Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.

Thread: Nebraska vs Penn State Gameday Weather Forecast

Husker Fan

Post Nebraska vs Penn State Gameday Weather Forecast

Probably won't have any time this week to update as I'm in the process of moving. But here's what I see now...

Next Saturday in Lincoln.... 2:30PM CST kickoff.

Look for a high in the 60s for the first half. 50s by late in the game. However, temperatures are at risk with a cold front moving through at some point either Saturday or Sunday. Should it hold, well into the 60s is not a problem. Should it move through earlier on Saturday, might stall in the upper 50s to around 60. But for now, mid (possibly upper) 60s is a reasonable forecast. Slight chance of rain with the front. At this point, looks like it will hold until night -- BUT again, if the front moves through earlier, the rain is a bigger risk. Wind could be a bit of a factor.

Leaning optimistic at this point -- but keep an eye out for changes (wish I could provide updates, but likely won't be able to).

Blackshirt
    Thanks, HWM. Guess what? We'll monitor the weather and update this for once. Good luck, and thanks again.
    Huskers Uber Alles

Husker Immortal
    wind will be a factor in Texas

Thanks HWM...Always look forward to your forcast when I get to make the journey.
    No matter which way it plays out it will be good for me..supposed to be snow and around 30 here.

GBR!

Starter
    Better keep an eye on this.. from wunderground.com this morning: (Opening weekend of deer season in NE )

Saturday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm. High of 73F. Breezy. Winds from the SSW at 20 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
    Saturday Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of snow. Low of 28F. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 15 to 20 mph shifting to the North after midnight. Chance of snow 40% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
    Sunday - Partly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 37F with a windchill as low as 14F. Breezy. Winds from the North at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 60% with accumulations up to 3 in. possible.
    Sunday Night - Clear with a chance of snow. Low of 27F with a windchill as low as 19F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.

Looks like it will be after the game, but would be cautious for driving/travel.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    Better keep an eye on this.. from wunderground.com this morning: (Opening weekend of deer season in NE )

Saturday - Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm. High of 73F. Breezy. Winds from the SSW at 20 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
    Saturday Night - Partly cloudy with a chance of snow. Low of 28F. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 15 to 20 mph shifting to the North after midnight. Chance of snow 40% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.
    Sunday - Partly cloudy with a chance of snow. High of 37F with a windchill as low as 14F. Breezy. Winds from the North at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 60% with accumulations up to 3 in. possible.
    Sunday Night - Clear with a chance of snow. Low of 27F with a windchill as low as 19F. Winds from the NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50% with accumulations up to 1 in. possible.

Looks like it will be after the game, but would be cautious for driving/travel.
    I wonder who this weather will benefit. I'm thinking Nebraska. PSU's strength is their passing game.

towel boy

HuskerExtraBR Come in shorts/T-shirt, but bring a winter coat RT Severe storms could strike during #Huskers game against Penn State. ow.ly/f8pCQ

hopefully the Huskers dont need a 4th quarter comeback...the weather may be nasty

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ax&zmx=1&zmy=1

Looks like the bad weather should hold off until sometime Saturday evening or overnight. Weather.com saying the same thing.

What does HWM say?

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan I could see the wind tomorrow being a lot like the 2005 Oklahoma vs. Nebraska game. That day there was a 26 mph wind out of the south.
    Notre Dame only had one Rudy but Nebraska gets a new crop of Rudys every season

Sean Callahan @Sean_Callahan There's been a lot of windy fall days in Memorial Stadium, but 20 to 25 mph out of the south could really play an impact tomorrow. #huskers

Starter
    Currently in Lincoln
    72, SSW wind gusting to 27.

This morning I saw it was 61 in Lincoln, and 34 in Columbus. Warm front lifting North this morning, then the cold front comes through late tonight.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple. - Barry Switzer

Life is hard
    ; its harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All View Post
    I'd be fine with a MAC coach...even Frank (a lesser mistake than Bo). Over Bo? ABSOLUTELY

Eric Olson @ericolson64

Interesting to see how 40 mph gusts impact #Huskers and #Nittany Lions

Nebraska vs Penn State Gameday Weather Forecast

Oops. Didn't mean to post here.