Get HuskerMaxô on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 103 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn State at Nebraska Game Thread

Smile Penn State at Nebraska Game Thread

Well its Friday Night again and the Huskers cointue their journey tommorw towards a berth in the Big Ten CCG and hopefully a Rose Bowl berth....

Game will be broadcast on ABC/ESPN 2 (reverse mirror)

The pregame/game/post game broadcast can heard starting at 09:30 AM CST here: http://www.huskers.com/LiveEvents.db...&DB_OEM_ID=100

Looks like the wind could be a factor tommorow which would seem to favor Nebraska if this game gets into a running slugfest....

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan
    I could see the wind tomorrow being a lot like the 2005 Oklahoma vs. Nebraska game. That day there was a 26 mph wind out of the south.

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan
    There's been a lot of windy fall days in Memorial Stadium, but 20 to 25 mph out of the south could really play an impact tomorrow. #huskers

Anyway should be a fun game.....before I forget thanks to all of my fellow vets for all you have done and given for this country....I got to go to a veteran ceremony tonight that my daughter insisted I go to....met a medal of honor winners daughter and the sister of a disabled Iraq War veteran and I was quite humbled to say the least to meet these folks along with so many others I met....my first function since I retired 5 years ago from the USAF....it was quite a humbling experience...if you get a chance this weekend to go to an event please do so....

Cheers....and GBR.....
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Huskers roll in this one....

GBR!!!

Look for a special teams' play to swing the game in Nebraska's favor

Special Teams has been the area that has hurt and let Penn State down the most this year....

NICK HORVATH, Patriot-News sports editor emeritus
    OVERVIEW:
    Nebraska is a turnover machine (-9) that canít be trusted, but the Huskers have a dynamic QB who can usually clean up the mess. This is probably where PSUís victory parade on the road hits the orange cones.
    PLAYERS ON THE SPOT: Those rotating PSU linemen subbing for injured DT Jordan Hill, a veteran run-stopper.
    DONíT BE SURPRISED IF ... first 15 minutes decide the winner. Both teams lethal in opening quarter.
    THE PICK: NEBRASKA 28, PSU 20.
    ź
    DAVID JONES, Patriot-News columnist
    OVERVIEW:
    Windy day preceding a big olí Great Plains cold front. Should be a true home advantage for locals. And probably not a positive factor for Matt McGloin.
    PLAYERS ON THE SPOT: Penn State linebackers are gonna have headaches tracking mercurial Taylor Martinez. And youíd better not miss him if he scrambles upfield.
    DONíT BE SURPRISED IF ... all hell breaks loose midway in the fourth quarter. Maybe not much rain. But a helluva cool-down and a big gust.
    THE PICK: NEBRASKA 29, PSU 24 ź
    ź
    JOE HERMITT, Patriot-News photographer
    OVERVIEW:
    The road hasnít bothered PSU so far, but Nebraska isnít Purdue. The explosive Huskers are led by QB Taylor Martinez and an improving defense. But the Huskers tend to turn the ball over. When they do, Lions need to cash in.
    PLAYERS ON THE SPOT: PSU QB Matt McGloin and O-line need to handle Huskersí blitz.
    DONíT BE SURPRISED IF ... Lions defense, minus Jordan Hill, wears down late.
    THE PICK: NEBRASKA 31, PSU 21 ź
    http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefoo...l#incart_river

The HUSKERS win by at least 2 tds, maybe more.

Steven M. Sipple @HuskerExtraSip My weekly 'Cram Session': Do not underestimate impact Joe Ganz has had on Taylor Martinez's development ... tinyurl.com/c445695 #Huskers

Steven M. Sipple @HuskerExtraSip
    @phil_schmidt11 Prediction: Ganz will be a major-college offensive coordinator within next 7 years. With a few breaks, he should become H.C.

Mike Schaefer @mikejschaefer A few Omaha preps Calvin Strong, Casey Sayles, Nick DeLuca all expected to make unofficial visits tomorrow. #Huskers

All American

Hopefully, this game we find out if Nebraska can play with a lead. If they cut down the early mistakes, it is very possible. However, Penn State has outscored their opponents in the first quarter by a wide margin. I would love to jump on them early and keep the throttle to the floor.

Husker Immortal
    Quote Originally Posted by mjohnson View Post
    The HUSKERS win by at least 2 tds, maybe more.
    I hope you are right. I see another tough game.
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

Husker Immortal
    Let's go Huskers!

The wind is supposed to howl today. How will that effect each offense? Will Tmart be able to be accurate or does the edge go to McGloin? We have to be turnover free today....for once.

Junior Varsity
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Reign View Post
    Steven M. Sipple @HuskerExtraSip My weekly 'Cram Session': Do not underestimate impact Joe Ganz has had on Taylor Martinez's development ... tinyurl.com/c445695 #Huskers

Steven M. Sipple @HuskerExtraSip
    @phil_schmidt11 Prediction: Ganz will be a major-college offensive coordinator within next 7 years. With a few breaks, he should become H.C.
    I got to go to the Broncos-Saints game a few weeks ago, and saw "booger boy" Chase Daniels on the field. Should have been Ganz who made it in the League. Unless he's wearing a double-thick vest, the Mizzou kid has really "blossomed" (are there a lot of calories in "boogers"?).
    (old Gaelic saying) Chan eil h-uile facal sireadh freagairt. Not every question requires an answer.

Husker Immortal
    I finally made it back to the Eastern Time Zone as we begin to sail through the Bahamas at game time. Haven't seen land for 7 days. Wife is going stir crazy. If Huskers don't win, she may be off the back of the ship.
    "Statistics are like the bikini: what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital."

Heisman
    Morning, all. We got a little rain this morning and its clearing up. Gonna be a great day for a game. GO HUSKERS!
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.

Husker Immortal
    Here is the link to the broadcast.

http://www.huskers.com//mediaPortal/...aign=lerotator
    I really hate Penn State! (And I'm not that wild about Iowa either.)

I'm getting the feeling this will be a breakout game for our Huskers. I think we win by a 17-20 points. GBR!

Quote Originally Posted by carrolltonsker View Post
    Thanks Carrollton for the link.

Good morning, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ThotDoc View Post
    I finally made it back to the Eastern Time Zone as we begin to sail through the Bahamas at game time. Haven't seen land for 7 days. Wife is going stir crazy. If Huskers don't win, she may be off the back of the ship.
    Doc! You out sailing around, what the hell are you doing here? You should be dangling a line in the water or something.

Okay, still looking for that big upset Saturday, will it be today? Probably not but I will still pull for Auburn to beat Georgia, TCU to beat KSU, Texas A&M to beat Alabama, Boston College to beat Notre Dame and Arkansas to upset South Carolina, among others.