his reputation is sealed.

Blackshirt
    Must be a slow sports morning. Me I'll keep BO, all else does not matter.

Starter
    We do that on here: "You know that Bo Pelini is no Tom Osborne."

Unfortunately, Bo follows one of the greatest ever in the game...not many would look good in that comparison.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

Travel Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by utsker View Post
    How is that unbelievable?
    Speaking from both sides of their mouth, utsker. In the first piece they talk about the negative "culture" that has been allowed in Lincoln, with the administration's consent. Then they talk about what a great guy the Athletic Director is? Strange to say the least...

This has been picked at from time to time since the TM incident. Now it is out there again for all to see. No matter what is fair or not... If there are other incidents this year it will be hounded ad nausea, again. Win out

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW Husker View Post
    This has been picked at from time to time since the TM incident. Now it is out there again for all to see. No matter what is fair or not... If there are other incidents this year it will be hounded ad nausea, again. Win out

Win out. Give ESPN the signal finger, and move on. Bo has improved his "antics" and he can keep improving if it's important to him. Perhaps his wife recorded this "Gameday" and Bo will get to see it at home.
    "Even hayseeds like ourselves get to put our 2 cents in now. Truthfully most of us could not coach ourselves out of a paper basket."
    ---Russian Red

Meh ... they could do this on a quarter of the programs in CFB. Seems like they've got a hard-on for NU ... oh well, keep winning and recruits will keep coming.

Steaming Weenie

Alot of Bo defenders in the house...I'm guilty too, however, I realize if Pelini was at another school (Arkansas, Michigan, OSU, etc) and had no ties to Nebraska almost all of us on the board, including the serious koolaid drinkers that outright defend his alctions, would be all over him, just like you (they) are with the rationalizations and comparisons to Kelly, Tuberville, etal.
    Truth said, his demeanor is a factor in the public perception of the program and the bad press he creates. Winning helps, but his lack of the CEO image, regardless of what Kelly or the others do, has a negative effect on the program.

Red Shirt
    Whats Howards twitter account?
    "I've never quit anything in my life" -- Bo Pelini

Has nothing to do with Kool-Aid drinking on my part ... I simply don't have an issue with that STYLE of coaching. I've had both kinds of coaches and never had a problem with either. I'm sure some people do, but, given the players' comments, it doesn't seem to be a problem.