Get HuskerMax™ on your iPhone. Click here for details. Get tickets for all home and away games here.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Kill Mitt Romney" facebook page finally taken down after over 2 weeks.

pray for me ;)

"Kill Mitt Romney" facebook page finally taken down after over 2 weeks.

http://freebeacon.com/kill-mitt-romn...-still-online/

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff

UPDATE 3:18 p.m.: Facebook has removed the page.
    Twenty-seven users have liked a Facebook page entitled, “Kill Mitt Romney.”
    The page was created on Aug. 10, 2012. Facebook’s community standards forbid users from “credibly (threatening) harm to others, or (organizing) acts of real-world violence”:
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    http://freebeacon.com/kill-mitt-romn...-still-online/

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff

UPDATE 3:18 p.m.: Facebook has removed the page.
    Twenty-seven users have liked a Facebook page entitled, “Kill Mitt Romney.”
    The page was created on Aug. 10, 2012. Facebook’s community standards forbid users from “credibly (threatening) harm to others, or (organizing) acts of real-world violence”:
    Amazing that it took them 16 days to take it down, that's completely and totally unacceptable - whether its threatening Romney, Obama or any other public figure. Shame on you, Facebook. Hope there end up being legal ramifications/penalties for this.

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    Amazing that it took them 16 days to take it down, that's completely and totally unacceptable - whether its threatening Romney, Obama or any other public figure. Shame on you, Facebook. Hope there end up being legal ramifications/penalties for this.
    oh cry me a river.

It happens to both sides.

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskers57 View Post
    oh cry me a river.
    I think you're hitting for the idiotic post cycle this month. We'll count this one as a triple for "Being OK with death threats."

Quote Originally Posted by CornfieldCounty View Post
    You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonuvahusker View Post
    I'm reaching the point of becoming a lunatic here

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Poyer View Post
    I think you're hitting for the idiotic post cycle this month. We'll count this one as a triple for "Being OK with death threats."
    thanks for your input now butt out.

Habitual Line Crosser
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinneyTXHusker View Post
    It's odd how they take down some things so fast and apparently let others slide for so long. They should be have some penalty for this one.

You get so wrapped up in the proverbial "its all about me and my" that you loose not only your creditability but any resemblance of intelligence.

Husker Fan

It's odd how they take down some things so fast and apparently let others slide for so long.
    exactly. it happens to both sides, and sometimes shorter sometimes longer...no news here except for the "kill mitt" part.

Habitual Line Crosser
    exactly. it happens to both sides, and sometimes shorter sometimes longer...no news here except for the "kill mitt" part.
    Um there definitely is news here. Facebook taking over 2 weeks to take down a page calling for an assassination? If an "Assassinate Obama" Facebook page existed you'd be in here whining about it and then blabbering on about how you don't have Facebook.

Husker Fan

Um there definitely is news here. Facebook taking over 2 weeks to take down a page calling for an assassination? If an "Assassinate Obama" Facebook page existed you'd be in here whining about it and then blabbering on about how you don't have Facebook.
    I refuse to even associate with FB-and pleased their value has been halved so far since their opening offering.

I'll bet if you google, youll find some more kill mitt/kill obama/kill bush, kill whoever websites...

Habitual Line Crosser
    I refuse to even associate with FB-and pleased their value has been halved so far since their opening offering.

I'll bet if you google, youll find some more kill mitt/kill obama/kill bush, kill whoever websites...
    1) If you don't want to associate with Facebook, why are you in here in a thread about Facebook? What experience do you have to add?
    2) We're not talking about "Kill _____" websites. I agree, you can find a website for anything. We're talking about Facebook's inaction in taking down that on their own website. Try and keep up.

Husker Fan

1) If you don't want to associate with Facebook, why are you in here in a thread about Facebook? What experience do you have to add?
    2) We're not talking about "Kill _____" websites. I agree, you can find a website for anything. We're talking about Facebook's inaction in taking down that on their own website. Try and keep up.
    my experience with FB is glorious! I'm not corrupted by that website! thanks for asking!

this website...on the other hand, could be debated.

Maybe this belongs in the Perpetual Pet Peeve thread, but a pet peeve of mine are people who don't like Facebook, who brag about how much they don't like/use the site.

pray for me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    Maybe this belongs in the Perpetual Pet Peeve thread, but a pet peeve of mine are people who don't like Facebook, who brag about how much they don't like/use the site.
    If you go to reddit, you can easily see the worst of facebook everyday and never ever have to go there.
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.Bill Watterson, cartoonist, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Husker Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Porkchopexpress View Post
    my pet peeve is people who put in their TP from the bottom up instead of top over.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoREDo View Post
    If you go to reddit, you can easily see the worst of facebook everyday and never ever have to go there.
    I love reading that stuff. My favorite right now for reading stupid facebook stuff is this site. Partly because I'm a new parent.