Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

Smile Nebraska vs Minnesota Game Thread

Hard to believe how fast this season has moved along as I type this the night before the Huskers 11th game of the season and the final home game vs an improving Minnesota Gophers team, who with 6 wins wil go to to a bowl for the first time since 2009 under second year head coach Jerry Kill....

It will be Senior Day which is always an emotinal day and in addition, it will be Coach Osborne's final game as a coach or AD Nebraska and how fitting is 500 games in service of the Huskers....

Game will be shown on BTN and BTN2GO at 12:30 CST

You can listen to the pregame/game/post game starting at 09:30 CST : http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

A win will take the Huskers to 9 wins and one win away from a Legends Divison title and the Big Ten CCG....a Huskers win tommorow and a Michigan loss to Iowa clinches it....if both wi then the Huskers will have to beat Iowa next Friday and a win will clinch it for them and a trip to Indy on Saturday 1 December....

• Nebraska leads the Big Ten and ranks eighth nationally with 62 plays that gained 20 yards or more. The Cornhuskers are one of three FBS teams with at least 25 passes and rushes that gained at least 20 yards (Texas A&M, Oregon are the others). Nebraska averages 7 yards on first down, the highest average in the Big Ten and 10th in the FBS.

• Nebraska has outscored its opponents 49-14 in the fourth quarter of its five Big Ten victories. The Huskers have outscored those opponents by an average of 139-47 in the fourth quarter. The Huskers have averaged 22.4 plays in the fourth quarter of those victories, compared to just 12 plays for the opponents.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...n-in-week-12-2
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

FYI....

• Minnesota top wideout A.J. Barker (ankle) will miss his third straight game Saturday at Nebraska. The Gophers also will be without defensive tackle Roland Johnson (knee) and reserve linebacker Lamonte Edwards. Senior defensive end D.L. Wilhite, tied for the Big Ten sacks lead with 7.5, is listed as questionable on the team's injury report but also remains the starter on the depth chart. Center Jon Christenson, injured last week at Illinois, also is questionable.

• Nebraska running back Rex Burkhead (knee) will be a game-time decision against Minnesota, coach Bo Pelini said Thursday. Burkhead, who twice has aggravated the knee in Big Ten play and has missed the past three games, tested out the knee this week in practice. Wide receiver Tim Marlowe also is a game-time decision.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...s-borland-iffy

#1 Husker Fan
    Hope it goes ALOT better than the girls match. Uggggghhhhh.
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Husker Immortal
    Gash the Gophers!!
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do…
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

FYI....

Brian Christopherson: In eight of 10 games this season, Nebraska's opponent has completed less than 50 percent of its passes. The Huskers lead the nation in this statistic. Now here comes Minnesota, ranked 100th nationally in passing offense and guided by a freshman quarterback. Of all the matchups, this one is perhaps most favorable to Nebraska.
    Darnell Dickson: The Minnesota offensive line is pretty banged up and the Gophers have a freshman quarterback. I expect Eric Martin to cut loose and really provide some pressure on passing plays. I will be looking for a couple of turnovers, maybe a pick-six, from the defense.
    http://journalstar.com/sports/column...184638b58.html

LOL.... I really like Coach Kill...allot...good guy..

Nebraska is "the best offensive football team we've played," Kill said, and slowing down a team that averages 37.4 points and 482.4 yards per game will be the day's most important factor.
    The Gophers are 18-point underdogs, but Kill said that doesn't mean anything once the game starts. "Each week you see somebody win, and you go, 'How'd they beat so and so? How the hell did that happen?' "

So perhaps the Gophers should start by stomping on the giant N at midfield? "Oh, hell no," Kill said. "No, no."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...179595851.html

#1 Husker Fan
    He is actually a great coach! Wish him the best, just not against us!
    I would give my life for anyone one of them as i would my own family. -Pops

It doesn’t matter if the glass is half full or half empty. What matters is you have a glass that has something in it. Some people have no glass, or have a glass with nothing in it. So appreciate all that is in your life and quit questioning whether your glass in half full or half empty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Husker Immortal
    Good morning everyone.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Yeah, I'm him...
    Good day gents! Going to be almost 60 degrees here in Omaha and a great day for football! Go Big Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

Husker Immortal
    I wonder what Alabama fans thought when told aTm had a freshman quarterback?

Yeah, I'm him...
    Johnny Manziel > Gophers Frosh
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
    -Vince Lombardi

Not even in the same ballpark as teams....so I could not agree more...

Quote Originally Posted by Skers4life View Post
    Johnny Manziel > Gophers Frosh

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan Here's my prediction for today's Minnesota vs. Nebraska game, along with my keys to victory - bit.ly/Q16eg6 #Huskers

Good morning all, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by FCHusker View Post
    Hope it goes ALOT better than the girls match. Uggggghhhhh.

No kidding about that, dang.